• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

any clue what i could have got

JellyJoe

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/09
See once you understand the humor of this place we all get along just fine. I knew you would come around.:sub4me:
Listen to sub4me you have to, if a true nutter you want to become :yoda:

sawalke4

I'm Pretty Popular
16/1/08
The explorer is an older model rep, ICHS, wrong crown guards, for $1K I hope its a swiss ETA modded movement. I bought one like it a few years ago with a black dial for about $235. Hows the lume on the Explorer? The DD looks really really nice. 2.5 date mag, dial looks great and gold looks like in great shape. I love the fluted bezel. The sticker is a giveaway that it was hardly worn. but as long as you clean it with soap after you wear it, it should last. The resale value on here would be around $300 depending on how much gold it has. Whats the weight on the DD? When you set the time, what direction do you turn the crown to adjust the hands? Nice watches! unfotunatley scumbag scam artists rip people off with the dream of a 1:1 pefect rep which we all seek, with the price you paid you could have made an amazing franken, or saved a bit more and gotten a gen but anyway, thats the lesson you learned.

theaman82

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
7/11/12
The explorer is an older model rep, ICHS, wrong crown guards, for $1K I hope its a swiss ETA modded movement. I bought one like it a few years ago with a black dial for about $235. Hows the lume on the Explorer? The DD looks really really nice. 2.5 date mag, dial looks great and gold looks like in great shape. I love the fluted bezel. The sticker is a giveaway that it was hardly worn. but as long as you clean it with soap after you wear it, it should last. The resale value on here would be around $300 depending on how much gold it has. Whats the weight on the DD? When you set the time, what direction do you turn the crown to adjust the hands? Nice watches! unfotunatley scumbag scam artists rip people off with the dream of a 1:1 pefect rep which we all seek, with the price you paid you could have made an amazing franken, or saved a bit more and gotten a gen but anyway, thats the lesson you learned.

thank you
finally an answer.
so how would i sell the DD
both have the quick date change at midnight
explorer had the 2.5 date mag too

JellyJoe

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/09
DD if it's mint I'd say 100$ with 21j, 150 with asian 2836-2, 200$ if it has a swiss ETA (which you will have to prove with pictures).
Hardly more than that in here.

theaman82

Banned
7/11/12
i went to my jeweler and has the back removed off the explorer 2
and it was gold inside so what movement could this be
i will upload pics tomorrow but any ideas

MMs

I'm Pretty Popular
6/8/10
the color of the metal doesn't say much of anything.

MMs

I'm Pretty Popular
6/8/10
InCorrect Hand Stack

it means the hands are not stacked in the correct order.

techlogik

16/7/09
One of the more stange posters in awhile. Nov 2012 join, 200+ posts (gheez...slow down, or actually, keep posting, this is entertaining).

Full of win this thread.

theaman82

Banned
7/11/12
One of the more stange posters in awhile. Nov 2012 join, 200+ posts (gheez...slow down, or actually, keep posting, this is entertaining).

Full of win this thread.

well thank you very much:stir:

techlogik

16/7/09
well thank you very much:stir:

No offense bro. But all of this stuff is on the forums. Hence why people always say read read read....

You should read more and post less. This is what any thread on any forums ends up like with every hobby Ive been involved with. In fact, people are really patient here mostly compared to many other hobby forums.

Maybe if you decide to stick around and be a member, you will eventually understand why. Or maybe not.

This place is also a little kooky at times.

Good day!

theaman82

Banned
7/11/12
No offense bro. But all of this stuff is on the forums. Hence why people always say read read read....

You should read more and post less. This is what any thread on any forums ends up like with every hobby Ive been involved with. In fact, people are really patient here mostly compared to many other hobby forums.

Maybe if you decide to stick around and be a member, you will eventually understand why. Or maybe not.

This place is also a little kooky at times.

Good day!

the problem is there is SO MUCH info sometimes it hard to find what you want thats why i ask
and i will be staying around currently buying my 3rd watch from a member in a month

bobkat

6/7/12
guess i just dont know how to photograph watches

Your major problem isn't that you don't know how to photograph watches ... It's that you don't know how to focus your lens. Most snapshot cameras have a feature where you half press the shutter button to focus on your subject then fully press the shutter button to expose. Also many cameras have a minimum focus distance. I bet you're too close to the front lens element with your shots. Put your watch on a table or the floor and keep your camera 18-20 inches away. Then crop your photo. At least you'll have a sharper image.

theaman82

Banned
7/11/12
Your major problem isn't that you don't know how to photograph watches ... It's that you don't know how to focus your lens. Most snapshot cameras have a feature where you half press the shutter button to focus on your subject then fully press the shutter button to expose. Also many cameras have a minimum focus distance. I bet you're too close to the front lens element with your shots. Put your watch on a table or the floor and keep your camera 18-20 inches away. Then crop your photo. At least you'll have a sharper image.

ok thanks i will try this.