• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

WBK Review - 1st Rep Purchase

WatchMan23

Looking Around
26/4/15
I've been a member of the forum for a few months now trying to research and learn as much as possible prior to making my first purchase.

Well, I recently decided that it was time for me to take the plunge and make my first purchase from Stan, which I could not be happier with! See below for details...

The Watch = Rolex DSSD D-Blue 1:1 Rep

Here's a few pics for you to enjoy...

490c0c4cd58b14fecd9a3b0765b7064d.jpg

413c575d5b1c829eef0a7bfcb95b135e.jpg

ce3bf158209e1e2ae822b2eb82848a47.jpg

31151e43262703bf9d9360d8f4a4b9e0.jpg

Again, as I mentioned above, I'm extremely happy with my 1st of many Reps! Additionally, Stan is excellent to work with and I'm looking forward to my next purchase from him. Thanks again Stan! Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WatchMan23

Looking Around
26/4/15
Thanks SuprKamiGuru! This is my first Rollie and it's one of my favorite watches too!

hell0w

Horology Curious
12/11/15
Not that good.
Hands are too fat.
Numerals on the bezel are too white.
GEN is silver.

WackoBirdKeeper

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
23/3/06
New Jersey, USA

Odd, I do not know where you got your picture from.
This one came from www.rolex.com

It sure looks different from your picture.

Besides, the DSSD is a $10,000.00 watch.
My watch is only $195.00.

If you expect perfection for only $195.00..........

And once again, here is my rep:

I would expect that you get something for the extra $9,805.00!

hell0w, it is easy to criticize. I hope that crapping on this thread, and attempting to make WatchMan23 feel less excited about his beautiful watch made you feel good.
Frankly, I think that since you have been here for less than a month, and you just have a few posts, that you should learn some forum etiquette before you criticize.

Remember that these are REPLICAS that sell for a fraction of the price of the GENs. We could all blast the heck out of damn near every watch on here. They will all have flaws. We know that. But your lack of consideration for a fellow RWI member speaks volumes about you and your disposition.

sinsir

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/11
Odd, I do not know where you got your picture from.
This one came from www.rolex.com

It sure looks different from your picture.

Besides, the DSSD is a $10,000.00 watch.
My watch is only $195.00.

If you expect perfection for only $195.00..........

And once again, here is my rep:

I would expect that you get something for the extra $9,805.00!

hell0w, it is easy to criticize. I hope that crapping on this thread, and attempting to make WatchMan23 feel less excited about his beautiful watch made you feel good.
Frankly, I think that since you have been here for less than a month, and you just have a few posts, that you should learn some forum etiquette before you criticize.

Remember that these are REPLICAS that sell for a fraction of the price of the GENs. We could all blast the heck out of damn near every watch on here. They will all have flaws. We know that. But your lack of consideration for a fellow RWI member speaks volumes about you and your disposition.
Very well said. Way to watch out. A good looking watch and a happy wrist..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

dferraro7

5/5/13
Enjoy your watch buddy. [emoji867]the haters.

hell0w

Horology Curious
12/11/15
53764c61c42a4319871da2c7bf6f5945.jpg

It's mine. Not from WBK. Not that good right?
Because it's $91 haha... But I like my d-blue.
Thanks mate.

SuprKamiGuru

4/10/15
$91? That says it all right there...

Hey Stan, i don't know this guy but I need to apologize on behalf of all new people. We are not all like that "person" up there. I never understand why people feel the need to crap on others threads/sales threads. If you bought a POS watch and came here and see one far superior to yours, don't feel bad and crap all over the thread... Congratulate those who made the smart decision and bought from Stan. Stan is referred to as "The Man" for a reason. If his watches were POSs then he wouldn't be selling here on RWI, best forum by the way... Anyways, sorry to ramble on like this but it pains me greatly when someone craps on a thread/sales thread, especially from one of the best TDs on this forum... Shame on you...

Oh and I thought I would add that Stan has 44!!! pages of reviews. And every single one of them is a good review. That is more then pretty much every other TD here..... You know what that means? That means his watches are worth taking the time to post a great review. 865 threads... That's 865 times someone bought a watch from Stan and loved it so much that they reviewed it and let everyone know that Stan's watches are great. Think of all the others that loved their watch and did NOT post a review....

Sorry to ramble.....

WackoBirdKeeper

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
23/3/06
New Jersey, USA
53764c61c42a4319871da2c7bf6f5945.jpg

It's mine. Not from WBK. Not that good right?
Because it's $91 haha... But I like my d-blue.
Thanks mate.

So you knock my excellent rep, insult my customers watch, and brag about your $91.00 POS and try to pass it off as a GEN?
No one appreciates your BS here. Your not funny, and you are NOT appreciated.

