• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What The **** is Wrong With USPS???

• Thread starter d4m.test
  • Start date
D

d4m.test

I need to rant. I've had enough. I sold a 6497 to a guy in Canada and it took 30+ days to get there. It took 7 days just to leave Miami and disappeared for 3 weeks, resurfacing in NYC, Then another week from there to Canada.

Now my most recent $700 order goes from HK to NYC in 1 day, then to SAN FRANCISCO??? I'm going to lose my mind. I live in the SOUTH EAST!!!

Imagine if FedEx or UPS tried this crap. Our tax dollars "hard" at "work"

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
They've been doing some weird shit lately and shipping to Canada always takes a long time. Its got to be Canada's customs I suppose.

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Agreed they have been a mess the last few months

Sent from my iPhone noob V3

NCchef

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/13
I sold a gen buckle to a guy in russia. Sent usps global priority. Left Miami Nov 16 and still has not arrived. W T F. They got my $20 and ran! That's how they are making up the 2 billion loss.......

D

d4m.test

I don't think I'd ship anything to Russia unless it was to a family member. Once it leaves the US, tracking is out the window. You just have to pray you are dealing with some one honest.

Dots

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/1/14
I understand your frustration, but your rant contains some common misconceptions.
You want to compare USPS to fedex or ups? We (yes by god I'm a letter carrier) got all our Christmas parcels delivered on time. My office had over 99% success for delivery over the whole Christmas season.
Fedex and ups just got caught up. How soon we forget eh?

Oh and tax dollars? Not a red cent since 1971.

And finally, we aren't losing money as much as we are being robbed.
How about the fed gives us back the 12+ billion we were overcharged by the .gov to fund out retirement plans, as recommended by USGAO?
Or maybe recind the requirement foisted upon us in 2006 to prefund pensions for the next 75 years (yes funding the pensions of people not yet born) by paying 5 billion a year into another separate fund from the one we already overpaid by 12 billion? You do that and we made 600 million dollars in profit last year.

So ya, your parcel is doing some crazy stuff and you need to call 1800 ask USPS and file an official complaint, but come on man, get informed before you inaccurately bash one of the only .gov services that is actually innumerated in the Constitution.

flyr

Renowned Member
15/9/12
They've been doing some weird shit lately and shipping to Canada always takes a long time. Its got to be Canada's customs I suppose.

Canada customs? It was received by customs,cleared and delivered the next day!
tracking2.jpg

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Now my most recent $700 order goes from HK to NYC in 1 day, then to SAN FRANCISCO???

Sorry I meant to tell you they decided to send it me :lol:....To this day I have not figured out the method to their madness when it comes to shipping stuff. Baffling how an item can enter the country through the Atlantic and the Pacific. Wacky!

smokiedabong

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/8/12
Just to point out The Postal Service receives no tax dollars for operating expenses and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations. I am happy with USPS and their pricing.

None of them are perfect, UPS just lost me a $3000 package and destroyed another one worth $2500 in the last month, the process of getting money from insurance is a PITA.

smokiedabong

22/8/12
Saw a better video a while back, can't find it now, but here is how a sorting center works, the fact that machines are reading the address and deciding where the package needs to go may have something to do with it.

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
Nice video. Now folks here can get an inside view on how their packages get sorted and all that jazz. If it is delayed, don't blame it on the Postal guys, they are always sweating their asses off to get your package to you. Blame it on the robots !! It's 2014 . Gotta keep up with the times. Automation is here to stay. Sooo, ... keep tracking that package, its having fun on the conveyors. Zoom zoom !

D

d4m.test

So ya, your parcel is doing some crazy stuff and you need to call 1800 ask USPS and file an official complaint, but come on man, get informed before you inaccurately bash one of the only .gov services that is actually innumerated in the Constitution.

I can see you are sensitive to my remarks because you work for the postal service. Sorry about that. I did call your 800 number, but I was put on hold for 45 minutes and then the system hung up on me. Again and again same result. What did I say that is inaccurate? the USPS owes the US treasury billions of dollars. Last time I checked the US treasury collects and manages the country's "Revenue" (tax dollars). Also, my first package took 3 weeks to leave the US (very accurate). The second package was just sent from Hong Kong to New York to San Francisco, even though I live in the south east (very accurate).

Just to point out The Postal Service receives no tax dollars for operating expenses, and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations, I am happy with USPS and their pricing.

