• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Superclone Movement - How reliable have they been?

cubicle_monkey

13/10/12
Now that these have been out for a while, what is the consensus on the reliability of the new superclone 3000 movement? Is it reliable or a time bomb? How is the time keeping? Who actually can service one?

hotwheels

Renowned Member
22/10/14
Bay Area, California
I've only have my superclone for a week now so only thing I can voice upon is the time keeping. Mine is running +2 minutes fast a day which is the fastest out of any of my reps in my collection. I wish there was a way to service it to improve the time keeping but I wouldn't know any watchsmith that would be willing to work on a superclone.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
No news good news

We really have no bad news about the working of these clones. Maybe is is early to say it but it seems they are not a time bomb

I hope that with thread like this we will be able to know more about this matter

Waiting for owner's comments

ALE

carboncopy

4/12/14
Mine has a power reserve lasting for 156 Hours and 30 Mins. Don't know the performance of the last three hours as I was alseep but while it was working, it just lost two minutes during the operations... btw, it took me 45 winds to achieve full power reserve.

All in, I am very happy with mine.

Drkitch109

18/9/12
I've had the 448 SC for a few months now. The power reserve is stellar but I just encountered an issue with the movement and it is on its way to Vac. The hour hand does not set properly. If I were to wind the minute hand 60 minutes the hour hand does not move to the next hour. It takes about 75 minutes to align the hour hand with the next hr. In other words, if the time on the watch is 12:00 - and I manually advance the watch 1 hr - the hour hand will not align exactly with 1 until the time reads 1:15.

D

d4m.test

I think we will find out much more about this movement now that the 448O SF is only $250 delivered from Our TDs;)

I haven't read anything but long power reserve and gaining or losing time during a break-in period. I haven't heard news of these being bad at all. I'm excited to try mine out!

JMMC

30/11/14
Mine, working fine since november, smooth winding, great power reserve, gainning about 15s a day. That´s all.
So no news, good news.

D

d4m.test

More comments here:

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=190474

And.. I repeat again this movement is not even a Clone. Why are you calling it SUPER Clone???

P.3000 Clone is even exaggerated !!

ALE

LOL. I think this term emerged on the forums actually. Then the dealers started using it:lolcina:

I will be getting a solid vintage Cali style caseback for mine from Adrian to go along with the vintage look... no need to worry about the "Super Clone" movement

PAM MAN

Horology Curious
8/1/15
Mine has been running for about 6 months. The further into the power reserve (2 days plus) the more time it gains, maybe a couple of minutes a day But inside the 2 days and its bang on.

Quite impressive I think.

hidden impact

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/1/12
well, i'm glad i found this thread.

as the tsunami of SUPER SALE pam448's begin to flood the market, we should be getting lots of feedback on the movement, it's size, performance, available parts, etc...

my first experience from an sf 448 shipped from PT (v2 or 3 movement) was not so good. it arrived yesterday and was dead on arrival. the escape/ratchet wheel doesn't engage the balance and spins freely until it gets caught and stops. a similar dead on arrival post was made from another member on HF and another QC issue was caught from a watch sourced from Toro (only to be replaced by a ZF version) on HF as well.

it will be interesting how they deal with these issues since the stock is probably limited. no word back from last night's email to repairs, so fingers crossed.

anyone else want to chime in?