• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sea dweller(DSSD)

hypercore

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/8/13
This is my first posting (technically second after my "hello" post)...

I purchased my first REP about 10 days ago from Andrew. It's "The Ultimate Version of DeepSea ... Blue Superlume" . I wanted to start off with a BANG!!! Well, perhaps I should have went with the Hublot Big "BANG" :)

Anyway, I hope to get it in my hands in a few days. I am curious to hear from anyone else on this site that may have bought it, and am curious to know what your feeling are about it. This being my first REP, I don't know what to expect. I went ahead and paid for an upper-end model (i.e. more expensive) than middle of the road and be dissappointed. If it's a good experience, and the thing looks good in person (it certainly did in the pictures and short demo video on the site), then I'll be purchasing other ones (probably from Andrew).

Other REPS I would like to get are:
- Pro Hunter Deep Sea PVD Black Swiss 2836
- Omega UPO 45 (Orange) Swiss Eta 2824-2
- Omega UPO 45 (Ceramic w/red lettering Swiss Eta 2824-2
- Big Bang Tourbillon RG/RU Black Skeleton Flying Tourb
- Navitimer FG/LE Black Stick Asia 7750 28800
- BAvenger Seawolf SS/SS Yellow Swiss 2824-2
- Breitling Navitimer World GMT Black - LB - New Asia 7750
- Breitling Serie Speciale Black - LB - New Asia 7750

Any comments on the above is a appreciated.

These are on my saved list (for now).

This weekend, I will be going to the jewelry store to pickup a GEN Omega PO (red lettering). Good price!!!

Cheers

Hypercore

carlton

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/10/11
I'm curious to know, out of so many dealers that we have here why would you go with Andrew?

hypercore

21/8/13
Fair enough question, which begs the question, how does a person that's just getting into REPs know what dealer to go with (whether it be his first for 1000th), when there are so many? I just went with someone that got a few mentions on this and few other sites. Nothing more. If you know Andrew to be not good or is questionable, then by all means do let me know. I am trying to learn... I just got into this at the beginning of August. And incidentally, I found him by accident... and came on this site after the fact that I purchased the watch.

carlton

2/10/11
So you have found him from other rep forum and bought it before you join here.

I have never deal with Andrew before but some of his antics don't makes me feel that he is a good dealer. When I say that, I don't mean that he will scam your money but just his behavior and what he does put me off.

And just to let you know, they are not a trusted dealer here (You can try to search for information if you wanna know what is the reason why they are not TD here) . So if anything happen in your order with them, you will not be getting any help from staff in this forum.

Anyway, all dealers can get almost any watches that other dealers get but you might encounter some problem if you wanna get something that is make from Noob from them.

:cheers:

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
Hypercore, welcome aboard. Glad to have you join us mate. As you might be able to tell from Carlton's comments, Andrew and Josh are not trusted dealers on RWI, but they are trusted on RG. They were once TD's here as well, but were banned several years ago because the administrators for RWI conducted an investigation and determined that they were using coercive tactics to force other TD's to raise and fix prices. The have also been accused of using other anti-competitive tactics and have made libelous statements regarding other dealers and makers. For this reason, members that consider RWI as their replica home forum, avoid buying watches from Andrew and Josh unless they are the only dealer offerig a certain watch..

I do want to be clear though that the reason for their ban had nothing to do with any specific transactions involving their customers. If you buy a watch for Andrew or Josh, you will get the watch you buy. I have bought one watch from Andrew (my first rep in fact) and two or three watches from Josh. As much as I hate to admit it, I was really impressed with Josh's business operation. You get quick responses to emails. He personally responded to my emails within a couple of hours. The payment process was smooth and professional (and he takes paypal, which is a big deal these days). I had excellent QC pictures of my watch within 24 hours and the watch was shipped the same day--and packed very securely I might add. I haven't needed to use them for any after sales service, but by all accounts Josh and Andrew are very responsive. While they provide very good service, you should note that they also charge considerably more for their watches then other excellent dealers that offer the same exact watch and provide similar levels of service. If you plan on getting other watches in the future (and it sounds like you are), I strongly suggest you try one of RWI's TDs.

