• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Offshore Diver V7

wooky492

Put Some Respect On My Name
21/9/12
Yes it is the best version available. And only flaw that 'jumps out' is that it scarily close to gen. ;-)

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Personally I wouldnt pay for the Swiss movement, Asian is just fine.
Diver is by far the best out of the box Ap

S???R?I?????

ashley1

Known Member
27/9/07
I am looking at this myself, what are peoples thoughts on the metal bracelet with the diver, I see mostly rubber versions posted but for $80 more the bracelet addition seems decent value. Will the diver bracelet fit 42mm Roo's as well?

apfabio

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/9/14
I have already compared to a genuine

the only thing is the band, on the gen is a little bit more '' shiny ''

and of course the screws on the gen sitting perfectly (flush) to the surface.

otherwise it is one of the best Rep that I've seen!

Bentleylover

I'm Pretty Popular
13/3/15
I have already compared to a genuine

the only thing is the band, on the gen is a little bit more '' shiny ''

and of course the screws on the gen sitting perfectly (flush) to the surface.

otherwise it is one of the best Rep that I've seen!

Pls send me the link for the AP diver am keen to get a diver not sure which one
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alfajor

26/6/15
Conus
v7 is the best version, Imo only noticeable flaw is the lume color which is greener than Gen, needs a good relume job otherwise its an easy tell from a few feet away, I'm refering to the daylight color and not the glow color. Same thing with my AP 44 FC.

Mandreas

Renowned Member
9/11/14
What about the v8?

AFAIK V8 has negligible improvements if any, and it being in new production runs make it unreliable in terms of QC. Just get a V7 if you're considering it.

Rich1210

27/6/15
AFAIK V8 has negligible improvements if any, and it being in new production runs make it unreliable in terms of QC. Just get a V7 if you're considering it.

[emoji106]

HR911

Renowned Member
27/8/09
UK
Why has no one talked about the incorrect date wheel font on the V7?

im looking for a diver and I think the Noob 5.1 is still better for this as the font is accurate.

pulp fiction

12/7/15
You mean, other than the apparently undisguised/decorated ETA2824? wrong bridge(double on genuine) and wrong balancing wheel. I didn't bother examining the dial and fonts after looking at the movements first. Jf has a very well decorated 2824 available, but so far no one has been able to get the unique balancing wheel of AP right.

mbjoer

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/09
Perhaps not top of my considerations, as the case back is closed.
My watchsmith would probably know the difference between the Gen and the Rep movements anyway.
You mean, other than the apparently undisguised/decorated ETA2824? wrong bridge(double on genuine) and wrong balancing wheel. I didn't bother examining the dial and fonts after looking at the movements first. Jf has a very well decorated 2824 available, but so far no one has been able to get the unique balancing wheel of AP right.

pulp fiction

12/7/15
Yes, you're quite right, I apologize. I assumed that it was display back as is the ceramic version and most of the offshore chronographs.

Perhaps not top of my considerations, as the case back is closed.
My watchsmith would probably know the difference between the Gen and the Rep movements anyway.

Rich1210

27/6/15
1st order placed......... [emoji106]

Rich1210

27/6/15
Watch received today!

Bloody love it [emoji106]

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
The bezel screws on the gen are not always flush with bezel. They're slightly recessed so this isn't a flaw.

The date wheel font is perfectly correct. The gen diver uses two different fonts depending on its age, the H and I series gen version has the same Helvetica font as has the V7. AP changed the font during the H series run.

Getting much pickier now, the top surface of the CG should be dead flat but V7 has a slight slope down to crown, but it's only barely noticeable. Gen is low beat so the second hand has more of a tick. The inner bezel ring on the gen has more of a step between it and the dial. But as I said these are super picky details that you'd have to be closely scrutinising to notice.

But often you'll find some of the bezel markers don't align properly with the dial markers. This is because the batons on the dial are not glued on precisely in the right place, and also the inner bezel adjustment screw always moves the bezel a fraction as you screw it in so the bezel ring needs to be slightly offset in its mechanism to compensate. I spent most of yesterday afternoon sorting mine out and now it's perfectly aligned but it does mean moving the batons on the dial very carefully. They're held on with a light sticky glue rather than a hard glue so can be moved slightly.

Another thing with the V7 is sometimes the buckle tang is over sanded and doesn't fit the cutout in the buckle. It should be a seamless fit. I got lucky as mine is good.

umaxim

13/6/15
@hub6152

Thank u for sharing the knowledge. While the font on the V7 I series seems to be correct (Helv), the cyclops magnification level might be bigger in gen, as the digits look bigger to me on the gen pictures in comparison w V7/V8.
Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks again!

The bezel screws on the gen are not always flush with bezel. They're slightly recessed so this isn't a flaw.

The date wheel font is perfectly correct. The gen diver uses two different fonts depending on its age, the H and I series gen version has the same Helvetica font as has the V7. AP changed the font during the H series run.

Getting much pickier now, the top surface of the CG should be dead flat but V7 has a slight slope down to crown, but it's only barely noticeable. Gen is low beat so the second hand has more of a tick. The inner bezel ring on the gen has more of a step between it and the dial. But as I said these are super picky details that you'd have to be closely scrutinising to notice.

But often you'll find some of the bezel markers don't align properly with the dial markers. This is because the batons on the dial are not glued on precisely in the right place, and also the inner bezel adjustment screw always moves the bezel a fraction as you screw it in so the bezel ring needs to be slightly offset in its mechanism to compensate. I spent most of yesterday afternoon sorting mine out and now it's perfectly aligned but it does mean moving the batons on the dial very carefully. They're held on with a light sticky glue rather than a hard glue so can be moved slightly.

Another thing with the V7 is sometimes the buckle tang is over sanded and doesn't fit the cutout in the buckle. It should be a seamless fit. I got lucky as mine is good.