• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Greasing a bracelet: The right product to use

hautehorloge

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
12/7/13
Hey guys! :)

I want to improve the feeling of my watches and give 'em a bit of "skincare". So i would like to grease the bracelets. Wich product would you recommend? I'd like to have something that feels good and has some durability (i think baby oil is the wrong choice here - when i think how often my watches have watercontact, it will wash out very quick, right?).

Like every time i thank you for your very apprechiated help!

hautehorloge

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
12/7/13
Dry teflon lube

I chose this one now:

5udehunu.jpg

I think i saw it once before in a tuto of bonesey!
Thank's! :)

:cheers:

LupTak

Renowned Member
15/12/11
I chose this one now:

5udehunu.jpg

I think i saw it once before in a tuto of bonesey!
Thank's! :)

:cheers:

That's the stuff mate..

Clean & dry bracelet, ziplock, soak, wait 24 hours, wipe clean. That's what I do and its great!

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
I've used baby oil in the past and, while initially messy, it keeps the bracelet lubricated well and makes your wrist smell nice for a few weeks!

I'm going to use dry lube next time as I've got some for my bike, however, this stuff washes off my bike chain really easily, so if you do get your watch wet regularly you might need to try something else...

DVNE

Put Some Respect On My Name
7/11/12
Is dry lube harmful to the skin though?

slask111

26/7/08
Rock n roll oil. You can get it from eBay. It's great... And has a cool name ;-)

Sorry for the short reply, this is sent from my mobile device

scrubba

29/3/11
I use Ballistol gun oil... non toxic, environmentally friendly, and just happens to be what I use for my guns :) Also chuck my bracelets in a ziplock and soak then paper towel dry and it leaves then silky smooth.

sleeper

18/3/13
Used to use a garage door chain lube since it resisted dirt dust ect., now like the rest teflon lube. :schwing2::schwing:

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
There's not a right thing to use, there are several personal preferences on what product to use, and which process.

Personally, I have come up with my own formula, its a mix of WD40/Baby oil/Teflon lube. Its a milky looking bath, and leaving a bracelet in there for 24 hours after coming out the ultrasonic hot bath works wonders. That is of course after a warm soap wash, then an ice cold clear rinse.

You know, sometimes when I read what I write about what I do with bracelets, no wonder we call it the spa treatment. They get spoilt lol :p

fleadepot

24/7/10
Hampshire
any dry chain lube should do. i used a few different ones and never got allergic reactions or skin irritation. weldite , finish line, rock n roll..

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
I use wd40 first. Let the bracelet soak overnight and and it will clean out debris and other gunk shit outta bracelet. Second night I wash it, clean it and after that I put it in baby oil for a night and it works good. Really good.

Sent from 1:1 app mad with a gen Tapatalk as sample.

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
I've got a watch in the post so am going to steal a few of your tips and put them together as follows:

Step 1) Swarf and Dirt Revoval: Boiling water and detergent in the ultrasonic cleaner for 5 minutes
Step 2) De-grease: Acetone bath in the ultrasonic cleaner
Step 3) Deep Lubricate: Overnight in dry bike chain lube
Step 4) Clean: A good going over with alcohol and cotton wool to get the dry lube off the surface
Step 5) Skin Friendly Lube: A surface treatment of baby oil

I'll let you know how it goes