• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob v3 Submariner QC pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevejones

27/1/14
jeff , if everyone was not so picky the quality of reps would still be poor .

what people get annoyed about is when something could be better through a bit of care and attention by the maker , like centering a pearl .

I have seen reps where the pearl is way off centre but my nephew who is 8 could centre it better

edd312

Known Member
22/5/14
the pearl is fine
I don´t think the pearl is fine. It might be, but the picture doesn´t show it very well. It might be the angle.
72cc0e3a45af8e82f64d732b8b4b875d_zpsc5d72239.jpg

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
its the angle of the pic
these v3s have a thick rim in real life ,way thicker than the real pearl

benjji

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/13
smoke,i looked at pictures in macro. the problem is not the ring. the ring has the right thickness. the problem it's excessive glue at the edges since the pearl is small.. it makes it seem like the ring thicker.

this is an problem anyway: the pearl is not correct. i would ask ask for a new one

7333x2_zpsb40e785d.jpg

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
jeff , if everyone was not so picky the quality of reps would still be poor .

Every rep has its flaws and it will never be 100% like a gen. You are going to reject a watch because of the pearl but the paint color on all of the sub-c are wrong. You can see the paint at arms length but not the pearl. If you were really so picky, you would not even buy this rep. There are a lot more accurate reps available.

ColPanic

17/11/13
its the angle of the pic
these v3s have a thick rim in real life ,way thicker than the real pearl

I have to agree with this. I have pics of mine where the pearl looks great and where it looks like this. I think lighting and angle have much to do with it (plus it's soooo tiny in real life that you'll never notice that the pearl even has a ring around it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

benjji

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/13
Every rep has its flaws and it will never be 100% like a gen. You are going to reject a watch because of the pearl but the paint color on all of the sub-c are wrong. You can see the paint at arms length but not the pearl. If you were really so picky, you would not even buy this rep. There are a lot more accurate reps available.

jeff, ok this is just a rep, we have to know it.. but, if the majority of V3 piece has the rigth pearl, why i have to accept an wrong piece ?! :rolleyes:

benjji

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/13
I have to agree with this. I have pics of mine where the pearl looks great and where it looks like this. I think lighting and angle have much to do with it (plus it's soooo tiny in real life that you'll never notice that the pearl even has a ring around it.

the problem is the glue at edges SINCE the pearl is so small. sorry but this is so!

yes i'm agree, on real you can not see it.. but this is an different thing

ColPanic

17/11/13
its a normal v3.with the 2nd gen dial.there is a 3rd v3 dial now.toro also has this with the even better dial now,but i would accept this v3

What is the difference between his dial and this one?
ge2esyse.jpg

Edit - here is his cropped
edu2u6a8.jpg

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
jeff, ok this is just a rep, we have to know it.. but, if the majority of V3 piece has the rigth pearl, why i have to accept an wrong piece ?! :rolleyes:
Benji, it's not your or my watch. If the OP has concerns about the watch he should take that up with the TD. There was no point in posting qc pics or starting a thread about it. I think this should be moved to the bin where it belongs.

OP, I am not targeting you...people posting qc pics gets old. I will stay out now.

tt88

㊙️ Time does not wait ㊙️
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
15/9/12
Village, of course
enough discussion for now. OP will get another watch, pics or whatever he wish and he will decide to take it or not.

thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.