• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Skinny Wrist Club thread

lfovco

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/3/06
100% same deal here. No issues with Carbon and XS. Wears light and comfy.

I have tried few other SS gens. Same deal as with the diver, too heavy. You will run into same issue. Won't work for guys with super wrist bone ;-)

lfovco

18/3/06
Here is a profile shape of XS strap at second hole to last, as I wear it on 6"
umujabuq.jpg

lfovco

18/3/06
And here is a photo how it wraps around the wrist. The extra space may look funky in pics but it's all good in real life.

3aduretu.jpg

lfovco

18/3/06
This fit is nice and firm, not tight at all, little loose. Enough to be very comfy. It also does not rotate around the wrist at all.

lfovco

18/3/06
XS gen strap works perfectly. It fits the rep like it's a gen. Highly recommended despite the high price. It will last forever.

Sultan Brunei

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/12
100% same deal here. No issues with Carbon and XS. Wears light and comfy.

I have tried few other SS gens. Same deal as with the diver, too heavy. You will run into same issue. Won't work for guys with super wrist bone ;-)

But, wont the s/s ROO feels a bit differently than s/s diver?
First, the case back is different, no 3d fonts on s/s roo caseback.
Secondly, there is an extra rubber pushers at 2 o clock, which, I am thinking, should help to reduce the effect of "collision of wrist bone and sharp watch corner", right?

What do you think?

lfovco

18/3/06
Not sure, I was not paying such a close attention. Are you close from AP dealers.
When I get back from vacation, I could try some on again. Probably sometime early next month.

Sultan Brunei

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/12
Yea, I'm close. But the thing is, to know the real comfort of this thing, you have to really wear it for some time, then you decide. You can't just try it in some AD and then judge. Most watch will feel okay..

So the answer should come from someone who has owned s/s roo and wear it all the time... :)

lfovco

18/3/06
It would be have to be someone with very similar wrist.
You may just get one from M2M and see if you like it.
This way you can resell for what you paid in case it does not fit you well without loosing money.

replicawatch21

21/6/12
And here is a photo how it wraps around the wrist. The extra space may look funky in pics but it's all good in real life.

3aduretu.jpg

Thanks for the pics, bud! I'm still thinking if I can pull off ROO without the XS strap.

Here's another 15400 on 6.5

e9u9uzeh.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lfovco

18/3/06
@replicawatch21
XS strap is for 5.8" to 7" wrists.
standard strap that comes with Offshore Divers happens to be Large size instead of Normal size.
For 6" wrist I would have somehow make 2 or even 3 holes. Even so, it would still be unwearable because of how long the strap with buckle is.
This is why above I showed the pic of the buckle and where is sits on my wrist.
I'm afraid that unless you get XS strap, it may not work for you.

lfovco

18/3/06
Your 15400 looks sweet, I'm really tempted to make it my next piece.

silverclaw

I'm Pretty Popular
24/2/13
UK
Your 15400 looks sweet, I'm really tempted to make it my next piece.

Get the 36mm version, seriously. The 15400 would look pretty ridiculous on you, since you have a 6" wrist. It's got a bigger dial than even an AP diver. Looks insane on me and I have 6.5".

lfovco

18/3/06
Hmm.. Interesting, I will try a gen on first to see if I like it. Thanks.

aflop

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/5/13
Inspired by silverclaw, I traded my 15400 for a 14790..

From this:
4eba4a3e.jpg

To this:
udeju9uv.jpg

Pros:
The watch really sits larger than a 36mm on my 6.25" wrist, very classy yet not too overpowering. The caseback is also closed, a major plus for OCD guys like myself.

pureba2e.jpg

Cons:
The bracelet clasp isn't forgiving for small wrists. In fact I felt the double clasp of the 15400 sat better but the 14790 watch head won hands down. The dial also doesn't pop as much as the 15400, but still forgivable.

All in all, still pleased!

Wristshots:

henymu8u.jpg

utu9agy3.jpg

Special thanks to silverclaw and trade party whom I shall keep anonymous out of respect for his privacy.