• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2014 TC's Rolex Submariner 16610LV

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Joe - Is your question implying that if you pay above list price, you can your watch sooner? Sorry if I am misreading you, but I've thought about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought u were trying to say what are these new tc lvs going for.and u have one to sell? If its in good nick sell for a bit less than tc is asking as its used simple really

JoeyT

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/14
So I know the rule around here is never to sell a watch for more than you paid for it and I have followed that rule but I'm curious about these TC LV's. Seems to me some people are buying these to keep and flip for a profit when TC runs out of the inserts. Now I have nothing against investing for a profit but does that follow the guidelines of this forum? I am in the market for a TC LV only because I have the TC V6 and it's the best rep available OTB and I have a TC yacht so I would like to finish the "triple crown" but should I pay more just because it's an LV ?

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
No selling a used tc for more than he sells brand new is just wrong

JoeyT

11/8/14
No selling a used tc for more than he sells brand new is just wrong

That was my thought, obviously if a gen insert or other mods/parts are installed then I understand the upcharge but some members I believe are thinking the price of these will skyrocket once TC runs out of inserts. for example the Wm9 series of watches.

vegasbaby

11/3/14
So I know the rule around here is never to sell a watch for more than you paid for it and I have followed that rule but I'm curious about these TC LV's. Seems to me some people are buying these to keep and flip for a profit when TC runs out of the inserts. Now I have nothing against investing for a profit but does that follow the guidelines of this forum? I am in the market for a TC LV only because I have the TC V6 and it's the best rep available OTB and I have a TC yacht so I would like to finish the "triple crown" but should I pay more just because it's an LV ?

Paid TC ~ $626 for conus delivery. Hoping to get in 2 weeks. And if you are trying to make us jealous by stating you have the V6 AND YM, it worked on me [emoji23]. I'm no expert but can't image many can say they have the TC triple crown...I say go for it!

JoeyT

11/8/14
Paid TC ~ $626 for conus delivery. Hoping to get in 2 weeks. And if you are trying to make us jealous by stating you have the V6 AND YM, it worked on me [emoji23]. I'm no expert but can't image many can say they have the TC triple crown...I say go for it!

Thanks brother, I dont mean to show off and I don't have nearly the collection that some other members here have (Rudy40 I hate you lol) But I am proud of the peices I do have and I take very good care of my watches. I am aiming for a gen pretty soon but I will probably raise funds in other ways then flipping my reps because I flipped a few already and I have a whole in my heart haha I need to fill my watch box again. My disease is well known around this forum haha. I'm Jealous of your LV. I might have to give in and order one from TC but the wait kills me. I'm an instant satisfaction kinda guy.

JoeyT

11/8/14
Now I have the TC triple crown but I need the LV still. I have the V6, the Yacht, and I just bought the Caddell Signature

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14

Pay more than what price???

I don't know that the inserts are going to rise in value due to scarcity. His prior LVs seemed to rise in value, but that was quickly washed away by the 2014 LV with the KH dial.

But you shouldn't pay more than list price for one of these watches. Just purchase one from TC - there's nothing like a TC "fresh" watch.

JoeyT

11/8/14
Pay more than what price???

I don't know that the inserts are going to rise in value due to scarcity. His prior LVs seemed to rise in value, but that was quickly washed away by the 2014 LV with the KH dial.

But you shouldn't pay more than list price for one of these watches. Just purchase one from TC - there's nothing like a TC "fresh" watch.

The unboxing of TC's fresh watches is great, I did that with my V6 but the wait kills me. That's why I go for previously loved TC's in order to avoid that wait.

B&E355

9/2/15
I did the same but due to a shipping error/delay had to still wait a month anyway. Lol

It.
Was.
Painful.

joe_chill

I'm Pretty Popular
19/2/12
To sell an LV for more than the original price from TC is profiteering and not allowed. I wouldn't mind paying what TC prices them for (shipping not included) even if it has some small signs of wear. So if you, Sefincorp, would like to sell yours, pm me.

As for the prices on the LV:s getting higher if/once he runs out of inserts, I don't think so. Even if the TC insert are great, many exchanges them for the real deal (I know I would).

JoeyT

11/8/14
To sell an LV for more than the original price from TC is profiteering and not allowed. I wouldn't mind paying what TC prices them for (shipping not included) even if it has some small signs of wear. So if you, Sefincorp, would like to sell yours, pm me.

As for the prices on the LV:s getting higher if/once he runs out of inserts, I don't think so. Even if the TC insert are great, many exchanges them for the real deal (I know I would).

A bought sefincorp's LV last night :) now my TC collection is complete. He charged what he paid and we agreed on no up charge. Should have it on my wrist by the weekend. As for the value, I buy watches to wear them and enjoy them. If I was buying watches for an investment I would be buying Gens

joe_chill

I'm Pretty Popular
19/2/12
You bastard ;) Kidding, good for you buddy. True, I believe that a gen LV would be a great investment for the future. That or a nice 5513 would be my bet.

vegasbaby

11/3/14
c6fd327d9d0f7053266ecff4f000bc49.jpg

Except for seeing my children born, this is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen [emoji12]

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
^^NICE!! I fuct up the LV insert on mine so have to buy another they ar 85 bucks!! OUCH

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12

Is this not a free market economy?? to post it for sale above retail is against forum rules, but if members are willing to pay more that is on them (I have been that dumb ass HEHE)!! moot point since it is sold, but the WM9's are no selling for double and i suspect the same from TC's in a few years.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
used noob v3s are selling for way more than a brand new v5,but i understand why and it fair

JoeyT

11/8/14
If TC started making 16613's I'm sure the value of WM9 would dip slightly. Imagine a TC V6 16613? Mind blown

joe_chill

I'm Pretty Popular
19/2/12
Is this not a free market economy?? to post it for sale above retail is against forum rules, but if members are willing to pay more that is on them (I have been that dumb ass HEHE)!! moot point since it is sold, but the WM9's are no selling for double and i suspect the same from TC's in a few years.

I don´t think Boss or any other old timer here would agree this forum being a part of the free market economy, this place has it's own rules. But I personally agree with you that supply and demand steer prices.

As for TC's in a few years, who knows, maybe the latest TC V9 is what we all want ;)

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
I'm a capitalist plain and simple, supply and demand, and some people don't want to take the risk of dealing with customs or china dealers or waiting 60 days for a TC watch. We should sell within what the market allows, that being said newbies should be told what they are paying extra for and that should be a rule. All the old timers scream at the newbies for not reading well if someone is to lazy to read then they can pay extra for our services which should be in the rules for the sale thread. It wont stop me from helping people but if they want to give me $50 extra on top of all costs to get a watch into CONUS or if they want a TC watch in two days for $100 more here you go. Of course some watches need help right out of the box and maybe I want a QC check that counts for more than just lip service. Oh yea and I would only take WU from newbies. But I am here and I appreciate all that has been given to me for free. I respect the forum and its Members and Dealers. I follow the rules as a condition of membership. Thank you all I hope no one is offended.