• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What is the most number of times you have rejected your QC pics?

btwn68n70

21/2/14
Should I feel bad for rejecting my dealer many many times because of my ocd? :(

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
Until now I bought around 25-30 watches, some for me, some for my friends and I rejected only one of them because of pearl issue. This leads me to think that you are looking for gen perfection in reps which means you should lower your expectations and accept some small flaws or you should try with another dealer. Personally my go to dealer is Sead with some exceptions (Toro, Tony, TSwatch, Sora-all of them were great btw) and I can't recommend him high enough. There were a few watches that had some small issues but almost nothing is worth mentioning. Sead took care of it immediately in the way any customer would like and I had only one watch DOA which was also solved by him in no time. And pearl issue wans't from him. :)
I think you can't expect anything better in rep world. ;)

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
I have not rejected one yet. the TD's I use know what to look for and have provide me with great watches. and no, none of them are perfect, but they are all excellent. There is no such thing as a perfect one. If you keep it up you will surely be put on the dealer's "do not sell to" list. as that is just ridiculous and unacceptable if you are rejecting watch after watch. Are you aware that these dealers don't have the watches in stock for the most part? For each watch they have to travel to the markets or factories to get your watch. bring it back, take pictures, load the pictures then email them to you, and make sure it's functioning. That being said, I have had a couple watches with very minor flaws, that just bothered me when I looked down at the watch. So I sent them in to one of our watchsmiths to fix the issues. Very simple and not very expensive. That is a much better route to go than to keep rejecting watches. And trust me when I say they are making note of you rejecting all of these watches. It is costing them time and money.

bc1221

30/4/14
yea.. sounds like you need to be buying a gen.

ive only ever rejected 1 watch and even then, i was ultimately talked in to just accepting the watch from a TD on the other forum who shall remain nameless.

even still, some of the things people reject watches for these days seem kinda ridiculous. theyre fake watches made in someones house.
theyre never gonna be perfect.

unless its a completely different watch or something is obviously crooked or wrong, you shouldnt reject the watch imo

btwn68n70

21/2/14
I now feel bad for my TD :( I rejected the watch due to the misaligned subdial minute counter at 12. Did I do wrong? :(

DhKbNIt.jpg

bc1221

30/4/14
easy fix.

my speedy did that.
the hand is just seated a mm over.

all you would have to do is take the movement out and nudge the hand over with a piece of paper.

btw, nobody you know would ever notice that.

btwn68n70

21/2/14
now i can just wish they fix the subdial instead of replacing with another new one. The triangle and daydate on this is perfect

bc1221

30/4/14
theyll more than likely just pick out another watch from the factory which will have its own issues.
you gotta learn to live with some flaws.

tiny things like slight hand mis-alignment is a easy fix. i would have accepted this watch because everything else is perfect.

btwn68n70

21/2/14
I just emailed my td saying I will take it if he haven't sent it back to the factory, hopefully he hasn't

D

d4m.test

On a chrono with subdials it´s the first thing I look at - do the subdials reset to 0? While nobody notices it from an arms length any friend You show the watch will immediately notice it at well. After 1 Year it will still bother. If You put it on m2m sale it "won´t fly". The only solution I have for this is putting it at another position without resetting - say at 30 secs.
The only Omega chrono I took the movement out is still in pieces - did not manage to get it back together fiddling with the Chronopushers.

3 tries for the TD to get it right on a $350 shipped watch or $100 discount, it´s faulty (nobody gives it). Otherwise refund, if its a nice TD I would ask for a non-chrono instead.
Simple fix: my non-chrono collection has grown:)
Some TD´s (see posts above) do care, others keep sending You qc of faulty watches, it´s their problem imo.

btwn68n70

21/2/14
On a chrono with subdials it´s the first thing I look at - do the subdials reset to 0? While nobody notices it from an arms length any friend You show the watch will immediately notice it at well. After 1 Year it will still bother. If You put it on m2m sale it "won´t fly". The only solution I have for this is putting it at another position without resetting - say at 30 secs.
The only Omega chrono I took the movement out is still in pieces - did not manage to get it back together fiddling with the Chronopushers.

3 tries for the TD to get it right on a $350 shipped watch or $100 discount, it´s faulty (nobody gives it). Otherwise refund, if its a nice TD I would ask for a non-chrono instead.
Simple fix: my non-chrono collection has grown:)
Some TD´s (see posts above) do care, others keep sending You qc of faulty watches, it´s their problem imo.
I just sent him another email asking him to ignore my previous, thanks for making me change my mind :)

bc1221

30/4/14
Yea. This is one of the main reasons why I try to avoid chronos. They seem so problematic and I hear they're a nightmare to work on. The only chrono I own is the moon watch. The only thing I fixed on that was the sub dial being slightly off which was fairly easy to do. The st19 movement is pretty solid. No rotor to mess around with. Just pop out and pop back in.

The keyless works on that I swear is impossible to mess up. I've taken the stem out a few times and on occasion prob pushed too hard but it still snaps back in to place when I pop the stem in.

If I buy another chrono it'll be with that movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
I've never rejected QC pics because, over 30+ watch purchase, I've only ever received 2 lots, both unsolicited.

QC pics are a pain for everyone. If you trust someone you've never met enough to send them untraceable money over the internet, surely you trust them enough to send you a good watch.

I was told early on in this hobby to choose your dealer and then choose your watch. I trust my dealers and they send me good watches, and I do actually have very high standards, so strip, clean and realign my watches on receipt so they're up to my requirements.

btwn68n70

21/2/14
I just rejected my 2nd set of QC pics because the 9 o'clock marker is slanted. Do you think I am being unreasonable? :(

TrXjaKu.jpg

bc1221

30/4/14
yea.. you need to either ease up or just go buy a gen.
youre gonna get black listed...

btwn68n70

21/2/14
yea.. you need to either ease up or just go buy a gen.
youre gonna get black listed...
I feel so bad about it, but when I look at the watch the slant marker is all I could see....if you get what i mean :(

bc1221

30/4/14
i see it. its slightly tilted. something nobody will ever notice but you imo but its your money so i guess its up to you on how you decide to spend it...
you should be careful though. TDs are nice to a point where its really not worth their time.
ive worked in sales and retail before.. the customer isnt always right. esp in the counterfit world.

i hope you dont do drugs. id hate to see you try to complain because your blow or heroin was cut too bad.

D

d4m.test

Nº2 I would have taken it and could live with it well I think.
The 9 marker is very slightly tilted but otherwise it´s fine (and really does look better with the aligned subdials) so here it comes to a degree where You just have to take decisions.

and thanks bc1221 - was always interested in the st19 (it looks gorgeous) but now will have an in-depth look at all available:)