• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Some issue with TC 2015 YM just received

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
I'm going to continue to be a doubting Thomas (no pun intended) on this situation.

TC can assemble these watches with one hand tied behind his back while eating an apple. There's just no f'n way he made the following mistakes.

1. Bent second hand.
2. Installed crystal crooked.
3. Installed retaining ring crooked.
4. Forgot the retaining ring gasket.

Just no f'n way.

Either his apprentice watchmaker in .cn is helping with assembly and is rushing things, or something fishy is going on with this thread.

Sorry... please prove me wrong. And no offense to the OP. If the above is true and I'm wrong, you certainly have every right to be upset.

Dominum

Horology Curious
6/4/13
I got my TC YM from .cn also without the timing card. So far no problems for me.

takoxavy

I'm Pretty Popular
8/3/14
I'm about to pull the trigger on the TC YM... should I wait?

sent from BOOOOOOOOOM

chy1013m1

Horology Curious
4/9/13
hi [MENTION=62202]Dominum[/MENTION] , do you mind sharing photos of your watch ? I am interested to know if there is a water seal rubber gasket under your retainer .
thanks

Si_jeff

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/5/15
NY, USA
Just want to add to this thread, the tc lv I recently got from him which was shipped from Conus has the rubber gasket, although my watchmaker changed it to a gen rubber gasket for a better fit.

sehyang82

Known Member
25/9/14
Based on recent surge of orders worldwide, he will be struggling hard to keep up the demand, and things like this happen. Afterall, he is working alone or with few others, so there are errors.

Trust me. TC Sub is the holy grail in Rep watch community in Korea, and many orders from him, and have seen much worse issues than this one.

It's just a human nature of errors.

Question is, how is he going to deal with it?

agd47

18/4/15
I have to say I've recently acquired a sub v6 and apart from the bracelet being light which I've read is also the case with the gen 16610, the standard is in my opinion way higher than other reps available.

Pablo2014

2/4/14
My TC LV arrived back in jan with no timing card, the watch is excellent I've had no issues with it ! I would speak to TC he will make sure this is resolved!

blackboxes

Advisor/Supporter
Advisor
31/5/15
Same thing with Pablo, my TC LV from last month had no card but was good, the YM however came with the card. Both ways the watches were fab tho.

J___

M2M Stalker
Patron
Certified
3/7/14
Just got my YM today. Card was included.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
im looking forward to seeing the 2015 YM i received my package last week and all i got was an envelope that had been sealed incorrectly so the YM obviously fell out in Taiwan somewhere. still waiting for TC to get back to me hope this gets resolved

chy1013m1

Horology Curious
4/9/13
[MENTION=25656]mnkoshka[/MENTION] that is even worse than mine ! , good luck..!!

chy1013m1

Horology Curious
4/9/13
I eventually took the YM to a local watch smith who resolved all of my YM problems for me (for $48 bucks)
he also tested water proof and is claiming 20 bar pressure test passed.
I will only be washing my hands with these...

thetcym.jpg

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
@mnkoshka that is even worse than mine ! , good luck..!!

thanks mate for me its over $1000AUD for one of these. as its the senders responsibility to close the package before shipping im sure TC will come good on this but its the waiting to find out that kills me lol