• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Ultimate Replica Dress Watch Guide

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
The Guide has now been updated to include:

1) FM - Casablanca
2) Longines Master Moonphase
3) PAM 380
4) PAM 292

These have been updated as per request. I am not putting the 622 on there because even though it is a thin watch, at 47mm it is hardly a dress watch. While i am sure we have members with 8.5" + wrists who can pull this off as a dress watch, to the rest of us it just wont go that well. Just my opinion ofcourse. I have the watch, so if people really want me to include it i will.

622 is a dress watch for Giants.. Lol if you add a nice gator strap it can almost pass as a dress watch..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
I am certainly not bringing into question what you call a dress watch and in fact I completely agree with your selection! What I do mean, is how do you chose specific dress watches to included in this thread? Are these watches that have been well reviewed? I noticed they all had reviews, so that was my natural assumption.

Also, I'll just ask straight up: Do you know of any good dressy reps that are 10mm thick or less? I am having a hell of a time finding any... I noticed the JLC Reserve the Marche and the Nomos you listed are both around 10mm, but I can't find many others...

Thats a tough one. I dont think there are many 10mm dress watches that are accurate enough at the moment. There are a few Piaget watches and a few JLC models that will fit the bill. If i am not mistaken the AP 15400 is around 11 or 12 mm thick.

About which watches make the cut - pretty much what you predicted. I have been on the boards for a while and every time the question gets asked any number of these watches gets listed as a response. Usually when the question is asked - the member wants to know the best possible, super duper, grade A, undetectable dress watch. Lol besides all of the jabs and snickering that gets posted to a question like that, those who do respond will usually give 1 or a combination of the watches that are on this list. I just figured i would gather the best of the best and put it all into one place for everyone.

Snoochers

Horology Curious
15/10/15
Thank you. This is an extremely helpful resource! I have been looking for <11mm Piagets without luck. I found a hand winding version, but not an automatic. Do you know of any offhand?

I might just get the JLC Reserve de Marche in the end if I can't find anything else.

Snoochers

Horology Curious
15/10/15
Wow! This is one of the first examples I've seen of a thin automatic rep! I might get this.... Has anyone reviewed this watch for quality etc?

Do you or anyone else happen to know of more?

Bonus points for thin dress reps with secondary dials! (I know this one is pushing it!)

Jeane123

6/4/15
Some of the new iwc Portuguese 7-days look phenomenal as well and works well with a suit. I am very much looking forward to an accurate breguet rep (let's hope it happens)

hi_bri

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/1/16
Just recently read through this as I'm surprised no one has mentioned the JLC Reverso. The current rep of TT1931 is decent but quartz due to the need to keep it thin. Not a big deal since it doesn't have a seconds dial.

While it was classically a sports watch it is probably one of the best dress watches in the rectangular configuration.

The golden ratio works!

sasquWATCH

Horology Curious
21/3/16
Thank you for the "best of the dress" watch list! Very informative and helpful in decision making. Cartier Tank next on the list.

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
Id like to see a Zenith el primero in here.

And probably not a dress watch, but my Speedmaster 57, blue dial on blue leather just looks amazing with my suit, my other favourite is my Pam 604

atgm

Patron
21/11/15
I'm surprised there's no mention of the IWC Laureus Ingenieur. It's simple, classy, has the stunning blue dial, and enough little things to make it stand out from the "plain dress watch" crowd. I have one coming in from Lucy. :)

6yXYnDK.jpg

Image yoinked from a post by @Mirage showcasing it because he took such a classy picture.

Dfsc

Horology Curious
14/3/16
thanks for the list!

very informative.
you guys here are simply amazing!!!

dondulah

Known Member
3/4/16
That strap goes nice. Nice selection.
I'm surprised there's no mention of the IWC Laureus Ingenieur. It's simple, classy, has the stunning blue dial, and enough little things to make it stand out from the "plain dress watch" crowd. I have one coming in from Lucy. :)

6yXYnDK.jpg

Image yoinked from a post by @Mirage showcasing it because he took such a classy picture.

chronomate

Mythical Poster
27/5/15
I second @atgm

The Ingy Laureus is a very classy watch that goes with casual and business outfits, especially well with blue suits, as I prefer them.

The blue dial is absolutely fascinating and looks very good with blue, black and brown / cognac-colored straps.

I've got mine currently on a gen gator strap in dark blue. I guess the amount of photos I recently took of that watch shows how much I'm in love with it :smile:

Here we go:

7B8DD574-4737-48A3-B7E6-EF4D49BC0759_zpso6rz7rgf.jpg

FDE3219E-7AE1-44C3-BA2C-7BAE0F6C4744_zpskrjpkbuc.jpg

image_zpszrxcfhd5.jpeg

493B55C0-A684-4711-97A0-5C92AA4A35C5_zpscmzc0a6b.jpg

FD4D8F2C-5578-4D36-A22E-90D6F6C90C6D_zpsva8zcu7x.jpg

B4AD2DB4-397C-42B1-ACE7-0B5EE74AB8BB_zps3z5buue4.jpg

image_zpsdyriik0f.jpeg

image_zpsprwfwejy.jpeg

Donjuanm80

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/6/13
Atgm / Chronomate: +1 - the IWC Ingenieur Laureus is an amazing watch - great photos!
Everytime I see photos like your I want to buy it as a dress watch myself, however I hesitate as it is (true to gen) relatively thick (14mm according to Puretime).
I am worried it's a bit too thick to wear with a suit - how is your experience?