• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Customer challenge my Rolex is fake .

Retina

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
18/12/14
Good point retina. also, you have two accounts. that's why your name is in tourquoise. You just need to contact one of the mods and get that straightened out.
Just did, thanks egrogart :D

alwinlee

Known Member
13/12/09
With all the 0% interest installment payment plans on luxury watches, I saw a waiting staff at a yum cha restaurant with a sub and I thought it was a gen.

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
Just say when asked. "It must be a real good fake, I just paid $750 at the Rolex Service Center for a small service".." daylight robbery those guys" ........then stare at it seriously, and say "it's a darn good one alright". .............. [I never said it's real, ok ]

Retina

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
18/12/14
With all the 0% interest installment payment plans on luxury watches, I saw a waiting staff at a yum cha restaurant with a sub and I thought it was a gen.
it just shows how desperate the firms are and that turnover for genuine watches are slowing down. Its not surprising, given the rise in popularity of second hand transactions. Unless the watch is limited in numbers,
a true collector would purchase gen watches in the after market for 20-30% less off retail value.

alwinlee

Known Member
13/12/09
it just shows how desperate the firms are and that turnover for genuine watches are slowing down. Its not surprising, given the rise in popularity of second hand transactions. Unless the watch is limited in numbers,
a true collector would purchase gen watches in the after market for 20-30% less off retail value.

I think they are just making luxury watches more accessible to who are unwilling to fork out a huge sum of money for a one-time payment. By the way the 0% installment plan applies to pre-owned watches here in the sunny island of Singapore as well.

Skipper

Horology Curious
28/10/14
Whether a dishwasher or a doctor the best policy is always honesty. Imagine you are wearing a gen and someone asks, is that a fake Rolex, of course you would say no, you would answer honestly. Same with a fake. Is that a fake watch you are wearing, yes it is. It is silly how people do judge us, whether by our vocation, the type of watch we wear, or the car that we drive. Just stupid material things.
I agree with you on the material viewpoint but I would like to add however if the person is bitter they will do his best to make you look bad. So answering honestly in many cases would be just as counter productive.. (but only if the person is out to get you, or most likely might be.) If you're sure that's not the case then asnwer honestly and have a good laugh.

And about gens even people who work depending on profession will ofc not risk their 'master' watch and get a rep cousin to avoid scraping the real one! But just be honest unless the person is a bitter tool in my opinion..
anonymous.png

Milkbread

Known Member
2/9/14
It doesn't matter whether you're wearing a gen or a rep, as long as you're happy wearing it! Well, of course, honesty is still the best policy. I wear my reps to work everyday :)