• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM MX Strap??? FAKE????

jayely1

6/12/13
I was told they don't make fake MX straps, so I bought one and this is what it looks like.. It looks fine except the buckle (Big "S") And it doesn't say Panerai on the buckel. The leather has the panerai stamp and correct looking markings...What's going on here??

jayely1

6/12/13
Good call on that..So the guy took off the original buckle and put this one on i'm assuming...

joegrimm

I'm Pretty Popular
27/10/10
The original MX buckle would have been sewn in. I doubt someone would cut it up just to remove it. And also the OEM MX strap has closed box stitching, yours is open box. where did you buy this from?

joegrimm

I'm Pretty Popular
27/10/10
you have a link to the sales thread. I hate to say it, but i have never seen a MX strap that looks like yours before

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
I agree, it doesn't look like a MX strap. We need better pictures

Pamtastic

Renowned Member
31/1/13
Hopefully I'm wrong but this looks like an aftermarket strap with a simona buckle.
where's the link on risti where you bought this from? How much did you pay? Those MX straps are usually well above the cost of the normal modern OEM straps.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
MX straps are box stitched, meaning there is stitching across the strap before the lug bar holes. This isn't. Plus the buckle has already been identified as a Di Stefano buckle based on the engraving.

jayely1

6/12/13
he messaged me awhile and had a legitimate one for sale. Then a couple months later he wrote me about this one..Which isn't too close to the real deal..it was $150.00 so I bought it..Oh well, I will just open a case on paypal

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
MX straps are also replicated. Else this would be gen. :)
BSKUByl.jpg

Actual gen:
IMG_8618.jpg

lmmo

Renowned Member
2/2/15
Where to find reps of the MX buckle like the one shown on [MENTION=12819]mysterio[/MENTION] photo?