• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

OMEGA Seamaster 300 SPECTRE Limited Edition

Fracture

Renowned Member
7/10/13
I think i'll stick with the normal version. Is the rep Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial any good? I haven't seen much about it on the forum.

Mediocre, has crap movement although nobody wants to admit it. It may be Japanese but if it stutters and doesn't hack then it's no good.

D

d4m.test

I think i'll stick with the normal version. Is the rep Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial any good? I haven't seen much about it on the forum.
There´s always Mr. Pap´s fantastic review: http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/...m-Lion-City?highlight=Seamaster+300m+co-axial.
The weak Myota inside stutters (as Fracture says) and the lume is beautiful but it´s the weakest one I had except on quartz-cheapies (You can´t read time at night). Other than that I love everything about it, it´s beautiful, modern meets classic in another way, it´s reliable, most of the time You don´t even see the stutter, Seiko 5´s don´t hack either and it´s a great design that goes with everything. It´s great for swimming, have used it countless times this Summer and will be keeping it.
The Spectre-edition doesn´t tickle me, why a GMT on a dive-watch (and a very little functional one at that), don´t like the big logo at 12 and the seconds hand ball even less, give me an arrow all the time:)
IMG_6221_zpsgohcritj.jpg

IMG_6197cc_zpsun1vhs1n.jpg

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
Cheers to that brotha!!! This watch is beuatiful, and with a few little tweaks from a modder, can be exceptional! Maybe the movement isn't the absolute best, but it keeps great time, and the decorations are spot on. Check it out!!! I'm in love! Now I just need a rep Omega Nato strap.

tUOhOIEl.jpg

pgOglwPl.jpg

nIe0wWSl.jpg

Ufy3c78l.jpg

kWrrmb3l.jpg

MkWP8Ipl.jpg

40qFubZl.jpg

JQtsu45l.jpg

fn4O5lHl.jpg

doncroce

Known Member
14/6/15
I'm so disappointed that there's no A2836 movement version, seriously can't stand the myiota stuttering... gives me headaches :(

replicaboy

Horology Curious
16/8/15
@Ralphy1975 : May I ask what kind of modifications you are thinking of? Planing to get myself a Seamaster 300 Master. I've noticed the inner ring on yours (the metal ring betwen the bezel and the glas) seem to be more flush with the bezel than on other reps. Have you modified that or is it just an effect of the pictures.

Cheers!

Ralphy

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
First off most trusted modders will be able to reset the bezel and ensure it is properly lined up and clicks perfectly, and if there are any other issues like the crystal or ring being off etc, they should be able to realign them too, then you can get the super lume and water proofing treatments. Once those are done, there are very few glaring tells left unless you are comparing side by side with a gen. Also, you can have the movement checked/serviced to ensure it is lubricated and running at an optimum level, this will ensure long life and fewer potential issues.

Currently I am working with a trusted modder/watchsmith that is repairing the bezel insert on my DSSD, super luming it, and modding the dial to be more gen-like. I am hopeful all goes well, if it does, I will be doing these types of mods to my Omegas to get them in perfect shape. I know the investment in reps is not as substantial than what it would be for gens, but I want my reps to be in top shape and be the best they can be. Thanks!!!

Oh and I think it is just luck of the draw on the ring being flush. I think if the TD you pick is reputable, they will try to pick a good one, and some luck too!

@Ralphy1975 : May I ask what kind of modifications you are thinking of? Planing to get myself a Seamaster 300 Master. I've noticed the inner ring on yours (the metal ring betwen the bezel and the glas) seem to be more flush with the bezel than on other reps. Have you modified that or is it just an effect of the pictures.

Cheers!

replicaboy

Horology Curious
16/8/15
Thanks for your reply! I've just ordered from a german gentleman and I'm happy to report back when I'll get mine delivered next week. I'm planning to check the watch by my local watchsmith to ensure that it can take, at least, a swim in the pool...

Stewinashoe237

Horology Curious
22/10/09
There´s always Mr. Pap´s fantastic review: http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/...m-Lion-City?highlight=Seamaster+300m+co-axial.
The weak Myota inside stutters (as Fracture says) and the lume is beautiful but it´s the weakest one I had except on quartz-cheapies (You can´t read time at night). Other than that I love everything about it, it´s beautiful, modern meets classic in another way, it´s reliable, most of the time You don´t even see the stutter, Seiko 5´s don´t hack either and it´s a great design that goes with everything. It´s great for swimming, have used it countless times this Summer and will be keeping it.
The Spectre-edition doesn´t tickle me, why a GMT on a dive-watch (and a very little functional one at that), don´t like the big logo at 12 and the seconds hand ball even less, give me an arrow all the time:)
IMG_6221_zpsgohcritj.jpg

IMG_6197cc_zpsun1vhs1n.jpg
The Miyota stutter doesn't bother me too much. My PO has it, and I don't usually notice it. Thanks for the link to the awesome review!

