• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

16613/116613 What to buy where to get it?

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
I'll probably end up with two of these builds...I really want a WM9 CASE SET because of the gen construction and the engraving that are between the lugs..the MBW Version I have now also has the lug holes case! Hence the reason I haven't built one out of a sterile TC case set yet...but if luck doesn't have it soon I will go ahead with the TC case set and have it engraved
Then i would have lug holes version and non lug holes version...thats how much i love this watch...the 16610 and the 16613 was the two main reasons i ended up here on the boards!
FINGERS ARE CROSSED FOR TC PLATED BRACELET!

revhrd

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/2/11
really wished TC offered a 16613, Just so I can hold my patience until a wm9 pops up again.

Congrats again Rudy :)

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
really wished TC offered a 16613, Just so I can hold my patience until a wm9 pops up again.

Congrats again Rudy :)
Thanks bro!
I have a friend that's working on a WM9 FOR ME HOPEFULLY!
fingers crossed!

D

d4m.test

the MBW Version I have now also has the lug holes case!

It's that the one you had for sale for 5 minutes before withdrawing it? I didn't think it had lug holes. Or is that yet another tt sub?

-Posted from Tapatalk

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
It's that the one you had for sale for 5 minutes before withdrawing it? I didn't think it had lug holes. Or is that yet another tt sub?

-Posted from Tapatalk

The top pics was the one I had for sale for 45 seconds before withdrawing it!...lol
Which had no lug holes!

The other is a build that watchguyusa1 built
He bought the watch new from Goarge 9 or 10 years ago I believe ...and built it to what you see now! He offered it to me on a trade and I jumped on it without hesitate !
And this one does have lug holes!

So the WM9 will be in my sights next after I get my LV project done!

Sent from my Rolex thinking brain!

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12

-Posted from Tapatalk

Also sorry!
They are both MBW Watches!

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
ujyjajaz.jpg

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12

blank1

Looking Around
28/9/14
I have no experience what-so-ever with modding - how much would it cost to have one made?

Criegg

Renowned Member
23/4/13
Florida
@blank1, sometimes money can't buy the parts you need until they come up for sale... But, to have a nice looking TT decent enough to wear, will cost in the $1k-1500 price range FOR SURE if i'm not understating it...

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
I have no experience what-so-ever with modding - how much would it cost to have one made?

Well it would be whatever the cost of the base watch your going to use ?
Let say BP?
BP Asian movement $250 to $300
Then TC 16613 dial hands and insert is $110
BK gold DWO $35 to $40 can't remember which?
Plus factor in $100 to $160 for mods
TC date window is in a different position !
So you will have to have the cyclops moved!
Doing the case and CG and rehualt shaved work to make it look right!
Plus depending on what base watch you use it still may end up with wokky rehualt ?
I spent over $600 before trying to build one out of a BP base watch and still wasn't happy with the rehualt..!you be better off using a MBW or TW TC as a base watch you can sink a lot of money into a project like this and the results still not be pleasing!
Keep in mind I didn't factor in any gen parts which will make the build more $$$$
Like gen gold crown $150 to $200
Gen TT insert $150 to $200 the list can go on and on!
Unless you are creative and can do most of the mods & work your self and use the cheapest parts and be happy with the end result ...I suggest wait until M2M has one already built ?

snowykim

25/12/12
NY, USA
Rudy is right and here is my on going project for 16613.
Gen parts: bezel assembly, dial, crystal, crown -- this alone did cost me way more than 1K.
now TC case, hand set with BK Swiss movement and DWO. -- 3-400???

Im still scratching my head getting 14k wrapped bracelet which is not available anymore from some TDs.

So in my case it is easily over 1500...

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
Gen parts: bezel assembly, dial, crystal, crown -- this alone did cost me way more than 1K.

Im still scratching my head getting 14k wrapped bracelet which is not available anymore from some TDs.

Thanks
Like I said this build isn't for the faint hearted..and very costly to get to look right !
I love this watch but it don't love my wallet as much! Lol!
Here lately I have got lucky enough to inquire two MBWs and it wasn't for friends I wouldn't have these! I have been truly blessed with great friends! I wish everybody the best of luck with this build! It's certainly not a easy build!

ceoCorona

Renowned Member
5/5/13

IMO if you're spending the money look for an 18k bracelet vs 14k. The gold color is completely wrong with 14k compared to gen. Remember rolex uses 18 k gold on their TTs.

snowykim

25/12/12
NY, USA
IMO if you're spending the money look for an 18k bracelet vs 14k. The gold color is completely wrong with 14k compared to gen. Remember rolex uses 18 k gold on their TTs.
Good point! Any idea where I can get good 18K bracelet? In the mean time, I will order blue rubber b.

ceoCorona

Renowned Member
5/5/13
Good point! Any idea where I can get good 18K bracelet? In the mean time, I will order blue rubber b.

If you want the real deal I recommend the WSO 18k gold bracelet. It's real gold mid links. Runs about 950$.

I know not for everyone. I just know some people were laying $300 for rep wm9 bracelets which is crazy for gold that will tarnish and wear.

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
If you want the real deal I recommend the WSO 18k gold bracelet. It's real gold mid links. Runs about 950$.

I know not for everyone. I just know some people were laying $300 for rep wm9 bracelets which is crazy for gold that will tarnish and wear.

They are a company on EBay selling the same looking bracelets as WSO is offering
18k gold filled mid links wrapped for $300
Claiming it will never fade and wear!
But I find that hard to swollow? Because the bracelet will be the part on the watch that will receive the most wear! And abuse!

ceoCorona

Renowned Member
5/5/13
They are a company on EBay selling the same looking bracelets as WSO is offering
18k gold filled mid links wrapped for $300
Claiming it will never fade and wear!
But I find that hard to swollow? Because the bracelet will be the part on the watch that will receive the most wear! And abuse!

That's just marketing BS. Anything plated will eventually show signs of wear. That bracelet is no better then anything our TDs could source at a fraction of the cost.

I personally wouldn't bother with that.