• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planet Ocean 42mm - possible to find?

ThePapabear71

29/11/15
Hi!

While crawling around in the Omega Section (i can´t deny, Omegas are horrible addictive), i read once again over the Omega Replica Database and kept returning back to this picture over and over again:

This watch is driving me mad. One of the biggest "do likes" on this picture, are the bue shines on the dial and i can not find any watch in the stores, that is showing this too. Is this picture from a Gen and i´m totally lost, when i try to find this via the trusted dealers (except from the point, that in the database it´s stated, these are sold out)? Or is this shine only visible, if looking at it in the right angle (AR blueish?).

I would appreciate, if someone could help me to get in the right direction or provide me a link, where this watch is listed to buy.

Thanks in advantage, an another Omega addicted (i have the Spectre, which was leading me to this point...)

ThePapabear71

29/11/15
Damn..... 45mm will be to big on my 6.3" wrist if it does not look smaller or at least not bigger than a 44mm Panerai.
I think, i have to open a search thread in the sales section...

But, do i asume right, that this one would be that model (if it were in stock): PO 42mm Black

ThePapabear71

29/11/15
OK, thanks for clearing this for me. I thougt i was wrong with it, but not completely sure.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Try messaging all the TDs and ask for a "42mm PO v5"...send them a pic

It's a long shot but you never know.

Here's mine:
f582c57227584ddecfae6f31f7302022.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
God I love this model, as said before I went for the 45,5mm Chrono version and now have regretted it.. Maybe I will go for the ceramic new PO 42mm, here's mine as well [emoji39]

Sent from my iPhone

ThePapabear71

29/11/15
I´ve began investigation, but most answers lead to a CrPo until now. Can anyone take these painfull pictures away from me? It hurts really to watch them and not know if i can heal the pain!:invalid::cryingbadly::laugh:

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Yes. The bluish tint of the ar coating is seen at different angles. It's really a nice piece. Better looking than the current ceramic ones. I have a good rep of this which looks good as it is, but I don't mind getting a pre-owned gen of it one day. Here is a video of the gen at YouTube where you can see the tint of the ar at different angles.. >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXeSKMU6tyY

Tanto91

30/3/12
they go up for sale fairly regularly...watch the sales boards. hope is not lost ;)

vdusanv

Renowned Member
16/1/15
Hey man, I think you are looking something like this:
http://www.torobravo2015.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=37_128&product_id=151

I am looking for one to, but 45mm , it can be used or not working. I need one for my little project, I need to put something together and repair, it "clear my mind"

hope I helped you, me, I am open for offers if any one have some old, not working in their desk an not need it any more ( I will pay :)) thanks.

ashtree

18/12/12
I would say avoid the v5 42 PO. The AR is really, really poor compared to today's standards. Way too many tells.

ashtree

18/12/12
Because it's so bright blue that ironically it makes it harder to view the face. I used to have one, and I removed the outer layer of AR because it was so unreadable.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I didn't know that the 5GPO was difficult to find now. Too bad, because it was a great Franken project.

ThePapabear71

29/11/15
I didn't know that the 5GPO was difficult to find now. Too bad, because it was a great Franken project.

I would not franken it (at least at the moment) for two reasons: the money and the lack of knowledge/technical skills (which cost´s more money again when giving away the project)
But, if it comes to that point, what would be a good first step on this particular watch?