• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Swiss" ETA / Asian Superclones / Asian Clones - What's the best choice?

msc1967

Known Member
3/8/13
Hello from Germany - I am a bit confused. I want to purchase a watch from TSWatch. They are showing a lot of swiss ETA movements on their website. Are these real ETA movements?Refurbished ones? Is there any experience with TSWatch?​

ceepee

Horology Curious
4/2/15
Hello from Germany - I am a bit confused. I want to purchase a watch from TSWatch. They are showing a lot of swiss ETA movements on their website. Are these real ETA movements?Refurbished ones? Is there any experience with TSWatch?​

I purchased from TSWatch and asked this same question.

Their reply is: Asian ETA is made in Asia, Swiss ETA is Swiss but not genuine ETA. Swiss ETA is brand new, not refurbished.

So now I'm confused...Swiss ETA is also a clone?

jonnyknox

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
8/11/10
:picard2:

I purchased from TSWatch and asked this same question.

Their reply is: Asian ETA is made in Asia, Swiss ETA is Swiss but not genuine ETA. Swiss ETA is brand new, not refurbished.

So now I'm confused...Swiss ETA is also a clone?

erinboy

Horology Curious
8/6/15
Thanks for a great discussion! I am new to RWI and this information is very helpful as I get up to spped. I like this site!

anormal

Looking Around
7/8/15
Just another thanks for a very useful thread, thanks all for all the info!

SuperHero

Known Member
3/11/13
I am in the process of building a watch using rep parts but not to make an actual rep. Funny enough, I watched a video comparing ETA versus TC and the TC was considered better. Could have simply been posted by someone who is selling them but... I am on the fence as to which way to go. Perhaps finding an OLD ETA in a actual watch might be the way to go. Either way, it will probably have to be serviced.

es-watch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/9/15
I'd go superclone myself. You can get a new movement with ETA specs for the cost of a minor repair on the gen ETA.

darkelfx

Known Member
11/9/15
I am in the process of building a watch using rep parts but not to make an actual rep. Funny enough, I watched a video comparing ETA versus TC and the TC was considered better. Could have simply been posted by someone who is selling them but... I am on the fence as to which way to go. Perhaps finding an OLD ETA in a actual watch might be the way to go. Either way, it will probably have to be serviced.

Either way, you'll have to get it serviced. In my opinion based on what I've read/heard, TC Movement is a step up from the Asian Clone ETAs.

es-watch

23/9/15
I'd second this. I've bought a few movements from TC and have been really happy with the quality.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Not particularly, and definitely not worth the extra $$.

TitleistRolex

Renowned Member
8/12/15
CONUS
I'm starting to see a lot of the websites in the trusted dealer page state that 3135 movement is the best one now? Is this true and is it a new movement? I've only been seeking and reviewing reps for about 9-10 months now and thought I had a grasp on which movements I should want and which I should really stay away from. I originally thought A2836 was the ideal movement secondary to it being the easiest to replace for parts and is most reliable. Now I'm seeing that A3135 is the best, well I'm asking all you experts if this is the truth? Thanks in advance, also I'm sure this may have been covered somewhere in these forums, but I didn't find it as of yet.

potex

3/4/14
The only watch I paid extra for swiss, is the only one I had to send back to china to get repaired.

Espcustom

15/5/15
Clones can be pretty decent but even if you buy genuine Swiss eta you can get pretty disappointed.

The only thing that disturbs me is the lack of precise definition and technical details regarding clone movements on some vendors site.

jasonreplica

Looking Around
29/12/15
I would choose the Asian clone, after all, it is new.
I do not want to use the refurbished product as it exists risks.
This is my choice???