Capt_K

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/14
+ it's a movement on it's own not a china based asian clone so it's a good thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stewinashoe237

Horology Curious
22/10/09
Cheers to that brotha!!! This watch is beuatiful, and with a few little tweaks from a modder, can be exceptional! Maybe the movement isn't the absolute best, but it keeps great time, and the decorations are spot on. Check it out!!! I'm in love! Now I just need a rep Omega Nato strap.

Well, those pictures settle it. I have to have one! Hopefully I can get one soon so I can wear it when I go see Spectre.

Ralphy

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
I hear ya! The bracelet with the polished middle links and brushed edge links is absolutely incredible! I have a black and gray NATO strap but it's not the Omega rep strap. But even still I haven't been able to bring myself to take the bracelet off. Love how the polish reflects dark and sometimes looks black on contrast to the brushed stainless. Just so awesome!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

D

d4m.test

Old SM 300 meets new - sunset-reflexions and an overexposed lumeshot (3.2 seconds at F5,6 after hitting with a flashlight)
OM_1724_zpsagp2azrn.jpg

om_1740_zpslneqydkk.jpg

OMG%20coax_4234_zpskcqufje6.jpg

solly84

Known Member
26/8/15
could anyone find a rep for this anywhere? seems like there still nothing out there...

Umpire

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/6/12
I saw this watch at the Omega Store and it is sweet. It also comes with a nylon band with deployment clasp...

solly84

Known Member
26/8/15
Thanks for your reply! I've just ordered from a german gentleman and I'm happy to report back when I'll get mine delivered next week. I'm planning to check the watch by my local watchsmith to ensure that it can take, at least, a swim in the pool...

man, would you care to share from where did you ordered this watch, seriously looking for it :D

replicaboy

Horology Curious
16/8/15
I'm sorry to report that the guy I've ordered from sent me the 300 Master version - not the Spectre edition. Anyway, I'm quite happy with the watch. Took it to my local watchmaker to check the watch for water resistancy - the watch did fine! The guy even thought it was an original! :) Contrary to prior reports, the lume on my watch seems to be alright. No stuttering from the movement as well and it keeps decent time; +1 sec. after 24 hours. To be honest, I have no idea what version it is.V6? I'm just getting myself familiar with a replica lifestyle, so please appologize my inexperience. I'd like to wear it with the Bond Nato. Help is highly appreciated on how to change the strap without damaging the case or bracelet?

n2ogna.jpg

oku4vo.jpg

Umpire

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/6/12
An OEM Omega NATO will run you $170 at the Omega Boutique ...

D

d4m.test

Hi, You just need a lugbar tool and to check some videos on Youtube. You can get a supernice 20mm Bond NATO supreme XL strap from Miro´s time nato (just google) for EUR 15,- + shipping. Check "Zubehoer" on the same site for the lugbar tool and get some reinforced 20mm springbars as well, they are much better.

Note on the Nato strap: it is constructed in a way that if one side comes loose, the watch will still be held by the other side and does not drop (good for cycling, running etc. if the bracelet looses a screw it will just drop on the floor).

Lagunax

I'm Pretty Popular
18/4/15
CONUS
I'm sorry to report that the guy I've ordered from sent me the 300 Master version - not the Spectre edition. Anyway, I'm quite happy with the watch. Took it to my local watchmaker to check the watch for water resistancy - the watch did fine! The guy even thought it was an original! :) Contrary to prior reports, the lume on my watch seems to be alright. No stuttering from the movement as well and it keeps decent time; +1 sec. after 24 hours. To be honest, I have no idea what version it is.V6? I'm just getting myself familiar with a replica lifestyle, so please appologize my inexperience. I'd like to wear it with the Bond Nato. Help is highly appreciated on how to change the strap without damaging the case or bracelet?

znstp4.jpg

n2ogna.jpg

oku4vo.jpg

Is this true for anyone else?

Is there a new batch with markedly better lume?