• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Ploprof V2 Swiss Photo-Review

fleed

Known Member
3/2/07
The Ploprof V2 is probably one of the best reps out there...

the impressive case has a fantastic quality and finish

pp2.jpg

the crown tubus is a big "tube"
grin.gif

pp3.jpg

pp4.jpg

pp5.jpg

pp6.jpg

HE-evacuation drill

pp7.jpg

on this one, the valve is funccional...

pp8.jpg

altough the watch was waterproof, i preferred to go safe and sealed the HE-valve system with epoxy

pp17.jpg

love this caseback so much...

pp9.jpg

pp10.jpg

pp12.jpg

crownguard with integrated crown

pp12.jpg

bezel with saphire insert (i did relume it to make it look closer to the gen)

pp14.jpg

pp15.jpg

pp16.jpg

altough those dials are great quality (paint, stamping, colors, indexes, lume and hands...all looks well made and finished), i decided to relume it.

pp1.jpg

pp2-1.jpg

pp4-1.jpg

pp20.jpg

pp22.jpg

pp23.jpg

swiss mvt, keeping good time results

pp24.jpg

simply amazing

pp26.jpg

pp28.jpg

pp30.jpg

pp31.jpg

pp32.jpg

pp33.jpg

pp7x.jpg

thank you for reading me!

fleed

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
I read this review on RG a few months ago, great job and very thorough. It's actually what drew my to buyin my own V2.

461a507a-6771-f57b.jpg

Ananomouse

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/3/12
Relume is a must on this- once finished, this is a watch you could wear into any AD without any hesitation.

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
Does a relume bring back/create the super bright white numbers on the bezel (when not glowing)? The stock rep numbers are a grey colour. Gens are bright white...

Ananomouse

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/3/12
Does a relume bring back/create the super bright white numbers on the bezel (when not glowing)? The stock rep numbers are a grey colour. Gens are bright white...

From what I've seen, the V2 bezel is the one to mod because the lume is pasted on the bezel with the markings of the insert being clear to allow the lume light through. The gen has lume applied directly to the back of the insert. By the factory leaving this clear, it allows for a superlume to be applied to it as it should be. If the factories follow the current trend, they should come out with it done this way, making it the ultimate super rep of all time. :)

BTW, gens are not bright white, they are blue

omega_seamaster_ploprof_1200_lume.jpg

I may have misunderstood your comment- yes, the gen appears to be white in normal lighting, with blue being the lume color.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Great review, great pics, great re-lume and great watch. What more needs said? Oh yeah, have some +rep ;)

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
If the op can send me those pics that don't work I will be very great full
thanks

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
I would love to know which parts of the case that is removable without complications, before I order the genuine parts for it. And I think those pics would have give me an idea. I found 2 of them cached on google.