• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM104 - My First!

Will78

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/7/13
Hello Paneristis!

Is it me or is buying replica a lot more fun and interesting than buying a genuine?

MY STORY - I recently bought a gen PAM380 from PANERAI Store in IFC, Hong Kong. While looking the internet for watch forums, I stumbled on the world of replicas!

Long story made short... I was hooked and took the plunge for my first rep... PAM104 from Trusty Time - Andrew.

Sorry, only iPhone photos.

Comments :

1) Good service and response time from Trusty Time - Andrew. Received the watch within 7 days of placing the order.

2) CG lever was slightly loose.

3) Watch is currently running 2-3 minutes faster every 24 hours.

Emailed Trusty Time - Andrew on item 2 & 3 above. He was quick to response and he offered a solution that I am yet to try.

Overall, I was impressed with the quality of this replica. I have to say that it exceeded my expectation (maybe because I didn't place a very high expectation).

The only drawback I think about this watch is perhaps the negative feedback I have seen about the Asian 7750 movement. I am still undecided if I should send my watch in for servicing and lube.

Having said that, I think this is the first of many replicas to come. I am happy to have found this online community and I hope I can contribute more in the days to come.

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Will78

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Hey mate, welcome to RWI.

nicks

21/5/13
Welcome to the forum, and a great buy there!!!
Post some photos of your gen PAM to?

Mako88

25/7/13
I've owned a gen 104 for a few years and just ordered a rep 104 from Sead to see how it compares on the wrist.

I suspect it's going to be fantastic, and that my gen is going to be for sale shortly...

Will78

25/7/13
Hello Pannyforme, which part of Malaysia do you hail from? I am looking for a watchsmith in Kuala Lumpur who is willing to service replicas. Any leads?

Hello, trailboss99, Jeremy, rols16610, nicks, and Mako88! Thank you for the warm welcome!

Mako88, my rep104 above is from H factory. First class rep according to ALE's guide. But I suspect that Noob factory might be a better choice.

Some pictures of my gen PAM380 - my very first gen PAM. A gift from my wife for our 2nd year Anniversary.

PAM380-a | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

PAM380-b | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

PAM380-c | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi Will
Welcome to RWI from Spain
I hope to see you again in PAM Section soon

Congrats for your watches gen and rep. They are awesome.

ALE

TastyTreats

Put Some Respect On My Name
21/5/12
Never Land
Im not a PAM friend but that is a damn nice watch.

Im kinda thinking I might switch to the dark side.

Will78

25/7/13
ALE7575, thank you for your warm welcome. Can't express enough my thanks for your awesome guide, which led me to place a new order for my 2nd PAM rep - PAM111 Noob V3 from INTIME - Ryan. It will arrive next week and I will post again, hopefully this time with nicer photography work.

TastyTreats... all I got to say is "resistance is futile".

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
Welcome to RWI! :wave:

Enjoy your new watch and others to come. The 7750 usually does not have issues unless the seconds function is moved from 9 o'clock to 6 o'clock via added transfer gears. You should be OK.

nelsonlye

Known Member
5/4/13
Hey will78 welcome and I'm from KL as well........

Sky GT-N8000 @ Tapatalk 4

Will78

25/7/13
Thank you, Fiddo. Appreciate the positive input on A7750.

Hi nelsonlye, good to hear from you. Do you know any other RWI members also from KL? Any TT meet-ups?

Roonaj

22/12/12
Will, what was trusty time's solution for number 3?

Will78

25/7/13
Hi Roonaj,

Item 3 - A7750 running 2-3 minutes faster per day.

Trusty Time suggested that I run in the watch to let the lube in the movement "settle in". I take it that he want me to continue to wear the watch daily and continue to monitor for a few weeks.

He also wanted me to manual wind 30-40 rounds and tap the watch on my palm "hard".

Done the above for 2 days and watch is still running about 2 minutes faster per day.

Will continue to try for another week or so.

PecMan

4/5/09
i tried the gen pam 104 a while ago , i felt in love with it , i ordered from hont, i ordered one that was over 400 dollars changed the cg relume and ar
and i like it better than the gen one

If you see Kay

26/1/09
how about moving the regulator pin all the way. You could conceivable get 2 minutes difference that way.

Roonaj

22/12/12
I have the 104 rep also and mine was also running fast so I took to a watch smith and he did some adjustment to it. Also it would stop overnight despite being fully wound and worn all day. The watchsmith changed some parts and seems to work fine now