Finally, to the root of your question regarding the Sea Dweller, lol... this is the second time today that I am going to be telling a noob to use the search button or check out the Rolex sectioin. There is a 1000 post thread on the Sea Dweller in the section (which also the most popular and active thread in the Rolex Section). You can't miss it if you went to the Rolex Section. In any case, you could spend a couple of hours reading all about the BP Sea Dweller that you bought and what everyone has done with their watch. It's one of the best Rolex reps out there--so you got that part right. You should have skipped the "Swiss movement", but that's ok too. You also probably could have saved around $100 bucks buying it from Sead (a TD on both RWI and RG). I guess it's all part of the learning curve. Anyway, I'll do you a solid and give you the link: http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/bp-seadweller-best-141721?t=141721

User_Error

Renowned Member
18/5/11
Middle of Nowhere, Kansas
it will probably be a bp dssd, make sure you check the OGEV engravings are in the correct location, there were a lot of them that were way off. other than that it is a good rep. i wear a noob v6.1 dssd daily and love it.

word of advice for your future purchases: don't pay extra for "swiss". chances are you will get a clone anyway so might as well save a few bucks, and if you do get a swiss movement it is not guaranteed to be new, might be used with poor quality chinese replacement parts. the clones now are pretty damn good.

teoulennon

Renowned Member
17/5/11
I went with Andrew once a long time ago.
It was an awful experience, from communication to shipping time.

I like the navitimer, biggest tell is a sunken datewheel. The bezel prob won't line up with the dial markers either.

I had a UPO and the bracelet was a nightmare. This is a pretty well known problem with the watch.
My clasp broke after the second day and taking links out will make you pull your hair out till you look like Mr. Clean.
l59394.jpg

TatsNguns

4/12/08
I went with Andrew once a long time ago.
It was an awful experience, from communication to shipping time.

I like the navitimer, biggest tell is a sunken datewheel. The bezel prob won't line up with the dial markers either.

I had a UPO and the bracelet was a nightmare. This is a pretty well known problem with the watch.
My clasp broke after the second day and taking links out will make you pull your hair out till you look like Mr. Clean.
l59394.jpg

Swapping straps on those omegas is a act that shouldn't be attempted by anyone with anger issues

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

hypercore

21/8/13
To your first question (I believe it's a question, although I don't see a "?" at the end of the sentence... be that as it may. Anyway, the answer is yes.

So you've never dealt with Andrew, and neither have I. He DID not scam my money. I missed the delivery yesterday, as I was still at work when the post office attempted to deliver the package. The wanted a signature since it was sent "priority mail". The mailman left a document to come pick up the package from the post office, which my wife did earlier today. Everything looks fantastic. She got a TAG "LINK", and I got the SeaDweller Blue Superlume. Being this it's our first purchase, and have nothing to compare it to really, they seem to be in perfect working order. Both watches, thus far, are working. Package was good (small box, about 4"x6"x6") with both watches inside a foam box, inside a card board box.

I have not issues to speak of with "Andrew'. I asked him several question prior to the ordering, during the ordering process, and after ordering. Considering he's half a world away, I felt he answered each of my questions promptly, based on the time difference.

Now if the watches themselves turn out to be duds, that's a different story altogether.

To your other point, I did not realize that one needed to make sure to check into THIS particular web site to make sure things were on the up and up. As I may have mentioned, or not, I only started looking into REPs at the beginning of August (less than a month ago); it's a learning process to me, including finding the right discussion forums, who to ask, what to look for, etc... I hope you are capable of understanding that?

