• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Canadian watch repair person wanted

daytripper445

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/7/13
Looking for Canadian watch repair willing to work on my rep sub.
I have a sub no date Asian 2836 movement. The watch just stopped working. I'm looking for someone in Canada that I can sent it to for service as I am in Canada myself.

BTW, I don't know if this was the appropriate place to ask, if not, I would appreciate the mods moving my thread to where I should have posted it.

Thanks!

Suncoast

29/6/12
Where in the country are you? Usually it's easier to just take it into a repair shop, as long as they aren't a dealer most shops don't mind working on reps.

Whozat

19/10/14
Are you West coast, East or Central? I've got a guy here in Greater Vancouver (Delta actualy) that has helped me out. Perhaps I can ask him if he's interested in taking on more work. PM me if you want.

washburn

Horology Curious
23/3/13
If anyone has any recommendations for rep repair in the Toronto area, please let me know. I have a PO 8500 that needs crown work.

Thank you.

ernien

Renowned Member
23/9/12
Ontario, Canada
Although I haven't tried these places myself, I've read they're rep friendly. It's a starting point for ya!

-Canadian Watch Imports
392 Spadina Ave. Toronto

-Y Phung Watch Repair
3089 Bathurst St. #211, Toronto

-Victor's Jewellery & Watches
1550 South Gateway, Mississauga

cavacia

Horology Curious
30/11/12
Nice!! Mississauga right around the corner.
Thanks I wil check them out on Monday.

rankiba

Renowned Member
26/4/13
so, how's the progression? have anyone tried any canadian watch repair person?

Goodwood

Known Member
30/1/11
We use to have the best in Ziggy on the east coast until he retired from working on reps.

Goodwood

cavacia

Horology Curious
30/11/12
I'll be seeing Victor Watches on the weekend and will let the thread know how it goes. I had a quick conversation and sounds good to go. We will see.

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
that guy Victor used to be a trusted watch smith here but after numerous complaints was turfed. i had my own experience with him where it was shoddy work, very sloppy. others had brilliant things to say about him but really it was very hit and miss.

brandan_20

19/10/11
I used him a couple times. First time was great, the second I had to send the watch back twice. When I got it back the third time it still wasn't right. I cut my losses and didn't bother sending it again. He's actually a nice guy to talk to and did try to make it right. I just think a 7750 movement was a bit too much for him. It was also a non standard modified movement so I can't fully blame him. He was great on non-chrono movements. Worth giving him a shot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cyberwarhol

Renowned Member
28/7/13
I used to have a good watch guy in the northern end of GTA. He stopped working on reps after a few not so pleasant experiences.
He is great on my gens though!!

Sent from my[emoji336]using Tapatalk [emoji355]

cavacia

Horology Curious
30/11/12
Update:

Took my PAM (don't know the number but was told its a fantasy watch) to get fixed at Victor's Jewellery & Watches. Wife accidentally put it through the wash and dryer:( Crystal was broken and movement had stopped. He fixed both and I am enjoying this watch again.

I also went to Canadian Watch Imports and had 2 watches fixed with no issues.

Overall both were quite knowledgeable and gave some good tips on the watches. I'd recommend both to anyone who needs a hand.

infamous18

I'm Pretty Popular
11/12/13
Have also been to Canadian Watch Imports and had positive results. Although they typically don't like to discuss repairing reps if you lead in with mentioning the movement and issues being experienced followed by the make/model there's a good chance of obtaining service if you can't physically go to the repair center. You can do some research here: http://www.canadianwatchimports.com/

rankiba

Renowned Member
26/4/13
Have also been to Canadian Watch Imports and had positive results. Although they typically don't like to discuss repairing reps if you lead in with mentioning the movement and issues being experienced followed by the make/model there's a good chance of obtaining service if you can't physically go to the repair center. You can do some research here: http://www.canadianwatchimports.com/
so CWI is ok with rep?

infamous18

I'm Pretty Popular
11/12/13
so CWI is ok with rep?
Yes, as mentioned, state your issues first, then mention the make/model. This only applies if you are calling. Otherwise you can show your piece in person and get a rough estimate until it's examined by one of the watchsmith's.

rankiba

Renowned Member
26/4/13
Yes, as mentioned, state your issues first, then mention the make/model. This only applies if you are calling. Otherwise you can show your piece in person and get a rough estimate until it's examined by one of the watchsmith's.
that's great! my nearest watch repair centre lol, do they do things like relume, changing crystals, ar coating etc?