None of them are perfect, UPS just lost me a $3000 package and destroyed another one worth $2500 in the last month, the process to get money from insurance is a PITA.

See above and don't buy the "technically speaking the USPS is funded by their own revenue". That's impossible. They operate at a loss and owe the government billions.

I wasn't intending to inflame and offend the letter carriers here. But letter carrier or not, take a step back as a customer of a service and look at that tracking info. It's wildly frustrating.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Interesting video there. Speaking of mail, I would say that at least 75% of my delivered mail is unwanted advertising, marketing and credit offers. If I could eliminate most of the unwanted mail I think I could tolerate getting mail delivered on just 3 days a week.

smokiedabong

22/8/12
See above and don't buy the "technically speaking the USPS is funded by their own revenue". That's impossible. They operate at a loss and owe the government billions.

I wasn't intending to inflame and offend the letter carriers here. But letter carrier or not, take a step back as a customer of a service and look at that tracking info. It's wildly frustrating.

For $3.23 they will take my package and deliver it to a home address all the way to Russia. I wouldn't be able to deliver a package to my next door neighbor for $3.23 and make a profit.

D

d4m.test

For $3.23 they will take my package and deliver it to a home address all the way to Russia. I wouldn't be able to deliver a package to my next door neighbor for $3.23 and make a profit.
Well said! I don't disagree.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
LOL, my mistake I thought it was Canada holding up your package, but I now see it was USPS, I made that remark based on a package I sent to Canada once, it took a month to arrive.

MARK746

28/10/12
BC, Canada
Doesn't look like Canada customs, it took till Dec 10 to get to Canada, delivered on the 11th. I'm not defending Canada's postal service, it sucks, but this is clearly a USPS FU

runta25

Renowned Member
3/1/14
New York, NY
People have got to stop using USPS. My watch has been going between two cities for the last two days. The logistic incompetence is painful.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Sam1977

I'm Pretty Popular
17/6/13
I never use USPS when shipping watches I sell on forums (especially gens!).

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

donerix

I'm Pretty Popular
9/2/09
Nicaragua
I live in Nicaragua - in a small town and our post office is smaller than my closet. I shipped out over 500 packages last year from there and lost a total of 4 packages. In the same time frame I shipped less than 100 packages from the US with USPS and lost 8 shipments.
A few weeks ago I had a friend ship a package ( two watches and several parts, thank god my Franken Rolex 6542 didn't get back from the watch smith in time ) from Miami to Phoenix. Here is the result:

• Expected Delivery Day: Monday, January 13, 2014

• Your item could not be delivered or returned to the sender. It is being forwarded to a USPS mail recovery center where it will be processed.

Product & Tracking Information

Postal Product:

• Priority Mail 2-Day[SUP]™[/SUP]

Features:

• $50 insurance included

• USPS Tracking[SUP]™[/SUP]

DATE & TIMESTATUS OF ITEMLOCATION
Dead Mail / Sent to Mail Recovery Center
January 13, 2014 , 8:44 pmProcessed through USPS Sort FacilityPHOENIX, AZ 85043
January 13, 2014 , 10:53 amForwardedPHOENIX, AZ
January 13, 2014 , 6:28 amOut for DeliveryPHOENIX, AZ 85034
January 13, 2014 , 6:18 amSorting CompletePHOENIX, AZ 85034
January 13, 2014 , 5:42 amArrival at Post OfficePHOENIX, AZ 85034
January 12, 2014Depart USPS Sort FacilityPHOENIX, AZ 85043
January 11, 2014 , 9:03 pmProcessed through USPS Sort FacilityPHOENIX, AZ 85043
January 11, 2014Depart USPS Sort FacilityOPA LOCKA, FL 33054
January 11, 2014 , 12:14 amProcessed at USPS Origin Sort FacilityOPA LOCKA, FL 33054
January 10, 2014 , 8:28 pmDispatched to Sort FacilityMIAMI BEACH, FL 33139
January 10, 2014 , 4:54 pmAcceptanceMIAMI BEACH, FL 33139

What happened between 6:28 AM and 8:44 PM ?

I have since been trying to contact the post office in Phoenix and the recovery center in St.Louis but can't get through to either one.
Still can't understand what happened there. How can they have all that info, but are not able to deliver the package or return it at least...
And why did they not even hold if for a few days to see if someone came looking for it...