• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Broken AP Montoya RG - common issue or just a lemon?

paristoto

I'm Pretty Popular
28/11/12
I got this watch from a member here and watch arrived working so no problem here.
But out of nowhere one pusher fell off. Not sure if this is a common issue with AP reps. First time it happens to me.

Since then I've been trying to find a solution. Ryan (TD and seller of this watch) says he can't source the part. I emailed almost every vendor on the planet.

So now I'm turning to RWI community for help. Any idea how I can fix this?

Pics

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Wow that sucks, have you tried Lucy truetime supporting vendor? I believe she is very good at sourcing parts

zero_deficit

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/12
I'm not sure if I'm right, but I believe there's a quartz or sec@9 rep of this that could be sourced. Probably unlikely it'll fit let alone get the pushers to work, but it might be just enough to cover it up.

Good luck mate!

paristoto

I'm Pretty Popular
28/11/12
Thanks, that's a good idea. Not sure pushers would fit though.

paristoto

I'm Pretty Popular
28/11/12
Lucy doesn't have it :(

Well it will sleep in the box until something comes up...

Motoman4540

24/2/13
Ouch! My worst (OK, maybe not worst, but bad) nightmare! I'm surprised that Ryan can't source it . . . Seems to me that if the watches are still being made, someone should be able to get a part from the "factory" making it . . . After all, the factory has to have the parts to make it somewhere

theflyingdutchman

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
Ouch! My worst (OK, maybe not worst, but bad) nightmare! I'm surprised that Ryan can't source it . . . Seems to me that if the watches are still being made, someone should be able to get a part from the "factory" making it . . . After all, the factory has to have the parts to make it somewhere

... it is not being made anymore! That is the issue and its not like with gens where you can just get new parts. The makers are sometimes tough to get on parts!

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
... it is not being made anymore! That is the issue and its not like with gens where you can just get new parts. The makers are sometimes tough to get on parts!

Looks like I'll be keeping a good hold of mine then!

Sent from my iPhone 5s Using Tapatalk2 S???R?I?????

OL_HB

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/12/09
Same problem over here, watch is at TD for over 3 months now with no solution.

Refund for defective 600$ reps is the best solution,this will be my last AP sec@12.

jpohl402

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/7/12
Same problem over here, watch is at TD for over 3 months now with no solution.

Refund for defective 600$ reps is the best solution,this will be my last AP sec@12.

^^
Sorry to hear. You had Montoya as well?

OL_HB

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/12/09
^^
Sorry to hear. You had Montoya as well?

Yes, same model, Montoya RG.
This watch was an epic fail from day one.
Two days after receive it 2 bezel screws and one pusher guard screw fell off, sent it back to TD, two month waiting to get it back. Wore it few times and then the chrono pusher fell off, and I have no watch till then.

I think TD should take reponsibility to the items they sell and offer refund or replace product instead.

TheTokyoKid

Known Member
17/5/07
That sucks dude. Sorry to hear it, especially with an expensive piece. Hope one turns up.

paristoto

I'm Pretty Popular
28/11/12
I have emailed Ryan but as much as I want to believe he is trying to help it seems he doesn't really care.
I'm fine PAYING for a pusher instead of having a paperweight sitting in a box. A $600+ paperweight + $500 OEM strap, a few emails "are you sure this watch came from me?" "oh yes, I found the order" "but sorry can't help you" and a lot of bitterness.

paristoto

I'm Pretty Popular
28/11/12
I figured if this is a common issue maybe we can get parts from one watch?

Imaknockov

18/1/11
I got this watch from a member here and watch arrived working so no problem here.
But out of nowhere one pusher fell off. Not sure if this is a common issue with AP reps. First time it happens to me.

Since then I've been trying to find a solution. Ryan (TD and seller of this watch) says he can't source the part. I emailed almost every vendor on the planet.

So now I'm turning to RWI community for help. Any idea how I can fix this?

Pics

Do you still have the loose pusher button? I've disassembled this model before, and unless the threaded stem on your button is broken, it can just screw back in. You would have to remove the pusher guard temporarily to reinstall it though.

paristoto

I'm Pretty Popular
28/11/12
Unfortunately I don't have the pusher...it felt somewhere while I was wearing the watch. I'm aggressively looking for a pusher. Even a non RG one. I'll get it plated if I have to.
Appreciating any help I can get.

Thanks.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Remove the second pusher and bring it to a shop to see if you can get the second re-machined or 3D printed.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Why would you blame the dealers ? They would love to sell you a new pusher. Unfortunately , it's just not being made. The watch itself is not available. While I understand your frustration , not sure how any dealer can be blamed.