• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2 click springs snapped in under 2 months...

bigwigsdad

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/6/09
Both Clark... Why would they do that?

On my franken 16600. Guess I need a box of them.

gmg_3

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/14
How can stainless steel snap ? Buy some tc spring bars.

razorsedge

11/6/13
I've had a couple of the TC springs break as well. I've had really good luck with the WSO spring, but it needed a lot of adjustment to click right. Get a gen one if you can hunt one down. They're fairly inexpensive and I've been using one for months now with no breakage.

bigwigsdad

27/6/09
I turn it every now and then lol.

I've been used to a GMTII for 5 years. That's un-breakable!!

Where do I look for a gen, apart from the bay and even that's debatable... I don't mind the expense if it doesn't break.

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
im guessing they snapped when you were trying to bend them?

i think i broke like 2 of those the same way and just got a gen one.

thatd be my advice if you can get one.

bigwigsdad

27/6/09
Ordered a Clark for $15 posted to UK, then found a gen posted for $12!!! Let's see what arrives first.

Cheers for the advice!

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
I have a couple of customers watches here too which their click springs snapped right away, they too were Clark's click springs. Obviously a faulty batch.

bigwigsdad

27/6/09
maybe you dont align your octagon spring and your bezel well ?

Not sure what that is? It has a circular washer? Only thing to line up is the insert.

I have a couple of customers watches here too which their click springs snapped right away, they too were Clark's click springs. Obviously a faulty batch.

Well hopefully I'll only require the Clark spring as a spare as the gen will do the trick :)