• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Newbie looking to get day date ii or daytona watch

barsmars

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/1/16
Hi guys, Im new here. I would first like to point out that I am having a very hard time reading this website because of all the black so I apologize if I missed some points.

I am looking to get a very good rep that actually looks good and high quality. Can someone help me? Where do I start? Thanks in advance

tomtadeus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/3/15
Hey,

Check out the Trusted Dealer section on this forum, all these guys have very good quality watches! Start reading on the Rolex brand sub forum to learn what kind of replica you actually can get from your model (day date etc).

Cheers,
Tom

kurtvado

24/8/15
Hey and welcome,

You can change the black theme to something lighter in the bottom of the page ---> RWI Black
Happy reading!!!

barsmars

Banned
4/1/16

kurtvado

24/8/15
Go to the Rolex/Tudor subfora under the brand section and use the "Search Forum" button.
Just type "Day Date" and mark the Show threads - you will be able to see only threads which are about the day date.
A lot of users has posted many threads, and reviews about the watch, and they will help you about the pros and cons!

I recommend that you spend 3-4 hours reading all the threads that you find relevant, ask for help and then choose your next rep.
Just be carefull, you will get "addicted" to this hobby

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
Welcome along, all the info here you need and more so!

if you aren't going to be mega fussy unless want something that is bang on then that one from Intime is a very good start, not crazy money either.

I don't know much about that model personally but people here could tell you the tiniest details and things you wouldn't have realised.

barsmars

Banned
4/1/16
Welcome along, all the info here you need and more so!

if you aren't going to be mega fussy unless want something that is bang on then that one from Intime is a very good start, not crazy money either.

I don't know much about that model personally but people here could tell you the tiniest details and things you wouldn't have realised.

Thanks! I've done some research all day on it and I really would not want it to look fake on my arm. I want the best of the best in terms of quality and craftsmanship and gold plating. I want it to scream "real" but won't go around telling others it's real. I love the style and the character of this particular rolex. My father had one when I was younger and there is some nostalgia attached to it. I love the pure gold color and the rosegold. I am just not sure which model to get in terms of the finish lasting. I know the silver one is recommended but I really love the rosegold or gold.

barsmars

Banned
4/1/16
Go to the Rolex/Tudor subfora under the brand section and use the "Search Forum" button.
Just type "Day Date" and mark the Show threads - you will be able to see only threads which are about the day date.
A lot of users has posted many threads, and reviews about the watch, and they will help you about the pros and cons!

I recommend that you spend 3-4 hours reading all the threads that you find relevant, ask for help and then choose your next rep.
Just be carefull, you will get "addicted" to this hobby

Thanks but unfortunately, I've been searching this forum all day and I did not see any information on this watch. There are a lot of threads on where do I get it but not many reviews. I don't think you guys like the gold or rose gold much :( as I cant find info on it.

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
just my opinion but it will be so so much tougher to find a gold rep that looks genuine.. easy enough with stainless, but gold is a dead giveaway usually

barsmars

Banned
4/1/16
just my opinion but it will be so so much tougher to find a gold rep that looks genuine.. easy enough with stainless, but gold is a dead giveaway usually
Hmm how come gold is a giveaway? Does it look different from 18k gold?

JimLahey

Renowned Member
11/6/15
Hmm how come gold is a giveaway? Does it look different from 18k gold?

Hey bud! From experience gold replicas most likely will fade away more quickly rather than SS(stainless steal) which does not fade as easily(if it ever does I honestly don't know). I've bought a Submariner Rep for my father(and of course he'd rather have the SS b/c the gold is too "blingy") and the "gold" is already fading on he crown not even after a year of wear. Then again he does wear the watch almost everyday and sweats like a pig(sorry dad LOL). I don't know if any other parts of the gold sub are fading since I don't see the old fella that much but I would assume that reps that have YG or RG fade more easily than SS reps. I believe that's why you don't see many gold replicas being reviewed. I don't think gold reps are a dead give away. I'm sure there are quite a bit of reviews of gold Rolex Day Dates or gold reps in general on RWI you might just not be looking hard enough to be honest. There is so much to learn from so many members with vast amounts of watch and rep knowledge that has been posted or might not have been posted(but in 98% of the time it has) it's up to you to find the answers you're looking for. Whether it's messaging experienced members/mods/admins or skimming through the forums for hours. At RWI I'm sure you'll find the information youre looking for. I hope my response helped.

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
the weight, feel, color isnt 1:1, it scratches so easily and even when you look at a reflection in it you can tell its plated

chronomate

Mythical Poster
27/5/15
Hi guys, Im new here. I would first like to point out that I am having a very hard time reading this website because of all the black so I apologize if I missed some points.

I am looking to get a very good rep that actually looks good and high quality. Can someone help me? Where do I start? Thanks in advance

Better hands off the Daytonas. The 7750 movement originally has the primary second at 9. Most Daytona reps have it, as per gen, at 6 and that leads to problems in many cases (that btw goes for all reps with A7750 movements and seconds not at 9. / non-chronos with 7750 movements, as many Panerai reps have it, are trouble-free).

Generally, if you are interested in a Daytona, you should research the Sec@6 issue. There is plenty of threads regarding this on RWI.

In short the problem is that the Daytona reps are equipped with the 7750 chrono movement which is designed for a small second at 9. Since gen Daytonas have the second at 6, the makers have to install additinal bridges to the movement and these seem to be unstable in some cases. Many members here refer to the Daytonas with sec@6 as 'timebombs'.

The safest way is to get a Daytona with frozen second (which means that the chronos don't work but the second at 6 on the subdial works). JF jas a new range of Daytonas with frozen second. But their prices are pretty high for non-chronos. Noob will allegedly be launching frozen second Daytonas soon, too.

chronomate

Mythical Poster
27/5/15
An alternative could be a vintage Daytona 6263. They are hand wind and stable. But as far as I know they have a diameter of only 36.5 mm and if you got strongs wrists, they'll be a bit small.

The Day Date I anyway also just has 36 mm diameter (DD II has 41 mm).