• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Please STOP with the "Rare" version 2.0

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Yup, but don't piss me off as much as FRANKEN!!! ONLY THING Gen on the build is a Crystal:lolcina:

Hahaha, na man gen springbars - Franken
Gen springbars and link screws - SuperFranken

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
So, how about "mint"? Pretty vague, but it should mean, "not worn". I think Col covered this a while back.

This is for sure mint:

Mint-leaves-2007.jpg

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
+1

Sellers shouldn't ask for the shipping costs they paid.

People buy watches wear it a couple of times, decide it's not their thing and try to get almost full retail price back, including shipping. Ridiculous.

Eating up the TD shipping costs should be a rule imo.

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
So, how about "mint"? Pretty vague, but it should mean, "not worn". I think Col covered this a while back.

This is for sure mint:

Mint-leaves-2007.jpg

Mint in this instance refers to "freshly minted" condition, i.e. an uncirculated coin or note being perfect when coming out of the mint.

We should say "Vanilla" instead of "Mint" to show the watch still has that dubious, sickly vanilla smell that brand new (another corruptible term!) replica good have...

Locknload

22/3/13
There are 3 Rare!!!!! reps on the first page in the sales section right now. Ha!

Radman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
6/12/13
"Rare" is being used so much that a search of Rare took me 3 pages to get to this thread.

Mandreas

Renowned Member
9/11/14
I thought about this today. There's like 4-5 "Rare" reps on the front page and only one of them qualifies IMO.

Out of the reps I care enough to know about, I only qualify two of them as "rare."

The Guilloche version of the Vacheron Constantin Overseas w/ bracelet
The IWC Ingenieur 3227 w/ bracelet

That's all I got.

chronomate

Mythical Poster
27/5/15
There are about 4 truly rare replicas out there. Yours isn't no matter what you've been told.

If you really think it is you'd better explain why in your sales thread. It mostly sounds like a trap set for noobs and I don't like it.

That raises the question which reps are truly rare ones?

I'm really interested in your opinions as I really am one of those noobs that would eventually fall for the "rare".

Thanks in advance!

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
My question, and it is sincere, is this: How does anybody really know if their rep is one of only a few (and therefor rarely found) unless they built it from scratch, using their own CNC machine make the case, for example?

The rep market cannot possibly have the infrastructure to catalog watches as does the gen market, can it?

If I am missing something here, please enlighten me. I have an open mind.

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
That raises the question which reps are truly rare ones?

I'm really interested in your opinions as I really am one of those noobs that would eventually fall for the "rare".

Thanks in advance!

1. MEISTURWERK MACHINEN Rolex .618 Panerai. Don't care what model. BEFORE the drama.

2. Mint (notice MINT) IWC Slevin with bracelet.

3. WatchMakerNine Complete 2 Tone from back in the day.

Some reps are hard to get. These are damn near impossible.

Rare means IMPOSSIBLE TO GET..........VERY DESIRABLE..........and...........VERY VERY ACCURATE.

Some rare rep of some obscure model is not RARE. it's IRRELEVANT. ;)

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
1. MEISTURWERK MACHINEN Rolex .618 Panerai. Don't care what model. BEFORE the drama.

Rare means IMPOSSIBLE TO GET..........VERY DESIRABLE..........and...........VERY VERY ACCURATE.

+1 on the WM9's. They are rarer than hens teeth.

chronomate

Mythical Poster
27/5/15

Just started browsing the forum to get a picture ;)

Always interested to learn.

Thanks mates ;)

chronomate

Mythical Poster
27/5/15

Not much to find about any of those but the "Slevin" - mostly sold-marked sales threads on RG.

So these models obviously are really rare. No wonder as their makers seem to have disappeard. Again no wonder as the big makers like noob, KW etc. seem to control the market and flood it with mass production (though some of their products seem to be really good since they're rreferred to as 'super reps')
[MENTION=21839]frigpig[/MENTION]: What do you mean by "drama"?

Thanks again!

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
MM had a "falling out" at hommageforum. It was "dramatic".

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Hmmmm. Several rare watches currently for sale.

lethalspectre

Put Some Respect On My Name
19/5/16
I would say closed factory SMP Omega is rare as I have never seen one come up for sale in almost a year and they are highly sought after by frankeners