• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Remove a link from Submariner bracelet

Maresca

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/8/15
Hi guys, how can i remove a link from my noob v5?

is it needed a screwdriver like the gen rolex? if yes, can you tell me width?

thanks

deaftpunk

6/3/15
seriously man? there are thousands of tutorials on youtube and google, didn't need to make a new thread about it.

Maresca

16/8/15
seriously man? there are thousands of tutorials on youtube and google, didn't need to make a new thread about it.

thousands of tutorials showing how to do, but nobody says which screwdriver is needed

i can't go in a hardware shop saying "i need the screwdriver i saw on youtube" :)

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
Eyeglass screwdrivers will work, but they are a bit small .... If you love watches like we do, invest in a tool kit ... on Amazon or EBay really cheap .. Good luck.

Copadelrey

Known Member
22/1/15
Actually dude. If you need to be asking such a question, which in my honest opinion is really rudimentary handy work.... I think it's best you send your bracelet to a watch Smith. I mean.... It's common sense :S

kp323

Renowned Member
1/3/15
I think the 1.2mm is too small, i believe 1.4mm -1.6mm works.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
:picard2::picard:

Maresca

16/8/15
received my submariner, i bought a 1,5mm dexter screwdriver, i successfully removed one link and that's it. all other links are impossible to get removed, the screwdriver doesn't turn, and if it turn, the screw doesn't get out

do you know any solutions? i'm starting thinking this bracelet is defective

D

d4m.test

received my submariner, i bought a 1,5mm dexter screwdriver, i successfully removed one link and that's it. all other links are impossible to get removed, the screwdriver doesn't turn, and if it turn, the screw doesn't get out

do you know any solutions? i'm starting thinking this bracelet is defective

Hi, just carefully try the next screw. Normally You should remove all the bracelet with a lugbar tool (comes in the toolbox kit) and give it an oilbath.
If You don´t want to do that, screw in the crown, wrap the watch head tight in cellophane/ plastic film from the kitchen and than spray the bracelet with WD40 and pass with Johnsons Baby oil and some toothpaste under running warm water. When it´s dry try again.

Maresca

16/8/15
Hi, just carefully try the next screw. Normally You should remove all the bracelet with a lugbar tool (comes in the toolbox kit) and give it an oilbath.
If You don´t want to do that, screw in the crown, wrap the watch head tight in cellophane/ plastic film from the kitchen and than spray the bracelet with WD40 and pass with Johnsons Baby oil and some toothpaste under running warm water. When it´s dry try again.

thanks, i solved with the spray

honestly some links are just impossible to get out, but anyway i solved the problem

D

d4m.test

Congrats, that was fast, enjoy and wear it well now:)

Conquerer

27/5/15
Yup, WD40 solves the problem for me. My JF Yachtmaster gave me tons of trouble when dry, but some WD40 did the trick.

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
use some Loctite on the other screws please.... search this forum for the term Loctite for assistance if needed.

esmall

3/12/14
I had the same problem too, i kinda scratched one of the screw head and now it looks like shit!

Is there any parts online that i can purchase that would fit a noon bracelet. Or do i need to get a td to get it for me. And most of the screwheads, the lines are not centered! Thought 0f changing all the screws..