• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

J12 15400 - Edit: Now Available

matthew90

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/14
Agreed. The JF dial flaw is not bad in real life, not too noticeable at least in black.

Yes the dial seems to be alright in real life but what really sucks is the AP logo misalignment. Judging by the pictures TD's took, it seemed alright but seeing the crooked logo kind of made me upset :(

chewy824

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/7/14
Yes the dial seems to be alright in real life but what really sucks is the AP logo misalignment. Judging by the pictures TD's took, it seemed alright but seeing the crooked logo kind of made me upset :(

Apparently it should not be difficult to fix with some careful nudging. Will see when I do the crystal swap.

matthew90

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/14
Apparently it should not be difficult to fix with some careful nudging. Will see when I do the crystal swap.

Well that's just bummer for those like myself who was gonna use the watch as is without any mods as JF's crystal usually is good enough.
I hate the way TD's are advertising. Just like those Pizza places using absolutely gorgeous pictures and then you just end up with half-baked bread with some cheese & sausage on top

chronosphere

14/10/14
JF on the left, TF on the right
6e499e47eda034c7e1cc5afdbe821707.jpg

JF "pimples" tapisserie doesn't look too bad to me even at this size, wheras the white dial (on samples posted so far) looks "poorish".

The TF sample comparison here though appears to have the bezel "brushing" horizontal compared to bracelet vertical. I would be wanting
to rotate crystal/bezel assembly on TF sample thru 90 degrees.

Also I did not think the JF white dial sample sample posted by trOy was that bad. Magnifying the dial details even more, it looked to me
as if print(excluding AP logo) was acceptably square including 4 oclock marker - which looked funny (I think) due to illumination source.
It was the "RED" guide lines that seemed out of horizontal, lower at left end to the dial, that made things look wrong at least on on my monitor.

However, as I really want a white dial, I may wait for more samples to be posted, or wait even longer in hope of a V2 JF with tapisserie improved.

I have gained the impression on forums that JF quality was/is notcably better and consistent than TF. Am I correct?

Byrnedogs

10/3/14
I might be wrong but the crystal on my JF V7 diver seems to be better than those fitted to these Royal Oak's, do you guys agree? If so, i don't understand how or why a backwards step would be made here. I'm not really experienced at modding and was hoping that this would be a great 'out of the box' rep, just like my diver :/

cornholio

Renowned Member
6/5/15
I got the QC pics, everything seems to be perfectly aligned except for the 12 o'clock marker, I don't want to reject it knowing that the next one could be worse. So realistically how difficult is it to adjust the markers being a noob?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C124

Renowned Member
25/11/14

Who's crystal are you planning to use mate? I've got a guru /domi one but not sure it will fit my incoming JF 15400

Discigerous

Renowned Member
29/9/15
I got the QC pics, everything seems to be perfectly aligned except for the 12 o'clock marker, I don't want to reject it knowing that the next one could be worse. So realistically how difficult is it to adjust the markers being a noob?

Could you post the pic of the dial?

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
86b917de01d75dc0f95aa0a9e89b59fb.jpg

I know the date is off too but I can live with that

The date seems ok to me, buddy. So are the markers @12... Maybe it's just the light reflection

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
Small squares are more obvious on the white than black dial. Sigh...

Cant deny that im disappointed after waiting till now...

V2 perhaps.

chewy824

18/7/14
Who's crystal are you planning to use mate? I've got a guru /domi one but not sure it will fit my incoming JF 15400

I am going to be using a guru xtal. Will try fitting tonight and let you all know how it works out.

cornholio

Renowned Member
6/5/15
The date seems ok to me, buddy. So are the markers @12... Maybe it's just the light reflection

I am not one to be anal about minor imperfections, which is why im going to accept this. But in case in person it looks slanted I just want to know if its possible for a noob like myself to fix it, is it too difficult?

cornholio

Renowned Member
6/5/15
Looks good to me. Can't really tell that any markers are off, are you sure?

its not a big issue, but if you notice the II of the 12 oclock youll see the theres a small gap at the top while the bottom is stuck. Like I said, im going to accept this but if, in case it looks bad in person I'd like to know if I can fix it myself being a noob