• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

new pam 392 on toro's website

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I doubt it's ZFactory. The placement might be similar but the quality of the inscription is not. Plus the crown and crown guard look horrible IMHO. There is potential there though for a good 42mm rep.

matthew90

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/14
I don't think it ZF.

At first it might look but just like mysterio said, look out for the crown, crown guard, cannon pinon. The dial, font and the whole colour seems to be off. case-set seems to be fine but overall quality could be pretty bad as toro haven't mentioned who the maker is. And Date-wheel doesn't center. For the price of 348 USD, it's a pretty horrible rep.

I think you should rather go for 44MM Bettarini case - any from noob factory.

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Imho it should be the same maker as 393.

I totally agree regarding CG shape and crown.

Moreover I noticed this pic regarding the position of CG on the case, it looks noticeably lower than rep:

GEN
panerai_image.2920388.jpg

REP
IMG_8926-1024x768.JPG

Another interesting view:

(above 392, under 312)
panerai_image.2920398.jpg

As you can see the corners of midcase look rounder in 392 compared to 312. The rep looks exactly like 312 to me instead:

IMG_8928-1024x768.JPG

I appreciate the effort, but I think this rep deserves a different approach given the demand for 42 mm models.

Autlnd

Renowned Member
19/7/10
Whatever, I just ordered! I have been waiting forever for a 42MM 1950 case. BOOM! I am pumped. I have the 393, I think it is incredibly built. CG does not bother me much. This is a perfect classy watch, not too big for my wrists like the 44.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
It seems a watch based in PAM 393 previously released
CG is completely wrong, as commented by mysterio
Case shape, as commented by kilo, is wrong
Lever tip is really ugly

But I don't agree about the movement it is a INVERTED ZFac IMO. Why are you saying is NON-inverted??
And inscriptions have wrong fonts like first ZFac INVERTED movements

Interesting regarding the 42mm size, not interesting as replicas

ALE

nicktan182

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/13
It seems a watch based in PAM 393 previously released
CG is completely wrong, as commented by mysterio
Case shape, as commented by kilo, is wrong
Lever tip is really ugly

But I don't agree about the movement it is a INVERTED ZFac IMO. Why are you saying is NON-inverted??
And inscriptions have wrong fonts like first ZFac INVERTED movements

Interesting regarding the 42mm size, not interesting as replicas

ALE

sorry Ale I meant to say that the "cal p9000" is engraved the correct way up as compared to older p9000 reps, was not referring to the placement of the balance wheel. and yes looking at it closely it looks like a pretty bad rep, but msybe it's a sign that the factories are looking at more 42mm reps?

shykhai

Renowned Member
31/5/13
The over analyzing cracks me up everytime...come on, its a rep...chill...lol...if it bothers ya, don't buy it..imho, not many ppl care about how the pam look like...its so generic. Every pam looks similar..heh heh...on the wrist, no one can tell a 351 from a 312...unless..ofcourse, he is a panerai nut who knows everything about pams. Enjoy the rep for what its worth. 300 odd vs 10k...it will never be 100% true. 90% is good enough for me.

I am a watch addict

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
The over analyzing cracks me up everytime...come on, its a rep...chill...lol...if it bothers ya, don't buy it..imho, not many ppl care about how the pam look like...its so generic. Every pam looks similar..heh heh...on the wrist, no one can tell a 351 from a 312...unless..ofcourse, he is a panerai nut who knows everything about pams. Enjoy the rep for what its worth. 300 odd vs 10k...it will never be 100% true. 90% is good enough for me.
I am a watch addict

I hope you are kidding. Aren't you?

If not:

What are we doing here?

and mainly:

What are YOU doing here?

ALE

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08

I am a watch addict

So says the owner of a V6 diver and a V6 HBB CF and looking for a V3 FC Diver. You think those reps would even be at that level without us "over analyzing" types? :rolleyes: Since you're an AP nut, you should appreciate the effort that went into fixing issues on APs such as Schumi even before it was released to the buying masses because of "over analyzing" members.

You don't even own a PAM for chrissakes, so please leave all your bellyaching about PAMs looking similar at the door. Clearly PAMs aren't your favorite, we respect that, but it's never okay to diss it just because of your dislike, especially in the brand's own backyard. Maybe if your AP legacy was ceramic but the colors were wrong, or if the colors were right but the ceramic JF used was the incorrect type, how'd you like them 90% accurate apples? :)

shykhai

Renowned Member
31/5/13
Im here to enjoy reps. Simple as that. Im a simple guy. This is a forum. We are entitled to have our own opinions. Unless, that is also not allowed? That i can't have my own opinion regarding watches? And no, i am not kidding. For what it is, this forum has been good for me. I have met great ppl who have become friends. I have learnt many things here. Whatever it is, i am a realistic guy. I still stand by my statement that a rep which is 90-95% close, that is good enough. If you want 100%, buy a gen. If not, learn to accept the opinion of others.

