• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Unbelievable Gen AP Family

mt666tm

Renowned Member
2/2/10
Bottom Left is AMAZING!!!

I love the Skeleton... my pick of the litter!

JaeRSr.

20/2/12
yes, please do! thanks:thumbsup:

Ordered v5 from TC. Yep bracelet is available. Yes, ordered it too!
Now I'm hoping I don't get the old "oops, that bracelet is not REALLY available" email lol.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Jacksongo

Supporter
Certified
2/8/13
Ordered v5 from TC. Yep bracelet is available. Yes, ordered it too!
Now I'm hoping I don't get the old "oops, that bracelet is not REALLY available" email lol.

#winning

so I guess that bracelet will fit V3, V4 and V5? on the title sys V3 tho... might wanna double check.

They got me thinking because on the new www.vagenari.com site TS has for their own strap brand, they are offering a SS bracelet for APs for half the price. The only noticeable difference is that the clasp does not have any logo. What do you think?

http://www.vagenari.com/product.php?id_product=55

JaeRSr.

20/2/12
Yeah I saw that.

Gotta have the AP logo though. If the bracelet doesn't fit it will go up for sale in the forum lol!

Jacksongo

Supporter
Certified
2/8/13
Yeah I saw that.

Gotta have the AP logo though. If the bracelet doesn't fit it will go up for sale in the forum lol!

thats exactly what I told myself "gotta have the AP logo" hahaha I am just waiting on a response back from them to see if it will fit my wrist 8 1/3 inches:facepalm:

JaeRSr.

20/2/12
I did some digging around in the forums and didn't find anything mentioning problems fitting diver bracelets to cases of different versions. Also, the case sizes appear to be the same between the two versions.

Honestly, TS sales did mention that there may be a sizing problem for the V3 bracelet and the v5 case and that I should go with the logo - less bracelet to be sure. They couldn't give me a definitive answer though, so I went ahead and ordered the V3 bracelet for the v5.

Getting a bracelet without that logo just goes against everything I know and love about APs! Couldn't bring myself to do it. I'll let you know how it turns out.

enthusiastic

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/10/13
OMG, these watches can easily worth ~$200K. T_T I would just buy all rep. and spend the rest of the money for a Bentley Continental GT.

JaeRSr.

20/2/12
Update:

(3) days past on order v5 Diver + v3 Bracelet. Haven't gotten QC pics yet. Did speak online with CS and learned QC pics will be in my email next week.

One interesting piece of news is that I learned what the issue is with the v3 bracelet not fitting diver cases. Apparently, the lug holes on the bracelet are too small. this prevents the lug screws from sliding all the way through the bracelet. The fix, simply widen the lug holes on the bracelet with a 1/16 drill bit.

I took a trip over to Home Depot yesterday to grab a bit for my Dremel tool so I'm ready to go once the bracelet and watch gets here. I'll post pics once the mod is done so that others looking to have the same watch/bracelet combination will know what to do.

Hope it helps

ondy

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
5/10/12
Which model is the one right in the middle? Its even bigger than the roo?!?!

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk

Sam1977

I'm Pretty Popular
17/6/13
Get a V5. You'll love it. That's pretty much a super rep.

I think this is good advice. BMW, you think its worth paying extra for the swiss ETA on the v5? I have seen alot of v5 divers for under 350 lately for TDs, but havent pulled the trigger because of the movement.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

JaeRSr.

20/2/12
yes, please do! thanks:thumbsup:

Got the Diver v5 and v3 bracelet in the mail this afternoon.

1. V3 bracelet fit, no mods required (taking that 1/16th drill bit i got back to Home Depot).
2. No problems matching ss of 316L(v3) and 316F (v5). Can't tell there is a difference.
3. Swapping rubber strap for bracelet was done in under 15 minutes.
Here's how it turned out:

Samsung Galaxy Note III

Jacksongo

Supporter
Certified
2/8/13
Got the Diver v5 and v3 bracelet in the mail this afternoon.

1. V3 bracelet fit, no mods required (taking that 1/16th drill bit i got back to Home Depot).
2. No problems matching ss of 316L(v3) and 316F (v5). Can't tell there is a difference.
3. Swapping rubber strap for bracelet was done in under 15 minutes.
Here's how it turned out:

Samsung Galaxy Note III

Stunning!!!

Thanks for the information my friend and congrats on your new watch!

Good things come to those who wait, but better things come to those who hustle!

JaeRSr.

20/2/12
Stunning!!!

Thanks for the information my friend and congrats on your new watch!

You helped this come together man, thank you.

Samsung Galaxy Note III

Jacksongo

Supporter
Certified
2/8/13
You helped this come together man, thank you.

Samsung Galaxy Note III

Hahaha :)

Mine will have to wait a bit since yesterday i order an arktos gmt from mr toro and an orange strap replacement for my ploprof

Im jealous of you now

JaeRSr.

20/2/12
Hahaha :)

Mine will have to wait a bit since yesterday i order an arktos gmt from mr toro and an orange strap replacement for my ploprof

Im jealous of you now

Holy sh.t!
Post pics when you get it! Gotta check it out!

Samsung Galaxy Note III

Jacksongo

Supporter
Certified
2/8/13
Holy sh.t!
Post pics when you get it! Gotta check it out!

Samsung Galaxy Note III

I will buddy!