• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AliExpress experiments - Non-watch products

dutchwatch

1/7/12
Anybody know a store for some quality women scarves without large brandnames? Looking for something nice for my girlfriend.

And I am looking for a genuine leather men's bag. Looking for a bag to take to work with place for a laptop and some small groceries. Need to be able to take it with me on my bike. Something not to feminene if you know what I mean. Also not looking for something with a large brand/logo's on it. Any tips?

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
Anybody know a store for some quality women scarves without large brandnames? Looking for something nice for my girlfriend.

And I am looking for a genuine leather men's bag. Looking for a bag to take to work with place for a laptop and some small groceries. Need to be able to take it with me on my bike. Something not to feminene if you know what I mean. Also not looking for something with a large brand/logo's on it. Any tips?

WBK here on the forums sells fantastic quality Burberry cashmere scarves at the holiday season. They are really good quality, and they are so soft that it really does feel like my genuine cashmere scarves. He sells every color and they are only something like $20. I stocked up a couple of years ago and gave some as gifts.

That won't help you if you are looking for silks with patterns, however. :whistling: You might want to reach out to Lucy and ask if she can assist you. She may be able to act as a personal shopper for you in the markets. Guaranteed there are going to be tons of vendors in the markets selling silk items of every kind. If you contact her and explain what you are looking for, and even find a pic that is representative of a pattern you want, she might be able to help you find something good. Another member here worked with her to find his wife a hand bag and she really hit the ball out of the park with it. She went back and forth to the market and made sure to find exactly the right item and the best quality piece. She will get my business any day of the week after hearing about that.

minty007

WABAC Machine Escapee
Supporter
Certified
13/5/08
Colorado, USA
WBK here on the forums sells fantastic quality Burberry cashmere scarves at the holiday season. They are really good quality, and they are so soft that it really does feel like my genuine cashmere scarves. He sells every color and they are only something like $20. I stocked up a couple of years ago and gave some as gifts.

+1 on the quality of Stan's (WBK) scarves. I picked up a stack of them around Christmas time and have been very happy with them.

Alcander

19/6/13
No, simply register with mail and pass.
Don't need referral.
Maybe you have already registered and don't remember?

Enviado desde mi SM-N9005 mediante Tapatalk

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
+1 on the quality of Stan's (WBK) scarves. I picked up a stack of them around Christmas time and have been very happy with them.

Plus Stan is such a good seller, too. Really nice guy. I tell you, if he had access to the complete stock of inventory that the other TDs do, without question he would be the go to guy for all of us CONUS. It would be a no brainer.

dutchwatch

1/7/12
Thanks for the replies guys, will ask my gf what she exactly is looking for and contact the sellers mentioned.

jonchar

Known Member
11/12/13
Ok, my ties from AE's sister site, taobao.com has arrived yesterday.

Please see the pictures and give me your comments. Personally, I feel that the LV ties can be improved. The size of the logo behind the tie are different thickness although no one will flip over and see. The Hermes ones are more premium feel and very silky soft to the touch.

They are RMB58 each, around US$8.30 each. Need a fowarder to ship to your country though. All in, I paid around US$10 each inc shipping.

Here goes.

69q74l.jpg

x1k6jc.jpg

2i91bwl.jpg

2ls7knb.jpg

1z6b6hk.jpg

fd7lzc.jpg

k21rnb.jpg

2eun69u.jpg

10e28p3.jpg

ProFound

17/8/14
Ok, my ties from AE's sister site, taobao.com has arrived yesterday.

Please see the pictures and give me your comments. Personally, I feel that the LV ties can be improved. The size of the logo behind the tie are different thickness although no one will flip over and see. The Hermes ones are more premium feel and very silky soft to the touch.

They are RMB58 each, around US$8.30 each. Need a fowarder to ship to your country though. All in, I paid around US$10 each inc shipping.

Here goes.

