• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Roo strap change.

tami

Known Member
27/9/14
The first screws you have to unlose clicks on my watch. What is the problem?

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
The post and comments are helpful, thanks. Didn't Chris also do a video and tutorial on strapchanging months ago? Everybody seems to have a different approach and I find the differences helpful as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TimeDelux

Renowned Member
10/5/14
No need to take the lugs completely off the watch.

When I change my straps I just take the screws out that are holding the strap and put the new one on.

Works fine for me. It makes it even more annoying if I have to take the lugs off too!

+1 no need to change it all. Takes 5 min. I do this a lot with my ap roos

repigator

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
28/7/15
I am having a HUGE problem removing the screws that's on the strap. The screws on the case is easy but the screws on strap is a pain. I can feel that both ends are no longer threaded to each other but the screws seem a little short and wouldn't pertrude out of the strap enough for me to pull one end out. Both ends are still recessed inside the strap. I don't know what else to do! My first AP diver didn't have this issue. Any advise anyone?

ronald1980

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/3/14
I am having a HUGE problem removing the screws that's on the strap. The screws on the case is easy but the screws on strap is a pain. I can feel that both ends are no longer threaded to each other but the screws seem a little short and wouldn't pertrude out of the strap enough for me to pull one end out. Both ends are still recessed inside the strap. I don't know what else to do! My first AP diver didn't have this issue. Any advise anyone?

Try to work out which side of the strap is the bar and which is the cap. The side with the bar gently unscrew and sometimes that motion will somehow push the cap side out just enough to get tweezers to pull out. Once out you can push the bar side out. When you have both bar and cap make sure they screw and tighten into each other before mounting the strap again. I've had many bar and cap sets that had to be swopped around as the thread doesn't grip

repigator

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
28/7/15
Hi,

Ive tried your method but the screws still refuse to petrude out. I'm going crazy and on the verge of cutting up my strap to expose the screws in order to investigate why this is happening!

Try to work out which side of the strap is the bar and which is the cap. The side with the bar gently unscrew and sometimes that motion will somehow push the cap side out just enough to get tweezers to pull out. Once out you can push the bar side out. When you have both bar and cap make sure they screw and tighten into each other before mounting the strap again. I've had many bar and cap sets that had to be swopped around as the thread doesn't grip

aflop

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/5/13
Hi,

Ive tried your method but the screws still refuse to petrude out. I'm going crazy and on the verge of cutting up my strap to expose the screws in order to investigate why this is happening!

Cutting wouldn't help because the screw is stuck in the insert! A lot of patience and a very sharp pair of scissor tweezers will help!

theREALgoat

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
14/8/14
Thanks for this tutorial. Wasn't sure how to change the straps off before this.

repigator

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
28/7/15
Ok. I'll try to hunt down a sharp scissor tweezer.

Cutting wouldn't help because the screw is stuck in the insert! A lot of patience and a very sharp pair of scissor tweezers will help!

cheeky

Renowned Member
16/8/15
Lovely watch and strap combo, this is similar to what I want to purchase...... Is your AP the noob or JF? Does Donerix have a website for his straps or how can I contact him please? thanks in advance

tami

Known Member
27/9/14
My screws on the logs all 4 just clicks when I try to screw them out?
anyone now why and what to do?

tami

Known Member
27/9/14
Its the 4 screws in the head they just click.
Cant pull them becuase they are flat with the head.

MADRED7

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/11
Thats bad ... sounds like all 4 screws are stripped due to minor steel quality.

You might try to unscrew the strap (not the plots) by using 2 screw Drivers, one to hold and one to unscrew the other side. After that you can try to unscrew the heads-screws by pushing the plot down to the case to give the threads a Chance to grip.
Only other way is to glue or solder a screw-Driver to the screws to screw/pull them out.

Dr. Theo

jooccqq

Horology Curious
14/3/16
Very informative and well explained tutorial.Thanks for sharing it

kevinmf

Known Member
11/3/15
very useful .. and perfect timing .. just got a Safari and just about to order a strap from Donerix ..