WackoBirdKeeper

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
23/3/06
New Jersey, USA

Hey Stan, i don't know this guy but I need to apologize on behalf of all new people. We are not all like that "person" up there. I never understand why people feel the need to crap on others threads/sales threads. If you bought a POS watch and came here and see one far superior to yours, don't feel bad and crap all over the thread... Congratulate those who made the smart decision and bought from Stan. Stan is referred to as "The Man" for a reason. If his watches were POSs then he wouldn't be selling here on RWI, best forum by the way... Anyways, sorry to ramble on like this but it pains me greatly when someone craps on a thread/sales thread, especially from one of the best TDs on this forum... Shame on you...

Oh and I thought I would add that Stan has 44!!! pages of reviews. And every single one of them is a good review. That is more then pretty much every other TD here..... You know what that means? That means his watches are worth taking the time to post a great review. 865 threads... That's 865 times someone bought a watch from Stan and loved it so much that they reviewed it and let everyone know that Stan's watches are great. Think of all the others that loved their watch and did NOT post a review....

Sorry to ramble.....

Thank you for what you wrote, and for your kind words. It is appreciated.

As far as hell0w goes, there is a saying, once an AH, always an AH.

BobbyjNM

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/8/15
I think it looks great and when I'm ready to pull the trigger on a new DSSD, I will order it from Stan.

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska

Sorry to ramble.....

I have bought a handful of reps from Stan, as well as the scarves he has posted for the holidays. What is important to point out, is not only are his products of good quality, but he is one of, if not the easiest and best TD's to work with. He is courteous, fair, ships at lightening speed, and makes this very simple! For any RWI member in CONUS, I highly recommend ordering from Stan.

Thank you Stan for what you do here!!! Most of us really appreciate it!!!

Too bad that there are so many noobs right now that don't care to educate themselves with all the knowledge that RWI has to offer. Their lack of knowledge, insight, and etiquette are glaring.

I am thankful for RWI, as this place has quickly become my favorite community!!! I wish all the members were more like [MENTION=113354]SuprKamiGuru[/MENTION] and others who have posted in support of Stan in this thread.

SuprKamiGuru

4/10/15
I have bought a handful of reps from Stan, as well as the scarves he has posted for the holidays. What is important to point out, is not only are his products of good quality, but he is one of, if not the easiest and best TD's to work with. He is courteous, fair, ships at lightening speed, and makes this very simple! For any RWI member in CONUS, I highly recommend ordering from Stan.

Thank you Stan for what you do here!!! Most of us really appreciate it!!!

Too bad that there are so many noobs right now that don't care to educate themselves with all the knowledge that RWI has to offer. Their lack of knowledge, insight, and etiquette are glaring.

I am thankful for RWI, as this place has quickly become my favorite community!!! I wish all the members were more like @SuprKamiGuru and others who have posted in support of Stan in this thread.

Thank you so much Ralphy. Alot of the members here will support Stan without question. Those who either have been here a long time or those who have took the time to do the research on him. Anyways thank you for the compliment. Truly appreciate it!!!

The post by that little shithead and his crappy $91 replica ($90 too much) prompted me to do a quick review of my DSSD Blue that I purchased from Stan. I realize my pictures are terrible. My photography skills suck so please refer to the @WatchMan23 pics for a good representation of how this watch looks. Addressing first the transaction with Stan, I would say it was excellent. His communication and response time are phenomenal. I bought the watch on Friday and it was at my office on Monday. It was a perfect transaction. The watch is a steal for $195 and free shipping. I also had Stan waterproof the watch for a minimal fee. The date window is perfectly aligned as is the rehaut and the pearl at 12 o'clock. The bracelet is extremely well made with proper SEL and all clasps work perfectly. The watch keeps excellent time with minimal stutter/choppiness from the 21J movement. I will say that the pearl and power reserve are suspect, but for the price they can't be beat. I highly recommend using WBK if you are CONUS and want to purchase a reliable, well-made watch via a super quick and free delivery. I love the look of the DSSD, but I didn't want to drop $400 on a watch that I might not like when I actually put it on my wrist. This watch lets me try it out for 1/2 the price and with no shipping/customs headaches. Give Stan a shot.

Thank you for the review and pics Tucker. Is the crystal not level with the bezel?

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Thank you for the review and pics Tucker. Is the crystal not level with the bezel?

The crystal does slightly protrude above the bezel, but is not noticeable as the watch is being worn (at least to me). I looked at some gens and they also protrude but not as much. I have two BK TW 16610s and they also protrude slightly. I certainly wouldn't make that a deal killer. As I said, the pearl (which can be replaced) and the reserve (just wind the watch more frequently) are the only issues and for the price they are not a big deal. I'd certainly recommend it if you like the DSSD. See how you like the watch before you put down a ton of cash for a more expensive rep. I'd also get it waterproofed by Stan so you can make it a daily wear.