As for wanting / getting help from staff members here or any other forum, I wouldn't even think of it. If something goes wrong with a particular order, from a trust dealer or not, what can any particular forums staff member, or otherwise, do for me, other than say, "send them an email, and hope for the best". Or are you staff members actually connected? Perhaps you are... do tell please!

With keeping with what you've said, I am now after UPO. Can you tell me which "trusted" dealer has this particular watch(es) - best quality, and best price? I am after at least two of them.

Thanks and cheers

So you have found him from other rep forum and bought it before you join here.

I have never deal with Andrew before but some of his antics don't makes me feel that he is a good dealer. When I say that, I don't mean that he will scam your money but just his behavior and what he does put me off.

And just to let you know, they are not a trusted dealer here (You can try to search for information if you wanna know what is the reason why they are not TD here) . So if anything happen in your order with them, you will not be getting any help from staff in this forum.

Anyway, all dealers can get almost any watches that other dealers get but you might encounter some problem if you wanna get something that is make from Noob from them.

:cheers:

hypercore

21/8/13
Thanks!!! I like all the good, straightforward advice. Very good explanation. I see no issues / problems with anything you've said :)

Regarding "searching"... it's a great feature and the results are extensive. I am very familiar with this type of bulletin board, as many others in the cars, motorcycles, electronics boards are run on it. I am familiar. But let me say that looking through literally thousands of search results can be daunting. After all, the only chance I get is for one hour or so during my lunch "hour" at work, and perhaps just a little another 1/2 hour or so in the evening, and not everyday. Anyway, what I'm saying is that although all the information is in fact there, but that in itself is the problem for "noobs" :) Too much information (overload) so to speak. Be that as it may, this seems to be one of two or three really great boards to be on for the product at hand. But it took me a week or two to come to that conclusion, on a on and off basis of looking, while trying to decide if I really want to get into the REP world.

I'm a watch fanatic; I have been for a long time, but my responsibilities lie else where, and not with buying GEN items, regardless of how much I LOVE watches :)

With that said, I'm about to go a little later and get the GEN Planet Ocean (larger size). I want to have at least one; will hopefully be more, but for now, it's my watch of choice. My wife "got" it for my birthday (i.e. she's the best).

Hypercore, welcome aboard. Glad to have you join us mate. As you might be able to tell from Carlton's comments, Andrew and Josh are not trusted dealers on RWI, but they are trusted on RG. They were once TD's here as well, but were banned several years ago because the administrators for RWI conducted an investigation and determined that they were using coercive tactics to force other TD's to raise and fix prices. The have also been accused of using other anti-competitive tactics and have made libelous statements regarding other dealers and makers. For this reason, members that consider RWI as their replica home forum, avoid buying watches from Andrew and Josh unless they are the only dealer offerig a certain watch..

I do want to be clear though that the reason for their ban had nothing to do with any specific transactions involving their customers. If you buy a watch for Andrew or Josh, you will get the watch you buy. I have bought one watch from Andrew (my first rep in fact) and two or three watches from Josh. As much as I hate to admit it, I was really impressed with Josh's business operation. You get quick responses to emails. He personally responded to my emails within a couple of hours. The payment process was smooth and professional (and he takes paypal, which is a big deal these days). I had excellent QC pictures of my watch within 24 hours and the watch was shipped the same day--and packed very securely I might add. I haven't needed to use them for any after sales service, but by all accounts Josh and Andrew are very responsive. While they provide very good service, you should note that they also charge considerably more for their watches then other excellent dealers that offer the same exact watch and provide similar levels of service. If you plan on getting other watches in the future (and it sounds like you are), I strongly suggest you try one of RWI's TDs.

Finally, to the root of your question regarding the Sea Dweller, lol... this is the second time today that I am going to be telling a noob to use the search button or check out the Rolex sectioin. There is a 1000 post thread on the Sea Dweller in the section (which also the most popular and active thread in the Rolex Section). You can't miss it if you went to the Rolex Section. In any case, you could spend a couple of hours reading all about the BP Sea Dweller that you bought and what everyone has done with their watch. It's one of the best Rolex reps out there--so you got that part right. You should have skipped the "Swiss movement", but that's ok too. You also probably could have saved around $100 bucks buying it from Sead (a TD on both RWI and RG). I guess it's all part of the learning curve. Anyway, I'll do you a solid and give you the link: http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/bp-seadweller-best-141721?t=141721

hypercore

21/8/13
Good advice!!! Thank you. I'm learning.

it will probably be a bp dssd, make sure you check the OGEV engravings are in the correct location, there were a lot of them that were way off. other than that it is a good rep. i wear a noob v6.1 dssd daily and love it.

word of advice for your future purchases: don't pay extra for "swiss". chances are you will get a clone anyway so might as well save a few bucks, and if you do get a swiss movement it is not guaranteed to be new, might be used with poor quality chinese replacement parts. the clones now are pretty damn good.

hypercore

21/8/13
For that that know Andrew's site - I purchased the "ROLSD029B" model. I read above that the TDs here have it cheaper than Andrew. Is that the case for this particular model? Would like to hear who has bought this particular REP, is it in fact cheaper than what Andrew has it listed for?

hypercore

21/8/13
Before anyone takes anything that I've written in the wrong way, let me just say that I do appreciate all the great input / advice. I'm learning. Prior to this, my interest has been in cars, and photographic equipment. I'm done with cars; photography is my passion, but now that I've bought everything (almost... it never really does end) that I essentially wanted, my lurking eyes have turned to watches (again).

carlton

2/10/11
To your first question (I believe it's a question, although I don't see a "?" at the end of the sentence... be that as it may. Anyway, the answer is yes.

So you've never dealt with Andrew, and neither have I. He DID not scam my money. I missed the delivery yesterday, as I was still at work when the post office attempted to deliver the package. The wanted a signature since it was sent "priority mail". The mailman left a document to come pick up the package from the post office, which my wife did earlier today. Everything looks fantastic. She got a TAG "LINK", and I got the SeaDweller Blue Superlume. Being this it's our first purchase, and have nothing to compare it to really, they seem to be in perfect working order. Both watches, thus far, are working. Package was good (small box, about 4"x6"x6") with both watches inside a foam box, inside a card board box.

I have not issues to speak of with "Andrew'. I asked him several question prior to the ordering, during the ordering process, and after ordering. Considering he's half a world away, I felt he answered each of my questions promptly, based on the time difference.

Now if the watches themselves turn out to be duds, that's a different story altogether.

To your other point, I did not realize that one needed to make sure to check into THIS particular web site to make sure things were on the up and up. As I may have mentioned, or not, I only started looking into REPs at the beginning of August (less than a month ago); it's a learning process to me, including finding the right discussion forums, who to ask, what to look for, etc... I hope you are capable of understanding that?

As for wanting / getting help from staff members here or any other forum, I wouldn't even think of it. If something goes wrong with a particular order, from a trust dealer or not, what can any particular forums staff member, or otherwise, do for me, other than say, "send them an email, and hope for the best". Or are you staff members actually connected? Perhaps you are... do tell please!

With keeping with what you've said, I am now after UPO. Can you tell me which "trusted" dealer has this particular watch(es) - best quality, and best price? I am after at least two of them.

Thanks and cheers

Nothing you have said that makes me feel the they are more better than any of our TD here. What they did are basically the same as what our TD did. When did I say that you need to check this forum to make sure things were on the up and up?

I'm just telling you that the dealer you are dealing with are not TD here in case you don't know and in case you decided to stay here for good. But since you think that you will never(hopefully) need help from anyone, it doesn't matter to you.

By all means you can deal with anyone you like to, i'm not going to stop anyone and have never intend to stop anyone unless it is a scam site. I can't be bothered, read if you wanna learn if not just buy whatever you like . Like I say before, most dealer can get any watch that are repped.