• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Thoughts on luxury watches on public transports?

joshualow_

19/2/13
Debate time: Luxury watches on public transport.

Generally think PAMs are fine. But what about higher tier brands such as Hublot / APs?

Ezio

Renowned Member
21/1/14
Well in Denmark alot of rich People use the metro and such to get around the City because of the traffic

once when i was on my way to a birthday party and knew i wouldnt be able to drive home so took the metro meet a guy who owned a gen AP and he noticed my rolex 6538 we talked for the trip about reps was a great experience i never bought a rep AP since i Got to hold the gen in my own hands to many tells on the reps

joshualow_

19/2/13
Well in Denmark alot of rich People use the metro and such to get around the City because of the traffic

once when i was on my way to a birthday party and knew i wouldnt be able to drive home so took the metro meet a guy who owned a gen AP and he noticed my rolex 6538 we talked for the trip about reps was a great experience i never bought a rep AP since i Got to hold the gen in my own hands to many tells on the reps

Oh there are many tells on the AP reps as compared to the gen? Was is a Diver or ROO?

exlgh91

I'm Pretty Popular
23/8/13
It's more about the time and convenience associated with public transits, I do see Rolexes, Omegas, and even AP time to time on my way to work via train.

joshualow_

19/2/13
Yeap but there would be a few judgemental ones which wonder if it's a gen or rep on public transport. In the end we wear what we like.

bradj

I'm Pretty Popular
21/7/12
Yeap but there would be a few judgemental ones which wonder if it's a gen or rep on public transport. In the end we wear what we like.

I don't understand this logic.. Who gives a shit what you wear or how you get around town?

theinvestigator

Renowned Member
11/5/14
I don't get it, so I'm going to say this threads stupid. Most people travel around in London by train, I see rolexs to timex on a daily basis.

joshualow_

19/2/13
Just putting it out there that most people think luxury watches = well off = own a car? Take it easy man just a discussion.

JAFO

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/13
I bought a stack of counterfeit 100 dollar bills on Aliexpress and I carry em around in a big wad in my hand when I ride the bus. Totally solves the problem of people knowing your watch is a fake.

theinvestigator

Renowned Member
11/5/14
i see your point, wearing a luxury watch and catching the bus into town, but then again if you purchase a real rolex you're still using the bus, you have your priorities wrong in life?

Its the context, I catch the train to work in central London because it is convenient.

D

d4m.test

Two very different types of public transport in the world. In my little city, public city buses are the only method, so high end watches would look totally out of place. Hell, a cell phone less than a year old and a full set of teeth in your mouth would be out of place.

However, i see many high end watches and other expensive articles of clothing all over metros and trains around the world. Saw a couple of AP royal oaks in Paris, many rolexes, and a tourby i couldn't identify. In Toronto, lots of rolex and omega.

D

d4m.test

When You are a common person and have a collection of Pateks, Ap´s and vintage Rolexes as gen, You have to ride the train, the bus and the bike, because You cannot afford the car any more. Watch Your wallet on that train. You will also live in a rented apartment.
When You own the house and the luxury brand sports car, it´s the other way round: sensible choice but Your wearing a rep or at least some reps mixed with gens.:)

redrising

I'm Pretty Popular
23/4/12
I bought a stack of counterfeit 100 dollar bills on Aliexpress and I carry em around in a big wad in my hand when I ride the bus. Totally solves the problem of people knowing your watch is a fake.

....and then you get robed by a big dude.

egroegart

1/7/13
Fact is 99% of the people will not notice what's on your wrist, nor will they notice you at all probably. Once in awhile I'll run into another watch enthusiast, but that's even pretty rare. and same here Raji. Nobody in my town even knows what a Rolex is. well they might know but have never seen one in person. and most of them don't have most of their teeth either. We don't even have public transportation here. Just a small country town lol. I'd say the only people on public transportation that would notice your watch is another watch enthusiast or a robber.

Rotador

I'm Pretty Popular
28/9/14
I see no inconsistency. A rich man, wearing 10k euros watch, can use public transport regularly.

bc1221

30/4/14

This is why you always carry your warranty cards with you. Wear it on your chest like a name tag. Then everyone will know it's gen

JAFO

16/10/13
This is why you always carry your warranty cards with you. Wear it on your chest like a name tag. Then everyone will know it's gen

Damn right! A genuriginal JAFO Warranty Card and a stack of counterfeit hundreds and nobody's gonna question your watch!