I am a watch addict

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Im here to enjoy reps. Simple as that. Im a simple guy. This is a forum. We are entitled to have our own opinions. Unless, that is also not allowed? That i can't have my own opinion regarding watches? And no, i am not kidding. For what it is, this forum has been good for me. I have met great ppl who have become friends. I have learnt many things here. Whatever it is, i am a realistic guy. I still stand by my statement that a rep which is 90-95% close, that is good enough. If you want 100%, buy a gen. If not, learn to accept the opinion of others.

I am a watch addict

Touche. And FWIW, it's not even 90%.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11

I am a watch addict

The most of us are here to enjoy our reps.
I enjoy all my gens and reps but I enjoy them more because I know all their qualities and flaws and when I get an improvement with a new version or maker I enjoy even more. That is the true realism.

That said I enjoy more with a good replica than with a bad one. The only way I know to improve a replica is detecting the flaws with reviews and publishing the results, trying to leave nothing without scrutiny. In this way makers can know what are the things people wants and know about the flaws in order to continue their business.

Making that we have got a very good improvement of the reps in last two years and in this way you are enjoying a lot your expensive collection of good reps

Or do you think that chinese makers are improving reps by themselves?

BTW: as said by mysterio the rep we are talking about don’t get even 90% (and maybe not even 75%)

ALE

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
The most of us are here to enjoy our reps.
I enjoy all my gens and reps but I enjoy them more because I know all their qualities and flaws and when I get an improvement with a new version or maker I enjoy even more. That is the true realism.

That said I enjoy more with a good replica than with a bad one. The only way I know to improve a replica is detecting the flaws with reviews and publishing the results, trying to leave nothing without scrutiny. In this way makers can know what are the things people wants and know about the flaws in order to continue their business.

Making that we have got a very good improvement of the reps in last two years and in this way you are enjoying a lot your expensive collection of good reps

Or do you think that chinese makers are improving reps by themselves?

BTW: as said by mysterio the rep we are talking about don’t get even 90% (and maybe not even 75%)

ALE

ALE, I have nothing but the deepest respect for your knowledge and your work. I have your PAM guide bookmarked in my web browser, and I use it each time I become interested in a specific Panerai model. Thank you for the compilation, I appreciate it very much.

I agree with you, that part of the rep hobby is in learning about the merits and flaws of each rep model, and the possible improvements or mods we can do, or we can suggest to the makers. It allows the community to perform each purchase with open eyes and a knowing mind. Like my friend shykhai, I am primarily an AP collector, and I would certainly apply the same level of scrutiny with each new rep model released like you would do for the PAMs, heedless of what anyone else thinks.

The community benefits from the information shared and can then make informed decisions before each purchase.

Thank you and please keep the good work coming.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
ALE, I have nothing but the deepest respect for your knowledge and your work. I have your PAM guide bookmarked in my web browser, and I use it each time I become interested in a specific Panerai model. Thank you for the compilation, I appreciate it very much.

I agree with you, that part of the rep hobby is in learning about the merits and flaws of each rep model, and the possible improvements or mods we can do, or we can suggest to the makers. It allows the community to perform each purchase with open eyes and a knowing mind. Like my friend shykhai, I am primarily an AP collector, and I would certainly apply the same level of scrutiny with each new rep model released like you would do for the PAMs, heedless of what anyone else thinks.

The community benefits from the information shared and can then make informed decisions before each purchase.

Thank you and please keep the good work coming.

Thanks for your kind and nice words

We will work together to get better replicas in the future. NO DOUBTS

ALE

Autlnd

Renowned Member
19/7/10
Arrived today! Put it on an OEM brown gator. I absolutely love it but would love to hear the experts opinions. The lug bars were very difficult to come loose from the push buttons.
f14c0582b328ba5faa0dafbd3abfcb5c.jpg
62c2c4e0f0595d232123cd71d2802400.jpg
24028e0f8f3184085459d4ae2569d5b9.jpg
ae8500512c9444c618ebe2a98513297a.jpg
dd0364bd854323b6f97454aff2e347f4.jpg
a3c18be09b6fad7c14e27a5265ef017a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cenjuro

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/1/13
i am not a pam expert, but i am thinking about the differences between this rep and kw.

Kw was 288 (now, they did not tell the prize in kuvarsit web), and toro´s was 348-