• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Should AliExpress Shopping have it's own sub forum?

ProFound

17/8/14
The AliExpress thread is blowing up, and this means there's been a lot of interest for members of this board to shop on there. AliExpress is not a 'trusted dealer', but that's not stopping members from taking chances on sellers and making purchases.

That being said, there are valuable tips and posts that currently get lost in the thread that some newbie shoppers or even seasoned shoppers might miss that they could benefit from. Tips that could prevent them from getting ripped off, make bad purchases, etc.

Having its own sub-forum would allow us to sticky important posts as their own threads to give members a better chance of finding it and protect their purchases.

The downside to this is that the sub would take attention away from trusted dealers who have been supporting our community with quality products for years.

Ultimately it's up to the mods, but I thought it might be a good idea to feel out the interest for a sub forum.

Please comment below!

its should be in the title, not it's* damn...

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
No, simplz. *

* The above is final and no correspondence shall be entered into.

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
I don't quite see why Aliexpress gets all this free advertising at the expense of the TDs. Putting it into a subforum would negate this and level the playing field. So I vote yes please, get it off the main forum.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
AE is not a trusted dealer. Maybe you should start up your own forum just for them. I'm sure it would be a huge success!!!
nea.gif

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
No, AE can be confusing and deceptive, especially for new members. Stick to the TDs for watches...it's safer. As far as all the other stuff they have, nobody really needs any of it. :)

RWG.bz has an AE subforum....for those interested.

gmg_3

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/14
Mods are looking out for us. There is a thread where ppl review and post pics. Nothing else needed.

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
No separate forum. AE is not a td and is a breakaway "dealer". Ymmv with AE. They do not deserve a separate forum much like eBay or Amazon. Members can decide for themselves.

ProFound

17/8/14
I know this site is predominantly about replica watches, but many are discussing all things replica here besides only watches. We have supported vendors which sell a lot more than just watches. The fact of the matter is, members are and will continue to buy off aliexpress. And although it's not endorsed that they do so, some members would like a medium of which they can discuss purchases, products on the site and more. We already have that with the AE thread(s), and it's definitely the best thread of it's kind on the net (the reddit discussions tend to be focused on sneakers and hip hop wear), but the quality of discussion could benefit from having a more orderly structure. This is a discussion forum after all, not just a mall for the TD's right?

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
RWI is about watches and the associated hobby. Yes, some TDs do sell stuff other than watches. However, they are here because of their reliability in the area of watches.
Yes, AE sells watches...lots of them. However, you really have no idea as to the quality, accuracy etc. It's mostly a gamble. I'm really not sure what I'll get. Possibly steering a new/inexperienced member towards AE for a watch is not what RWI is about and it's not good advice for that new/inexperienced member.
With one of our TDs, I know what I'll get; they are vetted and trusted.
AE sells everything. I don't think RWI is the place to discuss all that stuff. Perhaps an organized venue to discuss AE stuff would be beneficial. [MENTION=17247]Q5?[/MENTION] had a suggestion. Perhaps you are the one to make that happen?

I'm thinking in depth analysis and discussion of the monster that is AE is really something for another venue/forum.

ProFound

17/8/14
There are vendors on this very forum that do not sell watches at all, but replica designer merchandise. Endorsed vendors at that. So RWI is not strictly about watches.

Q5 said it with an eye roll so I doubt that was a serious suggestion.

I'm ok with not having a sub-forum. This is merely a discussion. Trailboss was clear so it's not going to happen, but if the sole purpose of the TD vendor section is to help people not get ripped off through shady dealers, an informative section for AE would help people not get ripped off on AE.

I know we should do whatever we can to support the trusted dealers, and don't get me wrong, I love the TD's and have made many purchases through them and will always steer a new member towards the TD's before recommending AliExpress, but AE offers a lot more choice of replica merchandise and I thought members could stand to benefit from constructive discussion on using the site.

The popularity of the AE thread shows that many members on this board are the type of members that would shop on AE. Is it a bad thing to facilitate this member activity? Especially when a great deal of members have scored some good finds on AE and are keen to share their experience?

ProFound

17/8/14
Admin said no so NO. Lock the thread.

You're drunk Jim. Knock knock? (who's there?), double middle fingers....

jk.. love TPB

I was gonna let this thread die. It just got bumped back into discussion today.

JimLahey

Renowned Member
11/6/15
You're drunk Jim. Knock knock? (who's there?), double middle fingers....

jk.. love TPB

I was gonna let this thread die. It just got bumped back into discussion today.

YES! A TPB fan! You idiots have loaded up a hair trigger double barrel shit machine gun and the barrel's pointed straight at your own heads.

nurg12

Known Member
3/5/15
No, AE can be confusing and deceptive, especially for new members. Stick to the TDs for watches...it's safer. As far as all the other stuff they have, nobody really needs any of it. :)

RWG.bz has an AE subforum....for those interested.

No one is arguing that you get better stuff from TDs. Aliexpress if for cheap chinese shit when you don't care about blowing $20 for fun.

AE is confusing? LOL. What's confusing about finding what you want and putting in your credit card number/paypal and having it delivered to your door? Are we forgetting that a lot of TDs don't even take paypal/credit card?

ProFound

17/8/14
Confusing is attempting to pay with WU online and getting denied because of fraud alerts, and having to find a WU location and fill out forms to make a few hundred dollar payment because some asshole buyers ruined paypal for certain TD's.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
AE is not a dealer, AE is China eBay, 10s of 1000s of dealers over whom we have no control so RWI will not be seen to be (apparently) endorsing a plethora of unknown dealers.

If you want stuff other than watches there are other companies we can talk to over whom we can exert control. That I would consider.