• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Portuguese 7 days

shewie

Renowned Member
27/9/14
London
Lol guys you completely missed the point, it's just the matter of replacing one gear, nothing else ONE SS GEAR FOR ONE BRUSHED Faux Golden ratchet wheel.
2 min on ebay and I have a lot for 40USD. 2 USD each.
il_214x170.591049620_cpgm.jpg

I don't see the difficulties.

The jewel on the bridge is a different thing. Argument about 1/10000 price of the watch is invalid here. We are passing here such posts about nitpicking over and over again whenever someone is pointing flaws on QC pics or like me when suggesting some improvements which potential cost is equal to zero.

Thanks.

ianm

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/10
Lol guys you completely missed the point, it's just the matter of replacing one gear, nothing else ONE SS GEAR FOR ONE BRUSHED Faux Golden ratchet wheel.

The jewel on the bridge is a different thing. Argument about 1/10000 price of the watch is invalid here. We are passing here such posts about nitpicking over and over again whenever someone is pointing flaws on QC pics or like me when suggesting some improvements which potential cost is equal to zero.

Thanks.

I do get your point, but no matter how much tweaking is done here and there it will never have the look or feel of the gen. A gold gear wheel is not the only tell it will have to a person that knows the genuine article. I agree the wheel would likely cost next to nothing to install but it is like putting lipstick on a pig...........to a gen owner.
I have over 20 reps and always strive to have the best possible and have spent more than enough on franken projects etc. But nothing beats a gen, because if nothing else you have the satisfaction of knowing that fact.

henrychinaski

19/2/15

Thanks.

Cool, maybe you can do the mod yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonchar

Known Member
11/12/13
My blue on white sent back to Ryan for him to check and fix it up (mine is the one with the second hand stuck at 40sec mark and stop moving). Happy with his communication and response and I am quite certain it will be taken care of by him.

Separately,black croc strap from VN arrived today. Not the best pic and looks better in real life and not complaining for that amount I paid definitely. Pictures below for reference for those interested.

15yw86o.jpg

Watch is back from repairs from Ryan. Seems all good now. Gotta say Ryan's service is top notch and based on this experience with him, I'm definitely going back to him for future purchases.

Back in action below this morning with new VN croc strap. Really makes a difference using this strap compared to the one that came with it.

16438z.jpg

mrjoe

22/8/15
^Thanks. I do know where to source the parts. Just wondering if this would be an ideal project to work on. Mainly concerned about the quality of the rep hands since we already know the gen dial works with this one.

mrjoe

22/8/15
Yeah, I remember sharkey posting something about that. Still thinking about this one..

Grolazu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/6/15
Yeah it's normal, mine starts moving at 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk