• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Only in China...

redrising

I'm Pretty Popular
23/4/12
Do you pay for your house over and over again? No. That was my point. You also do NOT pay for your land. You pay TAX. If you paid $600,000 for a piece of land, where your house is, do you pay same amount again? Nope. Land IS mine, because I can do whatever I want on this land. Try to modify ANYTHING you lease. Fat chance.

The land is yours until the govt step in with eminent domain.

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
Then they pay me. And in many cases more, than I paid. So, I can get another land and have some profit.
:p

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
It's like that in many countries. I was trying to buy a home in Baja some years ago, and they told me I was not allowed to own land because I was not born in Mexico. They would gladly do that kind of lease. I told them to beat off and die. My other option was purchasing it through my wife. But if i ever were to get divorced, i'd be SOL on that property ! No thanks.

I'm very curious on how that guy will deconstruct. I was involved in that type of project here in So Cal, where a builder went two stories higher than the FAA alllowed. It was a clusterfawk.

I have a place in baja mexico and have had it for over 10 years. I did a 99 year lease and my wife and kids are named as the benificiary should something happen to me. I also have the right to sell it under the contract but the owner gets a 15% cut of the total price. I have had no issues since I've had it.
FirstChoice018_zps501e1fdb.jpg

FirstChoice020_zps82cf6dfe.jpg

Ruski91

12/10/12
FirstChoice018_zps501e1fdb.jpg

Isnt that mel gibson's crib from lethal weapon 2?? LOL

Luthier

30/9/09
Jeff, why the hell you need it there??????????
You pay ME to have a house in Mexico - I'll decline.

Rush2112

Renowned Member
27/4/13
Property tax has nothing to do with the property payment. If I bought a house - it's mine, I can leave to my kids, they can leave it to their kids, nobody, ever, would be asked to pay for this house again. I pay registration fee for every of my cars too, does it mean I don't own my cars?

I get his point. Try not paying your taxes and see how long you still own your house.

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
I must admit that I have not been down there in a couple years. My wife believes all of the stuff on tv. That being said I have friends that go down every other week and another friend who moved down their full time with no issues.

Luth,
Realisticlly I could never afford to have water front property in the California. I bought it as a vacation get away for the family. Its a nice place to vacation...go fishing, ride dirt bikes on the beach, surf etc.:cheese:

redrising

I'm Pretty Popular
23/4/12
What if your family live there for generations and some business comes in and decide to develop something. They lobby local govt to kick you out. I doubt that the compensation is of market value. And if it is, what of the sentimental value? What about the principle? Individual freedom is lost.

Ultimately, it's the golden rule - whoever has the gold, makes the rule.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
What if your family live there for generations and some business comes in and decide to develop something. They lobby local govt to kick you out. I doubt that the compensation is of market value. And if it is, what of the sentimental value? What about the principle? Individual freedom is lost.

Ultimately, it's the golden rule - whoever has the gold, makes the rule.

Individual freedom is lost ? Where ? I do whatever the hell I want to every day of the week. Stop sippin that Teabilly drink.

redrising

I'm Pretty Popular
23/4/12
Individual freedom is lost ? Where ? I do whatever the hell I want to every day of the week. Stop sippin that Teabilly drink.

I don't drink tea and I'm not white so can't be a hillbilly:hehehe: People are like sheep. They don't know it till it's coming.

Luthier

30/9/09
Aha. Until local drug pin will decide to shake "gringo"s wallet.

DoubleWristed

24/5/12
Property taxes cover things like, Roads, Public Education, Police, Fire, Sanitation Department....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

elconquistador

Certified
10/6/10
Property taxes cover things like, Roads, Public Education, Police, Fire, Sanitation Department....

It's socialsim! Now you you kids get off my lawn.

I had a debate with someone that said that their increased property taxes were proof Obama was raising taxes on the middle class.

As far as eminent domain, I have lived in 5 states and never heard anyone say it has affected them or anyone they know. All have been places worth living in, so it may not be a statistically relevant sample.

DoubleWristed

24/5/12
It's socialsim! Now you you kids get off my lawn.

I had a debate with someone that said that their increased property taxes were proof Obama was raising taxes on the middle class.

As far as eminent domain, I have lived in 5 states and never heard anyone say it has affected them or anyone they know. All have been places worth living in, so it may not be a statistically relevant sample.

Commie bastards.. lol

I have heard of a few cases of eminent domain, when the Nets were building their new arena they gave several hundred people the boot from there buildings where they needed to build. Some people took settlement's early, the people who fought and were the last to leave got a nice payout which was more than market market value.