• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Royal Oak Offshore Diver Real Ceramic JF Best Edition on Rubber Strap MIYOTA 9015

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
hey chris, I thought that this AP Ceramic by J12 is different from the Noob one, for which you've posted the links....
i might be wrong, but i think its definitely a different watch as it has Miyota 9015 n the Noob has A2824-2.... and for exhibition caseback, Miyota is a whole lot pleasant to see than an A2824-2:)
also, the crown size / crown guard issue is not visible in this J12 Ceramic Diver...

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13

Both makers will upgrade with Vs iterations the current flaws eventually to get a super rep status piece in no time ! thanks to them competing,

HOWEVER quality of ceramic work is still an unknown and that is an area of vital importance ! nobody wants a regular desk shock to destroy your watch in pieces..., I think we should pay close attention to this point...

waiting for wristies and first impression, and maybe real durability test from TDs...
smiley.gif

alex.cpa

19/5/11
Tons of ceramic cases are used and abused by thousands forum members. I have yet to see a post here or on sister forums about ceramic watches destroyed by a fall or an impact not to mention a regular desk dive shock. Heck I took a fall fooling around drunk on my kids mini scooter. My abII literally saved my wrist as I landed on the bracelet. Got bracelet broken and scratched sapphire. I documented chipped ceramic bracelet link replacement and overall H ceramic bracelet construction on RG. Case survived 100% fine. Also my IWC TG went through hell with me. Case still looks gr8. All I am saying is that based on my past experiences I have faith in new divers. Especially from case durability and "wearability". I was waiting patiently for one since late 2012 as I did not want fake "fake" DLC version.

MADRED7

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/11
This new Diver in all ceramic case can be a winner .... strikes me more than the ss or fc version due to the orange.
Dr. Theo

jonnyboy74

Renowned Member
17/9/13
One of my favourite watches, ive got the v2 from puretime with a domi crystal , might be tempted with this one though-real ceramic is reason enough I think!

alex.cpa

19/5/11
Many of us were on hold for real ceramic case. I had fully modded vac v2, gave to my dad, got myself new ss 4.1 and skipped FC alltogether because I have BB already and dig orange more as well. I just think this time I will wait for more reviews and V.? Edition...

Doc0005

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
17/11/13

Both makers will upgrade with Vs iterations the current flaws eventually to get a super rep status piece in no time ! thanks to them competing,

HOWEVER quality of ceramic work is still an unknown and that is an area of vital importance ! nobody wants a regular desk shock to destroy your watch in pieces..., I think we should pay close attention to this point...

waiting for wristies and first impression, and maybe real durability test from TDs...
smiley.gif

Nonsense. We have ceramic bezel log time ago. This speculation do not add any value.

AstroAvia

Renowned Member
29/8/08
BRAZIL
I see a point in what fire007 says. Correct me if I am wrong, but the APROO Diver will be the first massive case in ceramic material. All other ceramic watches I can think of were thin-walled. Top Gun, some PAMs, the Hublots, what else am I forgetting?

As counter-intuitive as it may seem, the thicker and bulkier the ceramic body, the higher the chance of it breaking if not properly produced. That's because one increases the number of tiny defects which act as stress raisers inside the mass of ceramic material. Remember, ceramic is very hard, but with hardness comes brittleness. (There is no use in comparing the ceramic cases with the sapphire of our crystals. Even though the latter is also a ceramic, thus hard and brittle, the production of sapphire is strictly controlled, something we don't know yet about the AP ceramic case.)

qickdraw

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/7/14
Wow, I just took a look @ those images on the PT site. If they are an accurate indication of what we're getting for $500 these days & the quality stands up to scrutiny, I would say that the old adage of '95% of the watch for 5% of the price' just went up by a couple of extra % points!

I've got a fever, and the only prescription - is more cowbell!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Wow, I just took a look @ those images on the PT site. If they are an accurate indication of what we're getting for $500 these days & the quality stands up to scrutiny, I would say that the old adage of '95% of the watch for 5% of the price' just went up by a couple of extra % points!

I've got a fever, and the only prescription - is more cowbell!

Do you mean % of the quality or % of the cost that went up? They mean different things :D

Reactions: Allure

MADRED7

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/11
I guess it is 98% gen like rep for 10% of the gen price.
Dr. Theo

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
I guess it is 98% gen like rep for 10% of the gen price.
Dr. Theo

I'm not sure of your maths there. The gen Ceramic Diver comes in around $20,000 - and the rep is $500, which is 2.5% of the gen price....