• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IWC 3878 Spitfire From ZF factory

BadSamaritan

MULTI ACCOUNT
21/3/15
Anyone asked him about the mouvement?
It is still a 7750, on my point of view it remains a timebomb as i don't think factories have the knowledge to make improvements on movement like Domi.

Why should it be so hard for the factories to reduce an unnecessarily long 4-gear train to a 2-gear train as Domi does? I suppose the movement manufacturers are separate from the factories that develop the watch cases, dials, etc., but if the rep factories were to put pressure on the movement manufacturers and convince them of the market demand, I'm quite sure they could supply something more reliable. The persuasion could come from us, the replica buyers, if we quit buying watches with the existing 7750 sec@6 configuration. Trouble is there's all this stock, including new products that continue to be made, which the manufacturers and retailers must move out. Of course, this is all speculative.

Azel

Renowned Member
Supporter
10/7/14
Same blabla as the old 3878 from unknown factory (V6?) on puretime website regarding mouvement.

rhc22

26/11/11
Why should it be so hard for the factories to reduce an unnecessarily long 4-gear train to a 2-gear train as Domi does? I suppose the movement manufacturers are separate from the factories that develop the watch cases, dials, etc., but if the rep factories were to put pressure on the movement manufacturers and convince them of the market demand, I'm quite sure they could supply something more reliable. The persuasion could come from us, the replica buyers, if we quit buying watches with the existing 7750 sec@6 configuration. Trouble is there's all this stock, including new products that continue to be made, which the manufacturers and retailers must move out. Of course, this is all speculative.

I wonder how much of their business is made up from people from these forums?

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Same blabla as the old 3878 from unknown factory (V6?) on puretime website regarding mouvement.

Yep seems like it. Factories I think are telling us bullocks regarding any improvement otherwise it would have been documented already just like the IWC 7 days new movement that was discussed and shown off for everyone to see. This lack of information just suggests they have made no improvements at all.

DocThor

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/13
Its not about the movement service by Domi TBH. Its excellent that he can provide this service BUT.....

If we pay $300-$400 for a watch we would expect it to function like a watch would we not? And it should function reliably and for a extended period of time.

Would you buy a car that drove only for 500kms and then break?

Well...never ask this question to a Lamborghini owner ;)

I know what you mean but the rep factories and/or movement makers couldn't care less I guess. The watches will be sold no matter if the movement runs for years or only days. We have to deal with it and if we want to have it reliable...thank god for Domi :D

trombone

Certified
26/3/06
I can remember, that somebody posted some pictures of a new seconds at "6" movement mechanism, where only two gears were involved. Rumor says, that this movement is built in this new watches. This should be the reason, why the datewheel is now flash to the dial and not sunken anymore. Anyways, i will buy one of these new Spitfire's and if it breaks, i send it to Domi, who has found a new reliable fix!

ericb196

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
18/5/11
we need to find again this 6 mechanism pictures ?

Fettekatze

Renowned Member
Certified
16/11/13
US
Hmmm bracelet or strap....

The bracelet looks sort of boring but on the other hand the strap doesn't look shiny or dark enough. Aftermarket strap the way to go on this?

merowinger

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/13
Switzerland
This watch works only with a nice (aftermarket) leather strap, imo. I got my QC pics, but low picture quality..cant see any sunburst. But im sure its only the picture/angle/lighting,. ..not the watch. Will post soon.

Azel

Renowned Member
Supporter
10/7/14
Will be nice to have some pictures of this beautifull watch. :)

Beone21

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
10/12/10
We don't post qc's on this forum. Only with permission or when you feel there is a serious issue with your watch. I pmed him and already have them.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

noctus

Known Member
22/12/14
In the other thread for the Portugese people posting qc pics like hell . Have not read a single complain about that so far ...

FredZ

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
31/8/14
I thought QC pics were allowed as long as you accepted the watch