• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Brand New Ceramic Blue SMP

connery77

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
16/8/11
I just received my beautiful new ceramic blue SMP from Lucy @ Truetime. It's absolutely gorgeous, and Lucy's service was impeccable. By far the best experience I've had from any of our TDs. You may notice that the bezel insert is just a tad off center from the bezel scallops, but that's completely my fault, as Lucy ships the insert unattached so that you may center it perfectly the way you want it. This is definitely the nicest Omega in my collection, and I have quite a few. It definitely makes my old Bond Seamaster look vintage now.

wfou.jpg

5ldc.jpg

ux6c.jpg

connery77

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
16/8/11
The bracelet is magnificent. I haven't handled the genuine article, so I can't compare, but this feels fantastic on its own. Very easy to size using the new screw system, and the clasp is firm and shuts with a definitive click. Also, those pesky old diver extensions that always used to open themselves are a thing of the past. It stays firmly in place.

The raised silver numbers on the black datewheel are a really nice touch. The whole watch just exudes quality. As I said before, it really makes my old Bond Seamaster feel old (but still in a good way).

DJT1

Supporter
15/6/13
Looks great, how much was that fine specimen

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I dont know why we dont see more of them? They are really good reps!

Enjoy your beauty and thanks for sharing!

ianm

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/10
Very nice and I like the idea of installing the bezel yourself as it is one of the more common issues.

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
looks good but 320 bucks is a lot of loot, you can get a titanium 45mm po for that much cash.

they got the He valve in the right location, updated dial and bezel. I wish my bond limited edition version had the He in the right place.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
It may cost a little more than it should but if you change the pearl on that baby and maybe the datewheel you have on heck of a rep in my opinion.

connery77

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
16/8/11
looks good but 320 bucks is a lot of loot, you can get a titanium 45mm po for that much cash.

they got the He valve in the right location, updated dial and bezel. I wish my bond limited edition version had the He in the right place.

Agreed, it is a good chunk of change, but its well worth it, especially if you've already got a titanium 45mm PO :)

It may cost a little more than it should but if you change the pearl on that baby and maybe the datewheel you have on heck of a rep in my opinion.

Why do you say the datewheel needs changing? That's actually one of my favorite things about it.

connery77

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
16/8/11
If you're talking about the date font, I just searched for gen pics, and it looks ok to me, but I'm no expert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09

Are we sure on that?? Can we get confirmation. I always thought the He valve was more slanted and not pointing to the centre of the dial, but more to about the red Seamaster logo

I thought of that too, like the pearl cup appears too high.

connery77

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
16/8/11
I was under the impression that it should be slightly above the 50 instead of aligned with it like most other reps. If there's more to the correct alignment, then I can't tell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
this has to be my next watch.
i always wanted one but having seen how well its repped, its a must have to complete my omega collection.