• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help or advice needed on a DOA watch with wrongly supplied movement?

D

d4m.test

Yeah, you got the Shit-TA (Shitty, eh?) Movement for sure.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk 2

bradj

I'm Pretty Popular
21/7/12
Yeah, you got the Shit-TA (Shitty, eh?) Movement for sure.

figures... well hopefully the crown/stem I'm having sourced will work.

Its been about 8 months since I ordered it for my brother.. perhaps I'll file a dispute with the TD :)

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
figures... well hopefully the crown/stem I'm having sourced will work.

Its been about 8 months since I ordered it for my brother.. perhaps I'll file a dispute with the TD :)

Bummer dude....keep us posted, i still got my old 2813BS that came in my SOSF it actually runs pretty FAIR after i reassembled it and oiled it . I dont got a spare crown, but if you need the stem i can part it out for you.

TimeWillTell

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
I wouldn't do that. A nice clone 2836 is a $60 "investment".

Yank the junk, put a new Tingjing 2836 in. Beats arguing further about how crappy H factory is.

Daz and John should just shake hands and be good firiends. Neither of you intentionally raises hell.

It's a gentlemens' game. H factory is the ultimate trouble maker. They won, both of you lost.

However it is a valuable lesson for all of us.
yes Sir, well said!

I have apologized to daz8161 on whatsapp. I'm sorry to have been harsh in my replies in this thread. I'm just waiting for the watch now, and would refund daz8161 once the watch arrive..

This particular watch had served it's purpose, a valuable lesson for me. I would be more wary about watches from this maker..

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
BP factory is not much better. ALWAYS dust on the dial, ALWAYS dirty, etc.

D

d4m.test

Not to mention every bezel and dial on a bp watch I've ever received is crooked.

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
yep, I agree. my new datejust II from the BP factory has a metal flake or piece of dust in it that drives me nuts. Other than that it's great, but there's no reason that they can't blow these out before assembling them.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
The reason is they don't give a F about dust, dirt, fingerprints, or a flake of metal. If it's good enough it's good enough, the dial says Rolex, the watch is assembled, the second hand is moving, watch is good to sell.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Well i guess none will ever update their ad descriptions.

Too bad really, when it is brought to their attention and they dont do anything.

From the 2 dealers i know have been made aware of this :

1)1:1 COPY Version 2 Newest version
Made From H Maker
Swiss ETA 2836 Movement is $368 USD
Asian ETA Clone 2826 is $208 USD

2)

DESCRIPTION: From the H Factory, a new remake of the Steelfish
CASE: Stainless Steel
MOVEMENT: Silver Plated Asian ETA 2836-2, 25J, High beat 28800
DIMENSIONS: 44.5 x 16.5mm
CRYSTAL: Sapphire with Double Sided AR Coating
STRAP / BRACELET: Stainless Steel or rubber

These were coppied from their websites today.
Kind of disheartening.

Spiccato

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
Interesting. I had a 21j SOSF blue dial that had a black eyelash floating around in the dial. Not mine. Gave the watch away...