• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM448 replica comparison by ZF and SF

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Completely unreadable without help from some chinese speaking member, anyway here are some of the pics:

ZF on light brown strap, SF on dark brown

timg

SF

timg

ZF

timg

SF

timg

ZF

timg

ZF

timg

SF

timg

SF

timg

ZF

timg

ZF

timg

SF

timg

ZF

timg

ZF

timg

SF

timg

Right ZF, left SF

timg

:)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Thanks kilo
Really useful
I think the maker names are inverted in last pic
Right ZF left SF
aren't they?

ALE

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Thanks kilo
Really useful
I think the maker names are inverted in last pic
Right ZF left SF
aren't they?

ALE

Correct, and there's a pic not showing...
Fixing it now :)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
OK thanks kilo
Good job
ALE

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Back OT.
First of all I'm sorry I couldn't post the pics in original size, they're much bigger on the original chinese forum they're posted in.

A few differences I noticed:

- Case shape very similar, but ZF has too sharp corners on the case, SF look more squareish (better).
pic of a gen:
panerai_pam_448_radiomir_california_dial_3_day_special_edition_47_mm_7_lgw.jpg

Case shape viewed from the front is very good in both versions.

- Crown tube is longer on SF and crown shorter. Vice versa tube is shorter and crown longer in ZF.
SF crown is better, tube is worse. ZF tube is more gen like and crown is worse :)

- Crystal is taller and with sharper edge on ZF version. I think SF plexi shape is closer to gen.

- Dial texture is more grainy on SF, flatter on ZF. Slight difference anyway.

- Lume application is much better in SF imho, indices are better filled and very slightly recessed (not flush nor too much recessed). ZF are too recessed and lume application looks rough at higher magnifications. Even though lume color looks darker in ZF pics I posted, in other pics the lume color is more similar, I think color is different in the two pics only because of different light.

- Engravings between the lugs are more clean and defined in SF.

- There are differences in movement decoration as well:

SF

4bddeb7f9e2f0708795732afea24b899a801f2df.jpg

ZF

f5197f1bb051f819c2031be5d9b44aed2e73e703.jpg

The most noticeable difference to me is the lack of the polished beveled edge on the bridges on ZF movement. I thought this was supposed to be a more recent release, but maybe there's something I'm missing. This detail alone gives the SF movement a great advantage imho. Also the brushed finish looks more defined in SF and the engravings are crisper and more defined as well.

IN CONCLUSION

I think both versions have advantages and disadvantages, both are well made reps and at the current price are more than worth buying, but SF is still the winner.
More attention to detail is always better and results in an overall nicer look of the watch.