• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What Rolex are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave2889

Renowned Member
7/10/14
59624843d0cc422322eca377e2ec650f.jpg

TC V6 sub on NATO strap. Only received the NATO yday but I love the combination with the sub!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABfarm

27/5/15
Hi guys, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this. But since my wife was wearing a gen rolex dj when I took the picture so here we go:
My wife is a bag connoissuer. She has dozens... literally dozens of high end ladies bags... LV, Bally, Feragamo, Tods, etc... all gens. And she always watches these videos on youtube about how to spot a fake bag. She can tell just from looking at a distance: it's real... it's fake...
Lately, she'd been eyeing a Chanel Boy Bag. She really liked the design, but wasn't quite sure about the size. I mean, for a bag that costs $4/5000, it's rather small & impractical. You know how ladies like to stuff so many things in their bags.
Anyways, she's rather uninterested when I told her I could get that bag for a fraction of the gen price.
So, I contacted Lucy (our TD: Truetime) and asked her about this bag. I gotta tell you, I don't have any clue about ladies bags and I was actually rather skeptical that anybody could get a rep bag that would pass the test of my wife's eagle eyes.
Long story short, Lucy found the bag and I received it today.... and my wife just absolutely loves it! It's soooo beautiful & gen-like, can't tell that it's a rep. It really blew her mind away! And changed her whole perspective on rep stuffs. I don't know how to explain it better, the material... the workmanship... the smell... how it feels when you touch it... Everything is absolutely perfect!

I gotta tell you guys, our wives/ partners put up a lot with our hobby (and spending haha), so it's really nice to be able to give something back to them in return. And the best thing is.... I'm gonna collect a big thank you from her tonite if you know what I mean :kiss:..... I better stop typing & get my rewards...... yeee haaaa!!!!
IMG_20150805_221801_zpsgmopekrn.jpg

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Lucy is awesome and really probably a great person to have a woman pick out a bag for a woman as I'm sure a lot of the guys over there that sell the watches wouldn't know good from bad in regards to womens bags.

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
@ABfarm - I like the lines in that pic... the bag is nice, too. :whistling: LOL

But seriously, that is fantastic. How much did you pay for it, if I may ask? My wife would never wear a rep watch in a million years, but I'm thinking that a franken with gen parts that I build myself (or with help) would be acceptable. When it comes to bags, if I could have someone like Lucy on my side to source something as great quality as this, she'd be up for it. The thing is she isn't a brand fanatic, and actually prefers things that we get together when traveling overseas. For instance, we got an amazing leather overnight bag at the leather market in Florence, Italy. We paid 100 Euros for it and it is beautiful. My biggest regret was not buying two of them on the spot. Stuff like that, with no branding, but outstanding quality and with a story and memories behind it is priceless. But there's a place for everything, and a nice hand bag such as the one you bought your wife would also be appreciated! :)

DaanS

5/5/15
Hi guys, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this. But since my wife was wearing a gen rolex dj when I took the picture so here we go:
My wife is a bag connoissuer. She has dozens... literally dozens of high end ladies bags... LV, Bally, Feragamo, Tods, etc... all gens. And she always watches these videos on youtube about how to spot a fake bag. She can tell just from looking at a distance: it's real... it's fake...
Lately, she'd been eyeing a Chanel Boy Bag. She really liked the design, but wasn't quite sure about the size. I mean, for a bag that costs $4/5000, it's rather small & impractical. You know how ladies like to stuff so many things in their bags.
Anyways, she's rather uninterested when I told her I could get that bag for a fraction of the gen price.
So, I contacted Lucy (our TD: Truetime) and asked her about this bag. I gotta tell you, I don't have any clue about ladies bags and I was actually rather skeptical that anybody could get a rep bag that would pass the test of my wife's eagle eyes.
Long story short, Lucy found the bag and I received it today.... and my wife just absolutely loves it! It's soooo beautiful & gen-like, can't tell that it's a rep. It really blew her mind away! And changed her whole perspective on rep stuffs. I don't know how to explain it better, the material... the workmanship... the smell... how it feels when you touch it... Everything is absolutely perfect!

I gotta tell you guys, our wives/ partners put up a lot with our hobby (and spending haha), so it's really nice to be able to give something back to them in return. And the best thing is.... I'm gonna collect a big thank you from her tonite if you know what I mean :kiss:..... I better stop typing & get my rewards...... yeee haaaa!!!!
IMG_20150805_221801_zpsgmopekrn.jpg

Saw that bag in Antwerp last week!

bab1d77df7c91bec67bea4f7758777da.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

joes

I'm Pretty Popular
2/1/15
^^^^WTF? For second there I thought I was in the wrong section. At least she's wearing a DJ!!!

JoeyT

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/14
What did you have done, mate?

ACL, Medial meniscus and MCL reconstruction using a patella graft. AKA really painful, 6 weeks non weight bearing. Wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy my friend

Status
Not open for further replies.