• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 15400

Tldt

Horology Curious
22/10/13
Please correct me if I'm wrong and this is my opinion; but it seems they are just cutting out that portion of the clasp to use less gold. Cost savings? I wonder if the msrp price for gen gold 15400 is higher too even though they are using less material....

This new clasp is not more aesthetically pleasing to me.

Having said that...if I have the $$$ for it I would totally buy that sexy sexy work of art.

Come here AP...I'll bend over for you :)

-T

retrospex

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
Please correct me if I'm wrong and this is my opinion; but it seems they are just cutting out that portion of the clasp to use less gold. Cost savings? I wonder if the msrp price for gen gold 15400 is higher too even though they are using less material....
-T

I thought the exact same thing. Even at the same price, less gold [emoji654]? more profit, screw you all lol.
That being said, it's one less thing the rep companies have to focus intently on. So yeah, good news for us on the dark side [emoji16]

Sent from my Noob 1:1 v6 edition iPhone super rep

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Apparently they updated to the hollowed deployant as there were many complaints of discomforts from gen owners with the older style.

ikugan

Renowned Member
25/5/10
Discomfort from corporates pocket book could be more accurrate. I'm more inclined to believe in th he cost saving benefit for AP...Lol. Also, newer version doesn't necessarily mean better version unfortunately.

retrospex

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
Discomfort from corporates pocket book could be more accurrate. I'm more inclined to believe in th he cost saving benefit for AP...Lol. Also, newer version doesn't necessarily mean better version unfortunately.

Well said.

TONTCPAD

18/2/13
Newer clasp not as good as old. Agreed looks flimsy and why would you want less gold ?
Nothing uncomfortable about the "old" clasp, so have to question the redesign

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Sead just told me "I heard that a new movement version is comming out soon". Did didn't specify a date.

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
I hope its decorated like 3210. That i have been waiting for a long time.

rjk1

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/13
Im just concerned about how reliable any clone movement would be. If the quality of dial and case/bracelet isn't changed then it's probably not worth it

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
The release schedule for many new AP reps is further in the future than many here think. If you are waiting for certain releases, you might be waiting longer than you expect.

adamweby

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/8/12
CONUS
yea its always tough to gauge. should be lots in the pipeline though

Tatze

Horology Curious
3/8/14
Germany
I am just guessing that everyone here is referring to the J12 15400 that is rumoured to be released soon? Everybody is talking about updating this and improving that, etc., but this is their first try at the 15400 isn't it? So if they focus on the stuff the other factories did wrong but screw up things that were ok on other factories versions, not much is gained. As much as I am lusting for one, I am not getting my hopes up to be satisfied with what they come up with before we see a V2 or V3.

Tldt

Horology Curious
22/10/13
I am just guessing that everyone here is referring to the J12 15400 that is rumoured to be released soon? Everybody is talking about updating this and improving that, etc., but this is their first try at the 15400 isn't it? So if they focus on the stuff the other factories did wrong but screw up things that were ok on other factories versions, not much is gained. As much as I am lusting for one, I am not getting my hopes up to be satisfied with what they come up with before we see a V2 or V3.

Very good point sir! Newer isn't always better as stated before earlier in this post.

I'm relatively happy with what they have now. And that's ultimately what's most important to me. If they come out with something that is marginally better only we anal retentive buggers would see it.

But I'll sure feel frustrated if I get the current and newer one is same price but better.

More I obsess, more I think saving for gen would be a better investment. But those AP service prices are so high!

-T

Tatze

Horology Curious
3/8/14
Germany
... If they come out with something that is marginally better only we anal retentive buggers would see it....

Well, those bezel screws are rather obvious, but you are right. I don't even think the average gen buyer obsesses over every little detail like we do.

Flashbolt987

1/3/15
Well, those bezel screws are rather obvious, but you are right. I don't even think the average gen buyer obsesses over every little detail like we do.

The average gen buyer doesn't need to obsess over every little detail - they would already be perfect.

Daddyoftoo

Known Member
6/2/15
The average gen buyer doesn't need to obsess over every little detail - they would already be perfect.
That said, have you noticed the recent lack of QC at R factory?!
AP seem to actually care about what they sell to their customers I think.

Agree with above posts though, it could be a long wait for the J12 15400 but hopefully this means they will get it right first time round.
If they do, then I expect the other factories will quickly jump in and make a newer version to compete, otherwise I doubt they will bother too soon, as the Miyota is already pretty impressive.