• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New TC LV

Curt941

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
26/1/11
Thanks Rudy. I agree, something has changed. I've got a v6 16610ln incoming that I can compare to.

I think the bezel has changed though. It's really really hard to fit a gen insert in. Even the TC insert is tight as sh!t.

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
Curt941;207differentThanks Rudy. I agree said:
Well the scallops look about the same as always.....is the inside diameter changed ??....Hard to fit gen insert huhh?
Have you tested a different bezel assembly and retainer?

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
Thanks Rudy. I agree, something has changed. I've got a v6 16610ln incoming that I can compare to.

I think the bezel has changed though. It's really really hard to fit a gen insert in. Even the TC insert is tight as sh!t.

I think he had a run of bezels with wider variances in tolerance than before. My LV came and the bezel was wobbly... and the TC insert would fall out after press fitting it. I have two other TC bezels that are perfect... with the number of reports on the recent bezel rings, I'm going to go out on a limb and say TC may have a run of bezels that are outside of normal specifications.

I swapped bezels rings with another case queen with a perfect bezel ring and the wobble followed the bezel ring to the new watch... I suspect TC knows... he said he would ship me a new bezel assembly when he returned in early Jan.

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
Rudy: the case for v6 have two different case.
the early version is nicer, new version have deep rehault, but result in bad beefy lugs, That's why when install v3 bracelet,
it will still looks bad sel. the crafts work and sanding I the rehault is also poorly made.
I take quality over gen spec feature anyday.

Curt941

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
26/1/11
but result in bad beefy lugs, That's why when install v3 bracelet, it will still looks bad sel. .

You can see in the picture of the V3 and v5 next to each other, that the v5 is thinner at the edges. If the lugs were "beefier" wouldn't the thicker bracelet still look fine? Instead it takes up the entire lug and almost goes over it. To me that indicates the lugs are thinner if anything.

Curt941

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
26/1/11
Clasp shots

And a random shot out in the sun.

I have to report that the bezel seems to be getting better. I have popped it off and on multiple times, and cleaned it. I still don't have the friction ring on there, but it is getting smoother to rotate.

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
I mean beefy as like width of the lugs . I will try to take a compare shot tonight

I want Daytona

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/8/09
The real question is, was there a variation of gen Subs that rese!ble the "new v6" case

Curt941

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
26/1/11
I mean beefy as like width of the lugs . I will try to take a compare shot tonight

The width of the lugs would not have an affect on how recesses they are relative to the tops of the lug though.

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
Not just about the sel fitment. It's about the case shape. Don't you think the whole case just look fat compare to gen or older tc or wm9?

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
And one gen. The sel is also not as flush as the v5

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Sel shouldn't be flush it's supposed to be ressessed.ops lv looks great to me.but the ar on cylpos is wrong. But I only use gen crystal anyway i would throw the tc xtal out

Curt941

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
26/1/11
I've got a 1989 16610 I can compare to later today. I'll take some pictures.

But no, I don't think the lugs are too big. Maybe compared to a heavily polished gen, but not a NOS 16610

razorsedge

11/6/13
My early v6 case looks identical to the new TC LV.

And the whole crystal has AR, not just the cyclops. It's not correct but it looks awesome.

DR3M3L

TECHMIN
Advisor
27/10/14
t's not correct but it looks awesome.

I agree on that one! It looks great, I always hated the "cloudy"-looking crystals on the Rolex reps, the gen just has a way more clear crystal.

Gen AP crystals don't have AR too, right? But their crystals are top notch, you look right trough them and IMO an AR'd crystal is the way to go the get even close to a gen one.

Mike116

I'm Pretty Popular
20/11/12
Back of beyond
The dial looks nicely centred on this model and not pushed over to the 9 side like earlier models with the first kh dials to get the date wheel/ mag lined up. I think Ruby's right about this case, it does appear to have subtle differences