• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

-={ Pimlico's Rolex Super Reps Recommendation }=-

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
That's great. Do you have a link? Would be good to see a detailed analysis of very Rolex watch compared to gen.

I have made tons of threads with everything people need to know.but this crazy rolex guide were making the files and pics etc etc are in word doc.it still need laying out.its literally pages and pages and pages of info.with macros of the gens reps the franken's. All the parts .all the dissamebled watches.we expalin what's the best sub and why lol.what's the best gmt etc just everything to do with dial layouts and rolex watches in general

Retina

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
18/12/14
thanks for the effort mate, just a few things you might want to add

1. bk, as mentioned by ceocorona and Mendota, does not use brand new eta movements. he just checks them for you. and i will never recommend anyone to get "eta" movements from factories when the current asian movements perform more reliably at a much cheaper cost.
2. i would simply remove the dssd blue from this guide totally seeing as its supposed to be a super rep compilation.
3. pertaining to number "1" you should remove the note on recommending people to get eta movements totally. its not worth the risk and cost compared to asian movements.

lastly, the only super reps in my definition belong to TC with the exception of his cadell subs.

"Good" reps are nice to have for casual wear but i would not mention them in a guide for super-reps. Its frankly crazy that you would recommend someone to drop $500 on a good rep with eta movement when one could spend an extra $100 for a TC sub.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I too was under the impression that BK sourced only watches with new swiss movements in them........

pimlico

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
2/4/15
I too was under the impression that BK sourced only watches with new swiss movements in them........

I confirmed with BK that this is indeed the case; that's why he charges a premium.

pimlico

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
2/4/15
thanks for the effort mate, just a few things you might want to add

1. bk, as mentioned by ceocorona and Mendota, does not use brand new eta movements. he just checks them for you. and i will never recommend anyone to get "eta" movements from factories when the current asian movements perform more reliably at a much cheaper cost.
2. i would simply remove the dssd blue from this guide totally seeing as its supposed to be a super rep compilation.
3. pertaining to number "1" you should remove the note on recommending people to get eta movements totally. its not worth the risk and cost compared to asian movements.

lastly, the only super reps in my definition belong to TC with the exception of his cadell subs.

"Good" reps are nice to have for casual wear but i would not mention them in a guide for super-reps. Its frankly crazy that you would recommend someone to drop $500 on a good rep with eta movement when one could spend an extra $100 for a TC sub.

I've updated the guide with your recommendations. I've removed the good reps and only focused on the super reps.

Mendota

16/10/08
MN
I think we are all saying the same thing in different ways. Nobody is denying that his Noob watches come with a Swiss ETA. What we are saying is they are still Noob watches. The same Noob watches that Ryan or Toro or Angus sell. The difference is he makes sure that when it is supposed to contain a Swiss it really does contain a Swiss. But it is still a Noob watch. If you or I order a Noob with Swiss it is up to us to make sure it is and there is no guaranty.

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
Noobies have a right to post what they think is a good buy. Not gospel by any means, but a guy has to start somewhere. And corrections are in order when needed. As in any endeavor, humility is needed and the OP has said from the very beginning that this is his view, being new to the forum. It is not a guide all to end all. Simply a path to examining all options available. Those of us who 'know' what the facts are should step in and correct these views. Not bash the guy left and right. He is a noobie learning the ropes, and in due time could be another 'teacher' here. So let the 'views' come into print. and we can always step in for needed corrections and guidance. Lest we forget, we where once like him before, no harm in that. It is a learning curve. Not a bashing event. Without noobies posting stuff here, then who is to lead the future. Guidance is the word. It is always welcome. And appreciated. let us all chime in in a positive manner. .....................Rep on !!

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
This thread has some very good informative value if someone reads it all but a Noob will be lost for sure to understand all about models, factories, etc. Best way to education is reading, tons of reading and every noob should now that... [MENTION=83013]smoke[/MENTION], we are waiting your Rolex guide, I always enjoying reading your comments and expanding my knowledge

Sent from my S6 Edge+

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
We will not even mention bk noob watches in our guide.because they are not worth mentioning to be honest . I do not recommended them to noobs or experts.because it's just a stock watch with a gen Swiss movement. Added qc is not needed just use your eyes in the qc pics for the tds ,our guide will help you know what to look out for in your qc pics.dial alignment. Date wheel overlay alignment,xtal alignment etc etc.ps bk DWO is not as good as the stock noob DWO either.this is not bashing him it's just I feel it not worth it.unless you are desperate for the Swiss 2836 And even then you can but a Swiss movement pretty cheap these days and movement swaps are easy mod.I do put Swiss movements in my personal builds.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Noobies have a right to post what they think is a good buy. Not gospel by any means, but a guy has to start somewhere. And corrections are in order when needed. As in any endeavor, humility is needed and the OP has said from the very beginning that this is his view, being new to the forum. It is not a guide all to end all. Simply a path to examining all options available. Those of us who 'know' what the facts are should step in and correct these views. Not bash the guy left and right. He is a noobie learning the ropes, and in due time could be another 'teacher' here. So let the 'views' come into print. and we can always step in for needed corrections and guidance. Lest we forget, we where once like him before, no harm in that. It is a learning curve. Not a bashing event. Without noobies posting stuff here, then who is to lead the future. Guidance is the word. It is always welcome. And appreciated. let us all chime in in a positive manner. .....................Rep on !!

Well Sumi, most of us didn't get as butthurt when we got some negative comments. Most of us respected oldies, most of us didn't get brigged within a few months in this because going ham on staff.. I could go on brother :p

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Thanks pimlico this is a very good job
As always the main problem and the most interesting thing is the UPDATING

Good luck
ALE

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I have made tons of threads with everything people need to know.but this crazy rolex guide were making the files and pics etc etc are in word doc.it still need laying out.its literally pages and pages and pages of info.with macros of the gens reps the franken's. All the parts .all the dissamebled watches.we expalin what's the best sub and why lol.what's the best gmt etc just everything to do with dial layouts and rolex watches in general

Wow smoke

That will be a huge effort and a really good job
Let me know if I can help you (just with advices about organization)
GOOD LUCK
ALE

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Wow smoke

That will be a huge effort and a really good job
Let me know if I can help you (just with advices about organization)
GOOD LUCK
ALE

Cheers mate it definitely alot of work.me and zocker have been working on it for a while now.I will let u know if we need any help with anything. But hopefully we should be done soon.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Cheers mate it definitely alot of work.me and zocker have been working on it for a while now.I will let u know if we need any help with anything. But hopefully we should be done soon.

I understand you perfectly
We will keep in contact
Good luck

ALE

Retina

Certified
18/12/14
that's really awesome, looking forward to it :)

BSCS

11/11/14
Yeah it does man also me and zocker are currently working on an enormous thread that will explain everything about everything there is to know about rolex reps.franken's and gens.thread is not to far off until done .but it's a hell of alot of work were doing

Looking forward to this too. Good job Smoke and Zocker. This will be a great contribuition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
However the best option is to get a modified DSSD from TC.
TC doesn't make a DSSD.
Here is a Milgauss with black dial from RWI advisor
G5XrgzTh.jpg

This is black eh? Seems to be white to me but might be my bad eyesight.. :giggle: