• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

noob v3 disappointed

live1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/3/13
It's Subpar because as a "trusted" dealer they should know what product they're shipping to their consumers... Take me for instance, I barely can spot the differences between the V2 and V3 Subs... But thanks to this site, I'm learning BUT what if I didn't do any research? I would just be stuck with a V2 THINKING its a V3 because the "trusted" dealer said so. The problem I ran into is that I paid for (Yes, the money was deducted from my account) a product that's not even in their inventory at the present moment... Nothing was mentioned about "pre order" or "back order", it's advertised on their site as being "in stock"... So yes, these are sub par business practices. With all that being said, I'm letting them work things out without complaining to them and hopefully I will receive my product sooner than later.

bro you aint the only one who has had there cash taken then told its out of stock.i know of at least 4 of us in the same boat.all we can do us wait,like i said before most of the tds have been taking posters money then saying no stock its just a badly organised release.try to relax fella

Kev1986

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/2/14
bro you aint the only one who has had there cash taken then told its out of stock.i know of at least 4 of us in the same boat.all we can do us wait,like i said before most of the tds have been taking posters money then saying no stock its just a badly organised release.try to relax fella
I'm calm, just making a point. Lol

D

d4m.test

You want perfection buy a gen. You want smooth, order from Amazon.

Be Happy with the fact that this forum and a TD list exists.
Stop all your whining and own that you are buying REP.

This is a great post from a noob. ;) However while I agree this thread is getting a bit nitpicky, I think there's a lot of good information and warnings here for noobs looking to buy this watch. The alternative is that nobody whines and complains, and this happens to everybody that places an order. We'd have noobs doing PayPal disputes left and right.

It's one thing to read a post saying "trust me, keep your expectations low." It's a whole different story to read "keep your expectations low, here's why..."

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk 2

live1

Banned
25/3/13
lol i think we need to put this v3 release behind us all and move forward

Aldo69

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/12
Just a quick note.
Spent the last half hour or so Loctite 222'n the bracelet screws on my V3, as since it arrived, 2 seperate screws had somehow worked loose. Never ever had this issue with my V1, maybe something to watch for lads if anyone manages to land one.
I gave them all a quick torque up when I removed my initial links so could be a flaw. Not saying it is, but just keep an eye on them troops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

live1

Banned
25/3/13
cheers if i ever receive one ill tighten and loctite the bastads lol

electric

I'm Pretty Popular
14/11/12
I'm waiting for BMW to chime in on this one. Perhaps angus should still post upcoming news but first should help the factories put the old versions on sale to clear the stock. THEN release the news and get everything dialed in. But the responsibility shouldn't be on PureTime alone. either way I like the news of upcoming models.

If this happened with ANY other watch it wouldn't have been a big deal. It's the submariner though.

I'm still waiting to hear what size gasket and where to buy it for the crystal to be gen spec or close to gen spec height.

The TC is still the best IMO but my style is more 116610 then 16610.

electric

I'm Pretty Popular
14/11/12
Just a quick note.
Spent the last half hour or so Loctite 222'n the bracelet screws on my V3, as since it arrived, 2 seperate screws had somehow worked loose. Never ever had this issue with my V1, maybe something to watch for lads if anyone manages to land one.
I gave them all a quick torque up when I removed my initial links so could be a flaw. Not saying it is, but just keep an eye on them troops.

My v1 did the same, loctite was needed but I used the weaker one not the 222. I'd suggest the strongest possible for a watch. So I guess 222 it is.

live1

Banned
25/3/13
ive told u 2.7mm is the gasket size for gen spec crystal height.i had my bp gasket shaved ages ago

electric

I'm Pretty Popular
14/11/12
ive told u 2.7mm is the gasket size for gen spec crystal height.i had my bp gasket shaved ages ago

Thank you I recall seeing it ages ago for the BP but wasn't sure if the noob v3 had the same specs and maybe needed a different size gasket then the gen to achieve that height.

Also is a shaved gasket as water resistant as a non shaved gasket?

Aldo69

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/12
Al stick with my V3. Its smashing, ye should see it.
Oh thats right,

live1

Banned
25/3/13
Thank you I recall seeing it ages ago for the BP but wasn't sure if the noob v3 had the same specs and maybe needed a different size gasket then the gen to achieve that height.

Also is a shaved gasket as water resistant as a non shaved gasket?

i swim in mine

live1

Banned
25/3/13
ive found out the platinum plating the insert can be done easy.first they need to use a conductive spray then the platinum can stick to the numbers.you can even buy home kits,most electroplate company's can do this job.and jewellers.i think ill try to find someone to try this out on an old bp insert to see if it looks legit

rjk1

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/13
ive found out the platinum plating the insert can be done easy.first they need to use a conductive spray then the platinum can stick to the numbers.you can even buy home kits,most electroplate company's can do this job.and jewellers.i think ill try to find someone to try this out on an old bp insert to see if it looks legit

That was originally my point a couple months back... why waste all this effort with paints that rub off when it's possible to plate the insert with the metal itself. It shouldn't be too expensive either. Home kits for gold plating are pretty cheap, the same electrolytic properties apply to plat metals.. I just wonder how difficult it is to get the plating on only the numbers

live1

Banned
25/3/13
easy so the local jeweller said.and wont cost much

live1

Banned
25/3/13
got an email from ryan took ages for a reply .and looks like im not getting my qc pics on the 5th now.im definitely going to get a refund if he dosent sort this by the end of the week.and get a tc ,or go with sead

electric

I'm Pretty Popular
14/11/12
I would wait it out, while yes the TC is awesome and sead is legit, if you wait I think Ryan will go the extra distance for ya, just let him know.