69q74l.jpg

x1k6jc.jpg

2i91bwl.jpg

2ls7knb.jpg

1z6b6hk.jpg

fd7lzc.jpg

k21rnb.jpg

2eun69u.jpg

10e28p3.jpg

Can you maybe create a TaoBao thread and post the process and tips on finding stuff? I'm really interested in ordering off of TaoBao but it's kind of confusing to figure out how to do it.

jonchar

Known Member
11/12/13
Am afraid I am also not an expert in taobao as well. This is only my 2nd foray into it. But if you think AE is cheap, taobao is even cheaper even with all shipping charges in. I know there are people in my country that uses sea shipping to ship in furniture like bed frames, mattresses, dining tables, sofas etc and believe me, they are still at least 50% cheaper than it will cost in the local retail shops.

Taobao has always been very intimidating for me with all the Chinese words actually. But they actually work the same way as AE, in the sense they are not really allowed to post the actual brand if they are selling replicas. Ie at AE, to search for Prada, you key in Pra or something along the line. Same principles applies for taobao, instead of Hermes, you key in "H brand" or "H?" (? actually means family in Chinese) and the whole load of things will appear.

ie For illustration, this is what i see after i search for H? http://world.taobao.com/search/sear...p_cb&cna=o79SDqjmEWACAct90PLJ3Epf&abtest=null I also make use of translator to translate chinese words so i understand what they are saying.

For the procedure to purchase from taobao for me, actually it is quite simple. Not too sure if it works the same to ship to Europe or US. But I can share the steps I took below.

1. Look for a taobao agent (forwarder) that ships to your country and create an account with them. In my case, i use https://www.65daigou.com/ to ship to Singapore.

2. Paste the url of the exact product you want to buy and the same page will appear within the agent's page. Click buy and it will be added to your cart.

3. At the end, they will calculate the total amount of the products you are buying and you pay the total purchase amount via credit card, bank transfer etc.

4. Once all the products are delivered to their own warehouse in China, they will send you an email and calculate the amount of shipping charges to ship everything to your country. Pay the shipping charges and they will ship over.

5. Once they reach your country, they will send you another email to inform you and you can pay them to ship it direct to your doorstep or collect it from various points across free.

Hazza

I'm Pretty Popular
28/7/15
In the COURTHOUSE!!
Am afraid I am also not an expert in taobao as well. This is only my 2nd foray into it. But if you think AE is cheap, taobao is even cheaper even with all shipping charges in. I know there are people in my country that uses sea shipping to ship in furniture like bed frames, mattresses, dining tables, sofas etc and believe me, they are still at least 50% cheaper than it will cost in the local retail shops.

Taobao has always been very intimidating for me with all the Chinese words actually. But they actually work the same way as AE, in the sense they are not really allowed to post the actual brand if they are selling replicas. Ie at AE, to search for Prada, you key in Pra or something along the line. Same principles applies for taobao, instead of Hermes, you key in "H brand" or "H?" (? actually means family in Chinese) and the whole load of things will appear.

ie For illustration, this is what i see after i search for H? http://world.taobao.com/search/sear...p_cb&cna=o79SDqjmEWACAct90PLJ3Epf&abtest=null I also make use of translator to translate chinese words so i understand what they are saying.

For the procedure to purchase from taobao for me, actually it is quite simple. Not too sure if it works the same to ship to Europe or US. But I can share the steps I took below.

1. Look for a taobao agent (forwarder) that ships to your country and create an account with them. In my case, i use https://www.65daigou.com/ to ship to Singapore.

2. Paste the url of the exact product you want to buy and the same page will appear within the agent's page. Click buy and it will be added to your cart.

3. At the end, they will calculate the total amount of the products you are buying and you pay the total purchase amount via credit card, bank transfer etc.

4. Once all the products are delivered to their own warehouse in China, they will send you an email and calculate the amount of shipping charges to ship everything to your country. Pay the shipping charges and they will ship over.

5. Once they reach your country, they will send you another email to inform you and you can pay them to ship it direct to your doorstep or collect it from various points across free.

Thanks for this, forwarders will be easier than using Ali WangWang for sure!

jonchar

Known Member
11/12/13
And do click on each of those pictures, there are more ties in each of them for selection.

Suncoast

29/6/12
For TaoBao I've used Taobaonow.com which is now spreenow.com I've had pretty good luck in the past picking up straight irons for my wife and daughters. It's a little more involved signing up and searching but the prices are better for sure, but you don't get the guarantee that you do on Ali.....