• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What is the worst rep you ever bought? The thread to embarrass yourself :-)

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
I also had a Tag Kirium when they first came out. It had pins instead of link screws. I was at a meeting and put my hands up in the air while making an important point and it fell off my wrist.

I also bought a blue faced stainless sub about 15 years before the white gold/blue dial sub came out. I returned to dealer for a black faced sub. That was my first rep and I bought from a Dr. that sold reps out of his office!

Like this,

88860776.jpg

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
Got this from my brother in law years before i found RWI:

DSC_0143.JPG

AlpineA310

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/11/14
My first ever rep was purchased for me by a friend while in Dubai. This was many years ago. He bought it at the markets for about $50 the day before he left to come home. By the time he got back to Australia it had totally stopped working and couldn't be revived!

I knew from that day on there is a better way to do this. :dry:

Kirby6365

16/7/15
Got this in the Luohu commercial city in Shenzhen last year for ~$70. Managed to scratch the mineral glass on the first week of owning it... also the quick date set doesn't really work so well. Sounds like I'm stripping gears and it takes a few full turns to change the date one day. I've gotten much nicer stuff since :)
cZIDHOt.jpg

ghosty999

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/14
Got this guy for a very reasonable 30$ including postage from a chinese wholesale site years before finding RWI, it's bad but not as bad as some of the posts above haha

23sw39x.jpg

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
this doesn't even make canal st, this here is pure quality and Rolex them selves should be proud of this study it closely lol, this is a looky looky man spanish special!

you cant beat that for quality lol

Hahahahaha we have a winner, day date without the day or the date [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
LOL, yeah but with black dial. Clasp broke in like 10 seconds!

I found this at a 24 Hour Fitness steam room. Broken on the floor. I went through the "lost and found" procedure and all that mess. It had a broken display case back crystal (bad ass huh?). I had a watch maker (this is 2007 now) at a Fast Fix Jewelry shoppe order me a crystal, a 21j (of course I didnt know wtf a 21j was and of course he didnt call it that. He called a cheapo Chinese movement) and fixed it. It ran 3 years and then I gifted it to my brother in law who wore it about a year before dropping it and busting it again. I still have that old ass "Canal St" Tag Kirium. Cool huh

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
I found this at a 24 Hour Fitness steam room. Broken on the floor. I went through the "lost and found" procedure and all that mess. It had a broken display case back crystal (bad ass huh?). I had a watch maker (this is 2007 now) at a Fast Fix Jewelry shoppe order me a crystal, a 21j (of course I didnt know wtf a 21j was and of course he didnt call it that. He called a cheapo Chinese movement) and fixed it. It ran 3 years and then I gifted it to my brother in law who wore it about a year before dropping it and busting it again. I still have that old ass "Canal St" Tag Kirium. Cool huh

Dude left it in gym to mess with you!

I remember I took mine to a local jeweler to remove a link and as he was banging on it with a hammer to knock the pins out he exclaims, "Wow, a genuine Tag Heuer!" LMAO

IamTrent

16/4/15
I once bought a rolex from bali, about a week later during school it fell off my wrist and shattered..

Superman76

I'm Pretty Popular
8/1/15
I guess I got off pretty easy... the worst one I bought was a quartz IWC before I found this place. But it wasn't all that bad!

easfarmers

20/11/15
To be fair, the quality for mine is decent. Showerproof and all, but it's massively inaccurate

junior watchmaker

irishjohn

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
Certified
24/11/15
I have the same one but with the black bezel...i works well and keeps good time. Cant really complain much for the $80 i spent..had it in a week too.

watch this

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/15
My worst rep was a fantasy Rolex that I bought on Canal Street lol I thought it was great at the time it was a mix between a ym and explorer it was also the first watch I've ever taken apart if I ever find the parts from it I'll put it back together for you guys to laugh at :)

ryantunna

I'm Pretty Popular
8/7/14
A pam90 from canal street. The power reserve did work but the case and everything else was a joke. I thought i was getting a steal at the time for $150, I wore it proudly and now cringe when I think about it.

King0

1/12/11
I'll throw in my first rep -- a Rolex Daytona purchased by my wife at a flea market in Jersey for $30 (negotiated down from $75). Observe the purple sunburst dial, the bent second hand, the off-center, glued-on subdial needles, and the baton stickers. The handwind movement keeps decent time, though ....

IMG_0349_zpsytph3ufh%25202_zpsmbmvgnoy.jpg

chronomate

Mythical Poster
27/5/15
I'll throw in my first rep -- a Rolex Daytona purchased by my wife at a flea market in Jersey for $30 (negotiated down from $75). Observe the purple sunburst dial, the bent second hand, the off-center, glued-on subdial needles, and the baton stickers. The handwind movement keeps decent time, though ....

IMG_0349_zpsytph3ufh%25202_zpsmbmvgnoy.jpg

At least not a quartz movement like in the Day Date my brother bought in Spain on the beach :thumbup:

Exklusive

I'm Pretty Popular
28/6/15
6xs037.jpg
[/IMG]

The shittiest rep I ever got. Aliexpress. It was never worn.