• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UK elections 2015...

Capt. Obvious

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/5/13
... only 42 seats to a Tori majority (at the time of writing).

Will they make it?

mattapp

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/7/12
I think they will. I certainly predicted it to be closer than it currently is.

gtanak

I'm Pretty Popular
24/5/10
From PM candidate to resignation... Wow. Talk about plunging from grace

Venceremos

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/3/15
The silver lining here should be a rejuvenated Labour Party in the coming years. In a sense though this is the best result that Sturgeon could have wished for, she can now tell the Scottish people that they have voted in overwhelming numbers for the progressive option, and not just ended up with a Tory government, but a Tory majority who will be even worse than the last 5 years. The wheels are in motion for an EU referendum, and I believe another independence referendum which this time will be voted through. The losers here are the working people of England who have nothing or no one to shield them from the Tories.

I actually think Milliband would have made a good PM. No he wasn't the most camera friendly and didn't produce the soundbites that Cameron or a 2010 Clegg did but I think there was substance and compassion in his words, and think it's a shame he's gone. Ed Balls was a poor choice as his running mate, and Jim Murphy in Scotland was a car crash but his policies weren't bad on a lot of things, he just pandered to the right too much. Labour needs to remove the 'New Labour' blood from the party and start again. They should win the next election because a Tory majority will cause all sorts of problems in England.

The EUref is what worries me, there are a lot of closet xenophobes in middle England and if they vote out in numbers I think the UK will go. To me though today is the end of the Union. Scotland have voted progressively, English Nationalism is on the rise (the ukip vote proves that), we are pulling in different directions and both countries are ready for life as neighbours rather than housemates. I reckon we'll be independent or heading towards it by 2025

gtanak

I'm Pretty Popular
24/5/10
We just witnessed the birth of Braveheart... Attributed by Cameron political strategy

Phil G

29/9/10
Stevenage, Hertfortshire, England
Ukip_zpsqfxmbdql.jpg

Capt. Obvious

5/5/13
[MENTION=98600]Venceremos[/MENTION]

You make some very good points, which I agree with, but it ain't gonna be easy for labour to wash 10 years of Blair off their hands!

What both Clegg and Milli got, was simply what was coming to them tbh.

nute

Horology Curious
7/5/13
Thank god Balls has gone, made my day. I think Labour could have been electable under David Milli, and possibly under Ed Milli but never, ever in a million years with Balls as part of the mix. He has to much of the Brown baggage with him and has never shown any genuine remorse for the balls up the pair of them made of things. Rant over....