• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2014 TC's Rolex Submariner 16610LV

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
how close is the tc lv green to gen its too hard to tell,well i found a gen lv insert cheapish :) but tc insert still loooks great .

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Go with TC insert its so close NO One can tell!!!! Look back a few pages+ and you will see comparisons!!!!

Turbo350z

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/13
Go with TC insert its so close NO One can tell!!!! Look back a few pages+ and you will see comparisons!!!!

+1. Insert is GOOD!! But... Nothing beats gen ;)
If you get a good deal it's worth it. But 400$? No way.

Kyrasym

Renowned Member
17/8/13
Has anyone managed to contact TC lately? I haven't gotten any replies from him ever since I sent back my watch to him for repair. I received my long awaited TC LV 2014 only to find that there was a defect on the insert. The insert was jutting out and I was unable to push it in. And because I did not want to screw it up, I emailed TC about it and he told me to send it back to him. The last I heard from him was 6th March 2015. I am not hurrying him with the repair but just wanted to know if he has received my watch to get it fixed.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Well you should have sent it with tracking and signature confirmation but 99.9% chance he got it and its either being repaired or waiting in line to be repaired I don't think any of us really know how busy this man is and though I have been critical of his crowns I just go genuine and move on. There are a lot of guys that can fix a TC watch in a flash with genuine parts.

Kyrasym

Renowned Member
17/8/13
Well you should have sent it with tracking and signature confirmation but 99.9% chance he got it and its either being repaired or waiting in line to be repaired I don't think any of us really know how busy this man is and though I have been critical of his crowns I just go genuine and move on. There are a lot of guys that can fix a TC watch in a flash with genuine parts.
Just as I wrote that yesterday. I reached home from work and there it was sitting on my table. Lol!

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Just as I wrote that yesterday. I reached home from work and there it was sitting on my table. Lol!

Your lucky I think that's very fast service when you count shipping at both ends. But then we all know TC can put in a new insert faster then we can turn the bezel 360 degrees

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
how close is the tc lv green to gen its too hard to tell,well i found a gen lv insert cheapish :) but tc insert still loooks great .

It is very good however it cost $85. If you can score in the $150-$175 Range it may be worth the upgrade. Putyour money on the Gen Xtal and ST Retainer.

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
The TC insert seems to be pretty fragile. I've got a good scratch on it already... when I looked at it with a magnifying glass, I could see light scratches from cleaning it with a cloth (or turning the insert). This is all in just about a week or so of wearing. I wonder if the paint needs another 30-60 days to cure.

It's a damn fine insert! Just take care of it and keep things off of it....

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
the kh tc lv dial is flawless in font layout spacing etc etc but not period correct for the tc case ,the dial layout is for a 2010 model with rehaut engravings,but no body will notice apart from me lol so i think your good unless u need period correct

B&E355

9/2/15
It's period correct, the genuine LV's come with the 'Maxi dial' markers, from the Ceramic-era Submariners.

Gen fonts are also numerous.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
It's period correct, the genuine LV's come with the 'Maxi dial' markers, from the Ceramic-era Submariners.

Gen fonts are also numerous.

no the layout is wrong sorry please look at all the dials ive studied evrry dial of every lv ever made in real detail im not getting into an argumnet with u im calm dude these days:)

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
find me a 16610 lv without rehaut engravings with this exat dial layout the tc dial is using ,you cant because the dial that would be period correct for a sterile case has one tiny diffe offially certified has a massive gap,tc dial is the second from newest layout 2010

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
Man dial print spacing!! You guys are incredible... I wish I had that sort of attention to detail. I could stare at two different dials side by side and not notice such a thing. :sFun_mischieviousbi

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Man dial print spacing!! You guys are incredible... I wish I had that sort of attention to detail. I could stare at two different dials side by side and not notice such a thing. :sFun_mischieviousbi

lol its true i really put in alot of hours studying evry detail of the 1660 lv and 16610 dials aswell as all the 116610 dials im a freak

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
The TC insert seems to be pretty fragile. I've got a good scratch on it already... when I looked at it with a magnifying glass, I could see light scratches from cleaning it with a cloth (or turning the insert). This is all in just about a week or so of wearing. I wonder if the paint needs another 30-60 days to cure.

I thought it was supposedly not painted but anodized. Anodized shouldn't scratch that easily.