• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM Marina with water damange, anybody repair??

ron001

Looking Around
2/11/11
i have a PAM Marina that went into wash :( without the crown guard,therefore water got into the watch.

i took it to watch smith in Vancouver, he told me he could see rust etc in it. but cant repair as parts for Chinese movements are hard to get and not worth it.

so am i SOL ..or can anybody repair.

what do you guys recomm.

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
How about to introduce yourself in the first post???
Gosh... almost 2 years member, and... that???????
:picard:

flyr

Renowned Member
15/9/12
ron001 said
"i have a PAM Marina that went into wash :( without the crown guard,therefore water got into the watch."

You think it would have survived the wash cycle with the guard in place?:facepalm:
Seriously though, you need a new movement at the least.
Most likely you should treat yourself to a new watch. (what happened to the guard in the first place?)
Welcome to the forum!:D:

smokiedabong

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/8/12
If it has rust in it, put some rocks in a box, shake the watch a few minutes, go to the sales thread and post "Awesome ultra rare custom vintage project - $600 " With the money buy yourself a new watch and get some whiskey to celebrate.

Locknload

22/3/13
so am i SOL ..or can anybody repair.

what do you guys recomm.

When you decide to sell it let me know. I have been looking into starting a project and depending on your model I would be interested.

Also, I am sure you will be selling it CHEAP! :D: